Author Topic: Tedious Customs *UPDATED... AGAIN!*  (Read 7084 times)

Offline In Rem

• Jedi Initiate
  • Objection!
    • View Profile
    • Hobbygeek.com
Re: Tedious Customs *UPDATED... AGAIN!*
« Reply #30 on: November 21, 2005, 10:06 AM »
Absolutely sensational.

I tend to think of Trandoshans as being built like athletes, so long legs work for me. He looks pretty dang menacing (and I think I might lift your recipe...) I also really dig the inclusion of some brighter colors here. *Very* nice work.

The Ithorian is, quite simply, perfect in terms of overall look and execution of soft goods. Combining the cloth inner robe with a beautifully painted outer cloak just makes him pop off the screen. And the paintjob on the skin makes him look very distinct from the Hammerhead we already know. In a perfect world he might have sleeves, but that's me being unfairly picky. Excellent figure.

The astromech looks sharp. I like the color choices a lot. He would make a nice addition to EE's exclusive sets. The only gripe I have - and it's endemic to astromech customs - is that you can usually tell when one's custom painted vs. factory painted.

Very nice work all around! :)

Offline Darth Tedious

• Youngling
  • Who's scruffy lookin'?
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 21, 2005, 12:01 PM »
Thanks InRem for the comments.

That soft goods on th Ithorian is nothing more than a piece of cloth tucked into the plastic cloak that I painted blue, or rather stained blue.  ;)

I plan on doing some sleeves for him too. I'll update when I do.

Thanks again.

BTW, I think I have a solution to make my astromechs look more factory painted, I'll post if it works.

Offline Darth Tedious

• Youngling
  • Who's scruffy lookin'?
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 21, 2005, 06:22 PM »
Okay, I've been resisting the notion that my Trandoshen's legs are too long, but I am going to have to admit that you guys are right.

Thanks for pointing that out because I probably would never have noticed.  :P

I think I can shave some height off his ankles and it might make all the difference.