Author Topic: Marauder Inc.  (Read 34601 times)

Offline Spectre

• Jedi Initiate
  • Spirit Of Wrath
    • View Profile
Marauder "Gun Runners" Series 4 Review!
« Reply #75 on: August 12, 2007, 06:30 PM »
Marauder "Gun Runners" has once again unleashed an amazing wave of brand new accessories on the world of 3 3/4" action figure collecting/customizing!

Here's a detailed look at the latest from Marauder "Gun Runners".

Marauder "Gun Runners" Series 4
Series Overview:

As is usual for Marauder "Gun Runners" offerings, this series contains some fantastically sculpted accessories from all around the world (and beyond!).

I will be showcasing the various items in this series broken down by accessory type.

First up,

Grenades

Right hand- Smoke Grenade
Left hand- Stick Grenade

These grenades are very accurately scaled and expertly sculpted. The Stick Grenade in particular has many very fine details in it's sculpt that I don't think the "major" companies would have even bothered adding.

Pistols

Walther PPK Automatic Pistol

M1911a1 45 Caliber Automatic Pistol

"Tactical" Automatic Pistol

This series offers 3 more highly detailed pistols to give your figures much needed backup or secondary weapons. The Walther PPK, the signature weapon of a certain British superspy, in this series is the first toy rendition of this particular model firearm in 3 3/4" scale.

Assault Rifles

M16a2 Assault Rifle w/ Removable Clip

FAMAS "Bullpup" Assault Rifle w/ Bipod

Combat Shotgun w/ Shells

HK-G36 (Full Size) Assault Rifle w/ Removable Clip

XM8 Assault Rifle w/ Removable Ammo clip

UMP Tactical Assault Rifle w/ Removable Ammo clip

(banana clip)

(ammo drum)
RPK PKM Machine Gun w/Bipod

(w/optional sight)

(w/o sight)
High-Energy Plasma Disrupter w/ Scope

As you can see, Marauder "Gun Runners" contines to produce a wide range of assault rifles from all over the globe. This series has everything from a tried and true American classic to a Soviet light repeating rifle to a futuristic energy weapon!

Deluxe Accessories

50 Caliber Sniper Rifle w/ Bipod

Briefcase w/ Working Lid

Gatling "Mini-Gun" with Ammo Case

"Modular" M4 Carbine Assault Rifle

(M4 Carbine Assault Rifle w/ Removable Clip w/"Gangster" Front Grip)

(M4 Carbine Assault Rifle w/"Red-Dot" Scope, Double Drum Ammo Clip, Laser Sight Front Grip, and Silencer)

(M4 Carbine Assault Rifle w/ Removable Clip w/Night Scope and M203 Grenade Launcher

This particular part of the series is where Marauder "Gun Runners" shines! The "Modular" M4 Carbine Assault Rifle is nothing short of an engineering marvel for an accessory of this scale. All of the parts fit together snugly and do not fall out even with moderate to rough handling.

Sculpt:

As usual for Marauder "Gun Runners", the sculpts are dead-on to their real world counterparts. Every detail you could ever want or expect is present, and then some. I honestly do not see how these accessories could be sculpted any better than they currently are, but I have confidence that Marauder "Gun Runners" will continue to raise the bar with each release.

Construction:

Like all of Marauder "Gun Runners" past offerings, this series is cast from a sturdy black plastic. These accessories are not resin casts of other companies' offerings. They are professionally produced with the highest quality plastics in an overseas factory.

A great side note to any customizers- the plastic used for these accessories takes paint very well and can be Krazy Glued(tm) without turning white!

Affordability/Availability[/b]:

One of the best things about Marauder "Gun Runners" offerings is that they are very affordable. With money saving sets available, you can equip all of your troops without breaking the bank. Marauder "Gun Runners" wares are available 24 hours a day via their website:

http://www.marauderinc.com/servlet/StoreFront

I proudly give Marauder "Gun Runners" Series 4 the "Spectre Seal Of Approval"!
« Last Edit: August 12, 2007, 08:56 PM by Spectre »
Looking for EXCELLENT 1/18 scale weapons? Check out Marauder, Inc.
www.marauderinc.com/servlet/StoreFront

1 Stop Shopping For all Your Customs Needs:
www.goodtogocustoms.com

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Marauder Inc.
« Reply #76 on: August 12, 2007, 10:50 PM »
I ordered mine last week....The Cobra army cannot wait for some Warsaw Pact (or Former Warsaw Pact, I guess) Squad Automatic Support...

And the modular M4 is going to be fun!! I can see needing more of several.

That is a great 1911 too..

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #77 on: March 20, 2008, 03:14 AM »
I wanted to bump this because Marauder's next series got posted (prototypes) and there's a Blastech DL-44 in there.  Pretty slick looking but I'm curious how it'll look in the hands of a SW figure, which are generally smaller than 1:18 and other 3.75" figures, so the size of a pistol does sort of become important to how it looks in a figure's hands.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 20, 2008, 06:06 PM »
I saw the pics on another site...

I like the Old West Peacemaker and the modular nature of some of the guns.

The "Converted Mauser" looks a little big to begin with, but we will see.

I can't find the pics right now...when I do, I will drop them in.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #79 on: March 20, 2008, 08:52 PM »
I really wish "Marauder John", who's an incredibly nice guy, would work on a Republic Commando "multi-piece" blaster like in the game.  I'd buy a couple dozen of those for my Commandoes since their guns are modular designs.

I'd love to see them give World War 2 some love too.  We need a PPSH now for the Indy Russian figures, and a Nagant too...  Some British and Russian troop helmets and Russian winter hats would rock as well.  Love some Thompson's with removable clips and clip bags, mabye a  nice belt of ammo for MG42 and 34's and stuff.  World War 2 figures leave a lot of open room for Marauder I think...

I guess they were gonna do a collapsable sniper rifle in a briefcase but it didn't pan out.  That would've rocked. :(
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 20, 2008, 09:46 PM »
Doesn't this newest wave have an MG?

I have to agree with your assessment of Marauder John, I met him at the GI Joe convention.  Great guy, real positive and energetic.  Made it fun to be around his booth.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #81 on: March 20, 2008, 09:52 PM »
I believe it might, I forget...  I was thinking though they need an ammo belt for one more than the gun at this point.  Between SW and the military lines, they've done some nice MG's so I'm hoping for a nice belt of rounds for one. :)  I'm tired of the drums of ammo that attach to the side.

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 13, 2008, 08:23 PM »
Does anyone know when the Series #5 of weapons is due out? I've been wanting to place an order for both Star Wars and Indy Figures (Mini-Gun for ARC Troopers, Storm Trooper Rifles, Disruptor Rifle, AKs, Tommy Guns, some stick grenades) but I've been holding off until the MG-34 comes out. I'm really excited about that rifle and would love to load up on them, but I'd rather not place two seperate orders, as cheap as their shipping is. Any help would be much appreciated.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #83 on: June 14, 2008, 01:12 AM »
I'd like to load up on some MG-34's as well, and some other items.  Marauder Inc. takes a little time due to the manufacturing processes I think (they're not cast resin items, they're actual injection molded plastic), so I think it just takes time really. 

I'm anxious to get in a purchase as well though, and like you I'm waiting for a bit due to specific weapons.

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 14, 2008, 09:01 AM »
Marauder will be at Joe Con in Dallas this month, I'm sure he'll have a timeline on his newest items.  I'll also snap some photos if he has new product...after I buy it of course.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #85 on: June 15, 2008, 04:03 PM »
Make sure you mention you're from our place Paul, he may cut you a break?  ???  Who knows...  He's a nice guy and likes to hear the word-of-mouth on his products on forums. 

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 30, 2008, 10:03 PM »
Marauder will be at Joe Con in Dallas this month, I'm sure he'll have a timeline on his newest items.  I'll also snap some photos if he has new product...after I buy it of course.

Hey Paul. I was wondering if you found anything about the next wave of guns. My Storm Troopers are waiting anxiously to get their hands on some MG-34 rifles.

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 1, 2008, 08:13 AM »
Spent some time and Money with John, but he said the next wave is on the way, but still not ready.

We were just about to start talking about the wave after that when some kids came up to his booth and he went into full customer service mode.  It was pretty cool.  Gave the two boys a free comic pack comic and let them have a gun for their joes they had bought at another table.

I got pulled away for something else and didn't make it back.

But I did learn that the "Converted Mauser" has a detachable scope, not sure if that was mentioned before.

Offline Spectre

• Jedi Initiate
  • Spirit Of Wrath
    • View Profile
Marauder Gun-Runners Wave 5 Review!
« Reply #88 on: September 12, 2008, 05:43 PM »
This afternoon the postman brought my long awaited Marauder Gun-Runners Wave 5 Review Set!

Overview

Once again, Marauder Gun-Runners delivers a nice balanced assortment of heavy weapons, asault rifles, pistols and edged weapons. There is something for just about everyone in this wave.

Before breaking the wave down into individual items, I want to reiterate some comments from my previous reviews because the statements are as valid today as when I first wrote them:

Sculpt:

As usual for Marauder "Gun Runners", the sculpts are dead-on to their real world counterparts. Every detail you could ever want or expect is present, and then some. I honestly do not see how these accessories could be sculpted any better than they currently are, but I have confidence that Marauder "Gun Runners" will continue to raise the bar with each release.

Construction:

Like all of Marauder "Gun Runners"' past offerings, this series is cast from a sturdy, rigid black plastic. These accessories are not resin casts of other companies' offerings. They are professionally produced with the highest quality plastics in an overseas factory.

A great side note to any customizers- the plastic used for these accessories takes paint very well and can be Krazy Glued(tm) without turning white!

Affordability/Availability:

One of the best things about Marauder "Gun Runners" offerings is that they are very affordable. With money saving sets available, you can equip all of your troops without breaking the bank. Marauder "Gun Runners"' wares are available 24 hours a day via their website:

http://www.marauderinc.com/servlet/StoreFront

I will now break this wave down by weapon class starting with heavy weapons.

MGL Multi-Shot Grenade Launcher

This accessory is nothing short of astounding! The removable ammo drum is not one solid block of plastic but a multi-part assembly. There is actually open space in the middle visible between each individual tube, I can see why the engineering on this weapon pushed back the release date for the wave and I am happy, with the end results clearly justifying the wait!

MG-34 Machine Gun w/ Bipod

This great WWII German light machine gun is expertly sculpted and can even serve double duty in your collection. Besides being a great period piece it is also the standard Imperial heavy blaster rifle carried by all of the troop classes in a galaxy far, far away (even a certain Wookiee carried one while aboard the Deathstar).

Now we will move on to the modular weapons of this series. Last year, Marauder Gun-Runners blew our collective minds with their first modular weapon, a modern M-4. This year, we get not 1, but 3 fully modular weapons and one weapon that accepts the modular optics kit!

"BASIC" SCAR-H Assault Rifle w/ Clip

This modern assault rifle would look great in the hands of just about any modern military action figure and even has some sci-fi potential as seen below!

Basic SCAR-H with "Modular" Component: R-D Site and "Modular" Component: Chainsaw Attachment

"BASIC" NVR Rifle w/ Clip

This is a modular version of a Marauder Gun-Runners original design that was overwelmingly requested by the fans, showing that our good buddy Marauder John really listens to us!

"BASIC" M14 EBR Rifle w/ Clip

The modern update of a tried and true American rifle, this new modular version of the M14 will find a home in just about everyone's moden military collection.

Top: SCAR-H w/ "Modular" Component: Combat Optic + "Modular" Component: Blade Attachment
Middle: M14 w/ "Modular" Component: High-Power Scope
Bottom: NVR w/ "Modular" Component: A-P Site + "Modular" Component: XM26 Shotgun LSS

Some of the MANY possible configurations you can create by using the various add-on modular accessories! The previously released modular accessories are fully compatible with the new releases for even MORE customizing possibilities!

"BASIC" H&K MP7 Machine Gun w/ Clip

This is the most up-to-date modern submachine gun around! Leaked film set photos even show a certain leather catsuit-wearing bespectacled villianess carrying one of these in next year's live action "G.I. Joe" movie!

This weapon also sports a 1mm port on the top that accepts any of the modular optics add-ons (here shown with the "Modular" Component: A-P Site

Customizers take note!

If you remove the clip and trim off the front grip, it looks JUST like a Merr-Sonn IR5 "Intimidator" (as featured in the "Star Wars" RPG Arms and Equipment Guide"), a weapon usually found in the hands of those in the Hutts' employ so all of your bounty hunters, mercs, and fringers will want one!

Next up we have some fantasticly designed pistols.

"Auto-9" Automatic Pistol

This awsome pistol will serve double duty in everyone's military and sci-fi collections as not only is it a well-respected handgun in the present, but the futuristic cyborg policeman known as "Robocop" used one of these to clean up the mean streets of New Detroit!

USP Match Automatic Pistol

This modern military pistol fits very well in several different action figure lines' holsters so many collectors will find themselves replacing their collections' "stock" sidearms with these beauties! I can also see some sci-fi potential with just a few cosmetic alterations....

Colt 45 Western Revolver Pistol

This period piece might only have niche uses in most peoples' collections, but I have to say that it is a beautiful little revolver. If you have an "old war horse" in your collection, you might want to give him one of these classy pistols to put in his holster.

Now for my FAVORITE piece in this wave:

"Modified" Mauser Pistol

Removable scope!

I don't think I actually have to tell you who carried this beauty in all 3 original films in the "Holy Trilogy" do I? Marauder Gun-Runners went above and beyond with this little beauty, even going so far as to give us a removable side-mounted scope to allow some customization to this iconic weapon!

Last but certainly not least, we have a pair of edged weapons that round out Wave 5!

Ninja Scimitar Sword

This is a Marauder Gun-Runners original design that harkens back to a beloved action figure accessory of yesteryear (although this version is far superior to the "vintage" one in every way posible!). There are also some sci-fi applications to this beauty as well due to it's very fanciful design!

Fighting Knife w/ Sheath

This is a sweet little set as you not only get a beautifully sculpted modern fighting knife, but you get a working sheath with a buckle for attaching to a belt or strap as well!

Once again, Marauder Gun-Runners delivers the goods! I'm really glad I get paid on Monday as I have a big order to place!

I give Wave 5 the "Spectre Seal Of Approval"!

Looking for EXCELLENT 1/18 scale weapons? Check out Marauder, Inc.
www.marauderinc.com/servlet/StoreFront

1 Stop Shopping For all Your Customs Needs:
www.goodtogocustoms.com

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 12, 2008, 08:05 PM »
Thanks for the info on the new weapon set.  I like the Mauser and the new M14.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"