Author Topic: Marauder Inc.  (Read 34609 times)

Offline blaster_e11

• Jedi Initiate
  • Charming to the last
    • View Profile
    • My blog
Re: Marauder Inc.
« Reply #45 on: July 13, 2006, 08:55 AM »
no FAMAS then ? :'(
"Wars don't make one great"

Offline Spectre

• Jedi Initiate
  • Spirit Of Wrath
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 13, 2006, 09:33 PM »
no FAMAS then ? :'(

Possibly in Series 4, John is releasing only the stuff that is done right now. There were almost 40 items in development and the remainder will be out next year in the spring.
Looking for EXCELLENT 1/18 scale weapons? Check out Marauder, Inc.
www.marauderinc.com/servlet/StoreFront

1 Stop Shopping For all Your Customs Needs:
www.goodtogocustoms.com

Offline blaster_e11

• Jedi Initiate
  • Charming to the last
    • View Profile
    • My blog
« Reply #47 on: July 17, 2006, 03:49 AM »
hope we'll see one in the coming months then

Offline Spectre

• Jedi Initiate
  • Spirit Of Wrath
    • View Profile
Finally, here are the long promised images of the Series #3 weapons.  The white "reduced" prototypes are shown, but production items will be BLACK (except Rifle rack will be a "steel" color). 

All the Series #3 items

357 magnum, Double Barrel Shotgun, Luger, Flashlight, Cell Phone and Rifle Rack

Combat Knife, Machete, Grenade, Claymore, AK-47 / 74 w/ removable clip

"Modified" British Sterling Machine gun (Stormtrooper blaster) with WORKING stock (can be positioned under the barrel or "pivoted" to the full extended position...or REMOVED).

Rifle Rack (will be "steel color")

AK 47 / 74 Assault Rifles with removable clips (with & without bayonet...shown with Series 2 AK74 with Grenade for size comparison)

Crimson Guard with AK 47 / 74 w/Bayonet

Ak 47 / 74 with the clip "removed" (will have "extra" clips for the AKs available).

All the items are shown, except the Beret and Tanker Helmet mic. The release date is still on target for late September, but wanted those folks interested to see the items before then. Also, per numerous requests, here is the price list:

Marauder "Gun-Runners"  Series #3

-Machete       $.75 Each, 12 for $7.99

-Flashlight     $.40 Each, 12 for $3.99

-357 Magnum Pistol     $.40 Each, 12 for $3.99

-Luger     $.40 Each, 12 for $3.99

-Combat knife     $.50 Each, 12 for $4.99

-Grenade    $.20 Each, 6 for $.99 

-Claymore Mine     $.40 Each, 12 for $3.99

-Cell Phone     $.40 Each, 12 for $3.99

-Beret      $.50 Each, 12 for $4.99

-Rifle Rack     $2.49 Each, 3 for $5.99

-Sawed off, Double Barrel Shotgun     $.50 Each, 12 for $4.99

-"Modified" British Sterling Machinegun w/ Working Stock     $1.00 Each, 12 for $9.99

-AK74 /47 Assault Rifle with Bayonet and 1 (ONE) REMOVABLE Ammo Clip      $1.50 Each, 6 for $7.99

-AK74 /47 Assault Rifle with 1 (ONE) REMOVABLE Ammo Clip      $1.50 Each, 6 for $7.99   

Complete Set Series #3 (1 of Each of the above items, NO tanker helmet mic, but INCLUDES 3 Grenades)    $8.99

-------------------------------------
-Tanker Helmet Microphone (available separately ONLY, mic is NOT included with the Series #3 complete set)    $1.99 Each

-AK-47 / 74 "Extra" Ammo Clip    $.25 Each, 5 for $.99

Hope  you like what is in store!

www.goodtogocustoms.com

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 27, 2006, 06:31 PM »
Wow! I think I'm gonna have to buy at least 20 or the E-11's...those are amazing...everything in the lineup looks great, especially the gun rack and the AK's...thanks for the pics, Spectre.
My whole expanse...I cannot see...

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #50 on: August 27, 2006, 07:57 PM »
Yup, I think I may perhaps put in an order on E-11's there Spectre.  I think they look quite snazzy...  I'm assuming the actual shoulder rest on the stock does NOT fold down though, just the single mechanism folds outward... 

Either way it'll be cool I think. 

The Grenade and Claymore are nice too...
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline blaster_e11

• Jedi Initiate
  • Charming to the last
    • View Profile
    • My blog
« Reply #51 on: August 30, 2006, 09:29 AM »
i like the aks

i may get some nades  too

Offline Spectre

• Jedi Initiate
  • Spirit Of Wrath
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 3, 2006, 06:53 PM »
Marauder Series 3 (including that SWEET Stormtrooper rifle w/ the folding stock!) is a vailable NOW!!!!!!!!!!

www.goodtogocustoms.com

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 3, 2006, 09:45 PM »
I'll have to put an order in...maybe next week...
My whole expanse...I cannot see...

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 3, 2006, 10:02 PM »
E-11 is really sweet... Folding stock is awesome too. The AK-47s would be useful for arming Cobra troops, and the flashlight's neat too.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #55 on: October 4, 2006, 02:53 AM »
I just put in an order for 24 E-11s and a few other weapons. I can't wait until they get here! My VOTC troopers are itching for some better weapons. :)
"This is the way."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #56 on: October 4, 2006, 03:03 AM »
I've thought of nabbing some AK's and RPG's, then picking up various arab-ish looking XD figures to make some modern enemies for my BBI figures to shoot at.

The E-11's look sharp too though I'm concerned about a couple things on them.  You'll have to tell us some of the details when you get 'em in Ryan, I'm curious. 
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 5, 2006, 03:34 PM »
I ordered E-11's and P-90's.

I am hoping that they will get into alot of the sandtrooper rifles we see that have yet to show up in 1:18th Scale.

MG13
MG15
MG34 with and without bi-pod

I'd even take their version of the Lewis Gun.

I am tempted to replace all my Joe weapons with this stuff.  A removable magazine on an AK is just incredible.  I used to cut the magazines off of my accessory pack blue AK's so that my guys would have spare mags...

Offline Spectre

• Jedi Initiate
  • Spirit Of Wrath
    • View Profile
Marauder Inc. Series 3 review!
« Reply #58 on: October 17, 2006, 10:27 PM »
I usually try to get these reviews up before the items are released, but I didn't get my Review Set until today.

Now, without further ado, let's look at the toys!

Marauder, Inc. Series 3

Series Overview:

As you can see by the photo above, this release marks a departure from the standard Marauder, Inc. offerings. This is the first release to offer a wide range of accessories beyond the firearms which have made Marauder, Inc. a household name among action figure lovers.

While some fantastic firearms are still present in this release (and I'll discuss them a bit later on in the review), the real stars have to be the "other" items. This release contains what I believe to be the very first realistically scaled cellphone for a 1/18 scale action figure as well as a few other "firsts". The Claymore anti-personnel mine seen below is the first time one of these weapons has been offered in any toy line. The closest we got to them in the past was in the old "G.I.Joe" line, but they were way undersized and only existed as sculpted details on an action figure's accessory.

Claymore:

Cellphone:

The grenades are very well sculpted and are realistically scaled unlike alot of "major companies'" offerings in the recent past.

This flashlight is a great update of everyone's favorite Survivalist's most unique accessory from back in the day. Although this release is far more detailed and guaranteed not to break anyone's thumbs off.

Sadly, I was unable to get decent pics of the details on the very tiny items so I had to steal some pics from Marauder's site :)

The real "non weapon" star of this release is the gun rack. Dioramaists, collectors, and casual fans have been clamoring for someplace to store their extra rifles for years and Marauder, Inc's gun rack does not disappoint! This is the only item in the series not cast in Marauder's trademark semi-gloss black plastic. The gun rack is cast in a dark gunmetal and really sets it apart from any rifles that you may decide to store in it.

Back in Series 2, Marauder, Inc. began their new tradition of adding bladed weapons to their (and our) arsenal. Marauder, Inc. continues that tradition with two new entries in this release. The first is a fantastic machete that would make Jason Voorheese proud. This accessory serves as a great upgrade to any jungle or swamp fighter's kit. The second bladed entry is a spectacular combat knife that would turn Rambo green with envy. Trust me, you will want alot of these knives to outfit your entire army!

Machete:

Combat Knife:

Once again, Marauder, Inc. gives us some great new handguns, including one of the most requested 1/18 scale weapons of all time- the German Luger! The second handgun in this release is a fantastic snub-nosed Magnum revolver (the handle is very thick though so I'd only recommend using it on "new sculpt" or other modern figures with soft plastic hands to prevent thumb breakage).

Luger:

Magnum:

Now we get to what made Marauder, Inc. famous in the first place- well detailed rifles from around the world (and from around the universe). Marauder serves up only 4 rifles in this release, but they in no way disappoint. First, there is a fantastic little sawed-off shotgun very reminiscent of the one carried by a certain post-apocolyptic drunk driving Australian action hero in the film that made him a star.

Sawed-off Shotgun:

This weapon works particularly well with figures that have "angled" wrists and extended fingers like the good Commodore above.

Next, we have a pair of superior upgrades to one of Marauder, Inc's very first offerings. These two AK-47 variants (one with bayonet, one without) feature much more detailing than their original release and also feature the very first 1/18 scale removable ammo clips!

AK-47 (no bayonet):

AK-47 (w/bayonet):

I have saved my personal favorite item in this release for last. For years, fans of a certain science fiction Trilogy have been wanting a hyper-detailed version of one of the sereis' iconic weapons, complete with option of opening the stock like in several comic book appearances of the weapon. And now we have one. This weapon is the first truly accurate-scale release of this weapon ever. coincidentially, this is the single best selling item in Series 3!

"Modified British Sterling":

Stock in closed (top) and open (bottom) positions

Comparison Pic:

Top: Kenner/Hasbro 1995-1999
Middle: Marauder, Inc. 2006
Bottom: Hasbro 2000-current

I plan on picking up 200 of these rifles to arm all of my troopers and to retire all of the Kenner/Hasbro ones in the next 2 months!

Sculpt:

As usual for Marauder, Inc., the sculpts are dead-on to their real world counterparts. Every detail you could ever want or expect is present. From the tiniest buttons on the cellphone to the fire selector switch on the AK-47. From the pin on the grenades to the on/off switch on the flashlight. I honestly do not see how these accessories could be sculpted any better than they currently are, but I have confidence that Marauder, Inc. will continue to up raise the bar with each release.

Construction:

Like all of Marauder, Inc.'s past offerings, this series is cast from a sturdy black plastic. These accessories are not resin casts of other companies' offerings. They are professionally produced with the highest quality plastics in an overseas factory.

A great side note to any customizers- the plastic used for these accessories takes paint very well and can be Krazy Glued(tm) without turning white!

Affordability/Availability[/b]:

One of the best things about Marauder, Inc's offerings is that they are very affordable. With money saving sets available, you can equip all of your troops without breaking the bank. Marauder Inc.'s wares are available 24 hours a day via their website:

http://www.marauderinc.com/servlet/StoreFront

I proudly give Marauder, Inc. Series 3 the "Spectre Seal Of Approval!

Here's a bit of a "sneak peek" at an item coming from marauder, Inc. this spring:

The beret seen in this pic was mistakenly reproduced too small for "average" action figures' heads (which is why 'ol pinhead here is modeling it :) ) by the overseas factory. Correctly-scaled ones will be available in the spring for all of you troops' fashion needs.

www.goodtogocustoms.com

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 23, 2006, 10:14 PM »
Has anybody else gotten their Marauder stuff yet?  I ordered mine on the 4th and still nothing.