Author Topic: Zett Jukassa  (Read 2504 times)

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Zett Jukassa
« on: November 12, 2005, 09:31 PM »
The old saying is, that if your in a Star Wars movie for at least 0.3 seconds, you get your own action figure and chapter in a "Tales from the..." book. Jett Lucas, GL's son, had a short cameo in ROTS as a Jedi who managed to take down a few 501st Stormtroopers before they gunned him down during the Jedi Purge.

Sculpt:4.5/5
The sculpt on Zett is very crisp and clean, and is a good sculpt of a character who only appeared in ROTS for around 15 seconds. One minor annoyence is that unless you spend 20 minutes trying to pose him just right, he has a hard time standing up. Fortunatly he includes a base.

Articulation:4/5
Jukassy sports 10 points of articulation. This is pretty good for a figure of his size, and he has wrist articulation so he can hold his saber with 2 hands. Good job Hasbro!

Paint:5/5
Zett has a very crisp and detailed paint job, and it looks just like it did in the movie. The boots are especially detailed, and have painted on boot buckles.

Accesories:5/5
Jukassa includes:
-Lightsaber hilt
-Lightsaber blade
-Jedi Temple base
The lightsaber is very good, and has a peg hole but no place to put it on his belt. The base is the "Tech" base weve been getting in a lot of figures in the ROTS line. I really like these bases were getting with ROTS figures, there almost like mini-playsets.

Overall:4.8/5
Zetts a pretty good figure, and had a cool cameo in ROTS. He looks cool displayed with your JTA or Tact. Ops Stormtrooper figures, and with other Jedi. He's pretty tough to find, but it looks like he's shipping in some newer case assortments, so keep your eye out for him.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2005, 12:20 PM by HunterofThePegs »

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: Zett Jukassa
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2005, 10:09 AM »
Nice reveiw Hunter and I agree. I think part of my fondness for the figure is that he easily had one of the best scenes in the entire movie. Next to Yoda, he was the only Jedi who looked like a Jedi.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2005, 03:37 AM »
I'd probably be slightly harder on this figure... 

I think the sculpt and paint aps are nice in general, and that's a good base for a figure to start with, however I felt some flaws really hurt him.

First, he's sculpted "in-action" a bit...  Not terribly so, but that sculpt coupled with him being the first Col. 2 Jedi in the ROTS line to NOT have any knee articulation, and I'm disappointed bigtime right away with him.  Add to that, that Zet was probably the most active Jedi (and successful given what we saw of the others) and that's disappointing that Hasbro decided to cut corners on this figure.  Lucas's kid should bring this up with his old man and get someone at Hasbro in trouble, hehe.  :)

The knees pretty much are what make me give Zett a so-so score...  He's ok, he's neat to have, but I have to say that he fails compared to Agen Kolar who not only was sporting tons of articulation, but had a 3-piece sculpted robe and softgoods skirt piece.  Zett deserved better then IMO.

My 2nd beef is you can't hook his hilt to his belt I believe...  Or am I wrong on that?  I can't see my sample right now to check, but I'm thinking he can't.  If he can, that's cool, and it's not a HUGE deal to me that he can't but it's annoying.  Especially with a removable blade saber.

Anyway, I'd have given him closer to a 3 if we're doing a 5-star type review.  The articulation killed it for me, and pretty much everyone in his wave too like Antilles.  Disappointing to see such regression in the line after they had been doing so well since 4/2.   :-\
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth Vorax

• Youngling
  • Will To Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2005, 04:43 AM »
I don't think he was anything special in the movie,he killed 2-3 troopers and got mowed down accordlingly.Te Jedi that fought in the Temple all fought and killed as many if not more Troopers..Unfortunately though Lucas did show and it occurred off camera...chalk that up to Lucas being a bad director and making unwise choices.

But nice review though!