Author Topic: Monthly Customizing Challenge - Previous Months  (Read 112771 times)

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Monthly Customizing Challenge - Month 4 - DROIDS!
« Reply #465 on: August 24, 2005, 08:42 PM »

Hey SLC - I need to PM you, so get ready for a couple of questions.   ;)

:P

Cool. I have a question for you too.
"This is the way."

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #466 on: August 24, 2005, 09:30 PM »
Yah in repub commando the video game the seps hired trando mercs to attack the persecutor the home of the commandos whille they were on amission.
 the ship dissapeared and when it reapeared the commandos had to infiltrate the ship and stop the trandos from dropping it off to the seps.

then on  kashyyk since trandos already hunt and slave wookies they were eager to join the fight in payment of b droids and some cash and they also got to bash wookies not a bad deal for them.
 heres a link to the enemies in the game with pics of the trandos   http://www.lucasarts.com/games/swrepubliccommando/hud.html
there are also some cool geonosians and droid dispensers in there to  check it out
« Last Edit: August 24, 2005, 09:33 PM by Smartypants1635 »

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
  • The beatings will continue until morale improves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: August 26, 2005, 04:30 PM »
Keep In mind he's not finished, but I figured Id give a WIP of my Bollux.

I still need to make his chestplate, I'd love to have it swing open but I think thats a bit beyond my ability. He still needs some fine tuning, and some paint but He's turning out better than I expected. I managed to retain his articulation which I am quite proud of. Let me know what you think.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: August 26, 2005, 08:37 PM »
Hey guys I'm back from vacation and being unplugged for a week. Boy! You guys made some weird droids this week. I have my Pepsi R2-D2 cooler done now except for the pepsi bottles I'm waiting on. Hopefully they will come next week. If not, I'll post a picture without them attached.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: August 27, 2005, 01:43 AM »
Welcome back Phruby!

Darth Ennis, I really like this new droid of yours, better than the first actually.  So are you doing some sculpting on the legs on this?  I'm looking forward to the final result.

On a side note, I finished my second droid for this month's challenge.  I'll take pics this weekend, and hopefully have another update or two on other stuff as well.

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
« Reply #470 on: August 27, 2005, 11:36 AM »
I thought I had replied about this, but I guess not...
That Bollux is looking very good so far - excellent use of parts.  I can't wait to see the finished version!
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Offline coeli

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: August 27, 2005, 03:03 PM »

Here is another addition to this months challenge! And this one is on time!!
It is inspired by the droids that load Obi-Wans star destroyer before take off for Utupau.
I bought myself a new table top scroll saw that cuts PVC styrene like butter! I used it as a test bed for making this droid, I want to start work on a turbo tank.
"How can I get turned on, I am surrounded by little plastic men!";to quote my wife....

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: August 27, 2005, 04:52 PM »
Coeli, now that is just outstanding.  Before the movie came out I saw these in the Visual Dictionary, and was just blown away with how cool they looked.  Yours looks wonderful, and so out of my league that it's not even funny. 

I saw your other new customs at RS, I think you should open a personal thread here showcasing all of your work.

I can only imagine what you come up with if you start working on a Turbo Tank. 

Anyways, here's my second addition to this month's challenge... I know it doesn't compare to a Binary Loadlifter droid, but oh well... here is a fan fic MS-44 droid, basically a mobile missle launcher droid used in the Clone Wars.

Offline coeli

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: August 27, 2005, 04:56 PM »
Thanks for the comments Chewie!
I really like your addition as well! What parts did you use? It looks like the torso might be from cannon that came with the Saga Geonosis set(Target exclusive)The paint as usual is just astounding! Did you paint it black and then dry brush the silver on?
"How can I get turned on, I am surrounded by little plastic men!";to quote my wife....

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: August 27, 2005, 06:37 PM »
Jurassic Park 3 Alan Grant Triceratopsan restraint parts, I see. Nice Job coeli. I dig that thing, very much.

CHEWIE, thats an awsome droid. How many did you make? 2 or just one, flipped? Awsome drybrushing, I just can't get it as good as you make it. :-[

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: August 27, 2005, 06:46 PM »
Coeli - Yep, you're right where the base body caem from, it was from the SAGA Geonosis accessory set.  The lets were from some sort of Metal Tech Capcom figure I found at Sam Goody.  Here's a pic from the latest photonovel with a couple of them -

Dressel Jr - I've only made one of the missle droids so far.  I'd like to make another if I could find the parts.  Dry-brushing just takes lot of practice.  You'd puke if you knew how many hours I've spent painting figures over the past decade.   ;)

Basically all I did was use a little glue to put the parts together, and add in the missles, then I spray painted it flat black.  Then I added in dry brushing with tan silver, added in the little red "eyes" and sealed it with matte acrylic spray.

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: August 27, 2005, 08:01 PM »

Work in progress shot.

Kevin

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: August 27, 2005, 10:12 PM »
This is my work in progress Pepsi R2-D2 cooler. I'm waiting on the pepsi bottles to put in the head. Otherwise, he is pretty much done. If you look really closely at the real thing, it says Star Wars Episode III Revenge of the Sith right below the head. Both that and the Pepsi logo are scanned in from the original Pepsi cooler.

This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
« Reply #478 on: August 28, 2005, 11:55 AM »
Wow, lots of great submissions since I last checked!

Coeli - AMAZING!  That driod is very creative - did you make it from scratch?  Does it have any articulation?  It looks perfect behind the clones!  What about adding a republic/empire logo somewhere on it? 

CHEWIE - Great Work!  The paint job is incredible, it looks very realistic.  How about adding a machine gun on the top of his head?  Some sort of small-arms backup weapon system or something... ;)

Dressel Jr. - Cool concept, is that a MicroMachines' TIE Fighter wing?  Very interesting  ;D  The paintjob looks good too, as you said, the pics are a bit blurry, but from what I can tell, you did some great drybrushing on him.

Master_Phruby - Awesome Pepsi Astromech!  What did you make the dome out of?
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: August 28, 2005, 12:09 PM »
Gregorbian, let me see what I can do about a better photo...It occoured to me that I didn't have the flash on for any of those pics.

UPDATE:

here ya go:

Kevin
« Last Edit: August 28, 2005, 12:47 PM by Dressel Jr. »