Author Topic: BigBadToyStore on entrepreneur.com...  (Read 2419 times)

Offline Stim

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
BigBadToyStore on entrepreneur.com...
« on: November 10, 2005, 03:11 PM »
I thought this was interesting.  Over 4 million in sales! They sure have gotten a ton of my money over the years...

http://www.entrepreneur.com/article/0,4621,324064-5,00.html
« Last Edit: November 10, 2005, 03:12 PM by Stim »

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
Re: BigBadToyStore on entrepreneur.com...
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2005, 03:55 PM »
That's awesome.  BBTS.com is one of my first stops anytime I'm looking for something, especially if it's an Asian toy like Kubricks and whatnot.  He had to raise shipping when things got expensive this year but up till then it was $4.95 flat rate, you can't beat that!

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2005, 02:32 AM »
I agree Eric, I like BBTS a lot...  Good company and they really have been a great stop for military toys too.  They practically put Small Blue Planet out of business I think (given SBP's track record at times though it's no wonder really).
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline roguestormtrooper

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2005, 12:42 AM »
I have enjoyed shopping at BBTS,  in fact I have an order pending now.  They sure have reasonable pricing on items i'm looking for and the shipping is fast and dependable. 

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2005, 07:31 PM »
I agree Eric, I like BBTS a lot...  Good company and they really have been a great stop for military toys too.  They practically put Small Blue Planet out of business I think (given SBP's track record at times though it's no wonder really).

SBP had a terrible rep for way overcharging on items.  And they weren't speedy shippers either.  I think I only ordered from them, maybe, one time back when they were blowing out some 1:6 21st figures.  Matter of fact, I think they may have been SBP exclusives but they were cleaning them out for like $5 a pop.

Anyway, companies like BBTS definitely had to eat into their business with fast, cheap shipping and offering some of the same items.  There have been some other on-line toy companies that have gone out of business that I was sad to see go but SBP wasn't one of them.

On a happier note, I'd also recommend killertoys.com.  I ordered some of my GG busts and Maquettes from there and they had good service, shipping and prices.  They're usually my secon stop after BBTS.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2005, 07:41 PM »
BBTS is a good website. Not the cheapest, but it is one of the cheaper websites I've seen. I like their flat shipping rate (better when you buy multiple or expensive items), and I also enjoy how they send out e-mails, keeping customers in touch with what's new and in stock.

I hope their basic figure prices are able to go down a small bit in the future, I'd love to do business with them again.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline TheBlackDog65

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2005, 02:42 AM »
They are my number one online retailer. Joel is very friendly, has EXCELLENT customer service and the prices are more then acceptable for me.

For my Gray Clones I ordered through BBTS. I spent 8 nights hunting for them so if you add it up, I went 240 miles. My Altima gets 28 mph (yes, I'm anal and keep track of my mph in a small notebook).  So I spent 240 miles divided by 28 or 8.57 gallons of gas. Gas here costs $2.10 ($2.099 which I hate because it is really $2.10 in my mind) so I spent $18 dollars in gas trying to find em. That means if I add that to the cost of the set at $20 I spent $38 trying to find em.
I ordered a set through BBTS and it came to just over $29 so I'll say $30 and in my book that is well worth the cost since my time is even more valuable then the cash.

I purchased about 1/2 of my LOTR from TB from them and am glad I did. Great company.

I will say though that I would like to know what the net profit is for the company and for the owner. $4 million in sales is excellent, but what is the net profit. Sure he does well though and he deserves it. Great company.
"For too long gentleness has been equated with weakness.  Yet it takes more strength to be gentle than to be mean."

John Keeshan

Wants: Saga Wave 3

Offline blaster_e11

• Jedi Initiate
  • Charming to the last
    • View Profile
    • My blog
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2005, 11:53 AM »
they are nice sure, but their int'l S&h is way too expensive + you can't know how much it'll cost before your visa get charged  >:(
"Wars don't make one great"