Author Topic: Clocks & Watches  (Read 3700 times)

Offline Taminar

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Auriette's Website
Clocks & Watches
« on: April 22, 2003, 07:58 PM »
I remember seeing the 3PO/R2 alarm clock in the Sears catalog, I think it was, and wishing I could have it.  This was, of course, back in the old days, late '70s.   Since then, I've managed to collect quite a few Star Wars watches; I have several from Bradley, an elegant one I got at Walt Disney World in about '89 that has a black face with Vader's mask outlined in gold, the cheap Hope Industries ones, a few by Fossil (but not many - I have to wait for a sale at the outlet mall).  I got a few after Ep1 at Sears and JC Penneys, but I can't remember the brand - maybe it was Timex - but they weren't real expensive and they were on clearance, most of 'em.  A couple of years ago KayBee had some very small desk clocks with watch-sized faces, but the one I wanted most of all, Amidala, I never found.  And let's not forget the big plush Jar Jar that tells time when you squeeze one hand and recites phrases when you press the other hand.  

Anyone else collect timepieces?

Auriette
When a lottery ticket worth $320 million ends up in the wrong hands, who wins in the end? Watch "Payoff" -- http://members.cox.net/payoff

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Clocks & Watches
« Reply #1 on: May 1, 2003, 01:29 PM »
While I haven't expanded my Star Wars collection into the world of time keeping (yet), I do still have my nifty old R2-D2/C-3PO watch from way back in 1977/'78.  Wore that thing everywhere way back in the day!  Haven't stuck a new battery in there in over a decade, but it's still a very nostalgic item from my SW childhood that I'm glad I hung on to for all these years...

Still have the long blue and clear plastic case that it came in too, I think.

Offline RJP

• Youngling
  • Hi! I'm Tammy from CA
    • View Profile
    • RJP'S PAGE
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2003, 02:45 PM »
I recently got a hologram watch and one for my son (both Vader). I'd love to find the others - boba, yoda and x-wing. They are really cool.

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #3 on: June 5, 2003, 03:30 PM »
Last year for our 2-year wedding anniversary my wife got me the 25th Anniversary watch from Fossil for $125.  I haven't worn it yet because the band is too big, and I'd have to have a link or two removed from it.  It is one awesome watch, and comes in it's own wood case with a paperweight.

dustrho

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #4 on: June 5, 2003, 03:36 PM »
Woah.  That's pretty cool Chris!  I've surprisingly never even seen one of those...  Where'd she buy it, or where are they available?  Nice and classy looking actually.

I'm still not sure if I would personally have the cojones to wear it in public myself (as evidenced by my former "in the closet" thread), but ya' never know...  I really like it though!   8)

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #5 on: June 5, 2003, 03:47 PM »
Matt, try this link and see if that works for you.  They're still available, and are limited to 2500 pieces worldwide.  It is sweet!  My wife... damn is she an awesome wife!
dustrho

Jango Fettish

« Reply #6 on: June 6, 2003, 09:20 AM »
Figured I'd share this. It's a flip top Jango watch, from the UK, made by the company "Xeon".

« Last Edit: June 6, 2003, 09:21 AM by Jango Fettish »

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #7 on: June 6, 2003, 10:09 AM »
That's cool Cory!  A nice piece to your Jango collection.
dustrho

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 9, 2003, 02:15 PM »
I found just about every Episode I watch that I've ever seen still on the shelves at our local TRU.  I couldn't believe how many were there.  They simply refuse to clear them out.  Strange retail philosophy.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2003, 09:00 PM »
Last year for our 2-year wedding anniversary my wife got me the 25th Anniversary watch from Fossil for $125.

This watch just hit a major sale at Footlocker (via Amazon.com).  It's on sale there for only $59.99!   :o  That's over half off for the mathematically challenged folks out there...  So if you're interested, you better stop by this link real quick.  I'm sure they won't last long!

Now the question is, do I want to get one for myself?  Actually, that's a dumb question - of course I do.  The real question is should I?!  Fighting the urge to splurge on SW yet again...  AAAaaahhh!!!   :-X   :'(

Crap...  She'll kill me if I do...   :-\

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Fossil watch super sale!
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2003, 01:45 AM »
Last year for our 2-year wedding anniversary my wife got me the 25th Anniversary watch from Fossil for $125...  It is one awesome watch, and comes in it's own wood case with a paperweight.

Anyone want one of these for just $30 (about $40 with shipping/handling/tax)?  Footlocker.com's got 'em right here, right NOW!  Great deal at 76% off!  Couldn't find any good online coupons for Footlocker.com right now though...

Chris, you ever get the band shortened on yours?  If so, how's it workin' so far?  Fossil's a top notch watch company, so I'm sure it's a great watch!

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2003, 10:13 PM »
I need to get my band shortened because it is definitely too big on me.

I can't believe that thing is worth only $30!  That's a joke!  Especially since my wife paid the full price for it at a local Fossil store.   >:(  And when did Footlocker carry watches???
dustrho

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2003, 10:23 PM »
I can't believe that thing is worth only $30!  That's a joke!

Nobody said the thing is only "worth" $30.  That's just the blowout sale price that Footlocker had them for.  They sold out within several hours, so obviously the thing is much more popular than $30 worth...  But who the heck cares what the watch is technically "worth".  It's just a cool SW watch to have regardless of what price you happened to pay for it.

That doesn't mean that it sucks to have paid a lot more for it, 'cause it certainly does, but that's just how it goes sometimes.  Lot's of different SW stuff goes on massive clearance sales sometimes, so it's just a matter of really lucky timing and fortunate shopping.  Just try not to worry too much about what was paid for it, and put that bad boy on and enjoy it!  I think the things worth the regular retail price.  It's a great watch!   8)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Watches Talk
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2005, 03:31 AM »
I'm just curious...  I was looking to get a new watch and was wanting something sorta high quality, but now I'm at a dilemma...

I see a neat Vader watch at the SWS.com that's like stainless with black plating on it so it's cool looking and different but it also has a face that glows I guess and things...  It is like $135, a little pricey.  Does anyone own it to give a little opinion on it?

I was thinking that, for the price, I'd almost hate to wear it often for fear of damaging it.  It looks great but I'd only likely wear it from time to time just to take care of it.

So to that end, I recall hearing/seeing something about an "Imperial" focused watch.  It's more basic and like a designer watch (I have a guess watch, and it looks like that sort of), and the plate on the watch just has an Imperial Logo rather than anything in particular or flashy.  It looks like a quality watch but not too flashy is all.  The problem though here is that I don't know where you even buy that "Imperial" logo watch.  Any ideas?

Any help's appreciated...  :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2005, 09:23 AM »
I'm not sure if this is what you are looking for or not Jesse, but I found this watch on Hot Topic.com.  The picture they provide isn't the greatest though: