Author Topic: darth_ripley's customs - UPDATE Roron Corobb Version 2 7/8/06!  (Read 26252 times)

Offline Glassman6

• Jedi Padawan
  • Hey...Its Me!
    • View Profile
    • Glassman's Customs
Re: darth_ripley's customs - UPDATE Last 2 Bust-ups 2/23/06!
« Reply #45 on: February 23, 2006, 07:43 PM »
Beautiful Work Rip,  I really love the weathering.
Fordo is great, but i love appo!

Offline darth_ripley

• Jedi Initiate
  • i'm the monster's mother...
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 24, 2006, 07:30 PM »
Thanks for the comments Chewie & Glassman  :)

as far as Appo goes, i did weather him a little more than i had originally planned, but then i got to thinking of him as a real badass commander really exterminating Jedi along with Vader and next thing i knew he turned out real dirty lol! i'll give his suspenders a little grime too, thanks for the suggestion  8)

Offline hemble

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ron's military models and custom figures
« Reply #47 on: February 25, 2006, 07:13 PM »
Hi D_R

You have done some extremely well excuted Busts the weathering and paint apps are amzing look forward to seeing more.

Ron

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #48 on: February 25, 2006, 10:04 PM »
I'm not very big on bust ups, but these are superb, especially the Appo and Fordo, I'd swear they were life size, by how well you've painted these the details are flawless.

Offline darth_ripley

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 20, 2006, 11:01 PM »
well since remodeling the upstairs bathroom & attempting to organize my star wars room has consumed most of my life i only have a little time for customs right now. however, i have a small update tonite.

i did this Roron Corobb real world version for a friend and just got it done. the body isn't the greatest, but it was all i had at the time. the torso & arms is a AOTC Obi-wan pilot, the rest is sculpey & POTF2 Hammerhead. i completely repainted Hammerhead's skin, he had that dead E.T. skin look going on which wasn't working too well. my husband dremeled out the arms and added Hammerhead's in. I didn't really do "weathering" per se on this figure, it was more just a series of washes. the figure may look shiny in spots, but that's just my camera flash flare...its been dull-coted. i'm working on a version 2 for myself with a better torso....just got the pants sculpted so it'll be awhile before i get him painted. as always, thoughts & comments welcome & enjoy! :)

Offline Lestat

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Re: darth_ripley's customs - UPDATE Roron Corobb 3/20/06!
« Reply #50 on: March 20, 2006, 11:17 PM »
Wow that is so weird. I was going to do that same character with the exact same recipe. At least now I know what he looks like done right! Very very cool custom.

Offline Alpha_17

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 20, 2006, 11:33 PM »
Wow! This is a very nice custom. I especially like the detailling on the eyes.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 21, 2006, 12:01 AM »
Keri!!!  Great custom and I always enjoy your updates.

I really like the parts used, and this is one of those rare cases where I think it could pass for movie style or animated style (because of the eyes).  Great work here, and I like the legs a lot.

:P

Offline Fritzkrieg

• Jedi Padawan
  • Don't make me destroy you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 21, 2006, 12:21 AM »
Great Job!

The Eyes are Amazing! Thats what really Sells this Custom as an Animated Figure.

Keep Up the Great Work
Fritzkrieg

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 21, 2006, 12:27 AM »
I really dig the Roron custom alot. As mentioned in a couple of posts the eyes sell it as a figure from the animated series. Good job!
I remember my dream now.

Offline Glassman6

• Jedi Padawan
  • Hey...Its Me!
    • View Profile
    • Glassman's Customs
« Reply #55 on: March 22, 2006, 03:28 PM »
Rip, RC looks fantastic.
I really love how the eyes pop out at you. He really comes alive, like he's looking at you for real!
If i ever do a live version, i'll have to steal your recipe. Great work!

Offline Clone Commander

• Jedi Padawan
  • I ate my Lama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 22, 2006, 05:40 PM »
Nice attention to the pant legs.
The eyes look well done but a bit cartoonish, very nice figure very nice!  ;D
Clone Commander Appo.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 22, 2006, 06:00 PM »
I love those eyes. That vintage head never looked so good. A nice solid figure.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline darth_ripley

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 23, 2006, 12:36 AM »
Thanks for the nice words everyone! Glad that you all like him & thanks for the compliments on the pants & eyes, those were the hardest things to do.

i have a small teaser photo for my next update  8)

i'll post the rest of the pics in a couple of days...i'm gonna go get some much needed sleep now.

Offline darth_ripley

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 24, 2006, 12:28 AM »
So...here's another new update  :)

i have been working on this for quite awhile off & on, but i think i am finally at a point where i can stop now & be done with him.

i wanted to do a ROTS Obi-Wan 1/6th scale, but from the Mustafar duel with Anakin, b/c I do have a 1/6th Mustafar Anakin planned. This is going to be my very own 'Order of the Jedi' 1/6th line.

The Obi-Wan body is a Hot Toys Polar Mountain Striker. The body is super posable like a Dragon body. One of the major gripes I have with Hot Toys bodies is the flesh of the hands don't match the face or body worth a damn. Other than that, they are just as nice or nicer than Dragon bodies. I love the head sculpt, its a perfect Ewan McGregor look-alike. The hair was originally a loud blonde, and I repainted to look more like the movie, with only small touches of grey. I also repainted the head to be a more accurate flesh tone. The clothes were from the AOTC Hasbro Obi-Wan but were dyed and then weathered with fabric paint to recreate the lava burns on his robes and pants. The belt is part Hasbro on top of a real leather base with the food pellets painted accurately. The boots were also Hasbro AOTC Obi-Wan but heavily modified by my husband so they would be movie accurate. i wanted to use leather on them, but they would have been too bulky & silly looking. The Lightsaber in the photo close-up above was from the Obi-Wan ANH but again heavily modified to be slimmer in the hand and the gold & copper part is metal, along with the belt clip. The blade doesn't light up and that's cool with me for now.

i'm including a screenshot that i was going by at the top, it was the best lighted view of Obi-Wan's robes, b/c on Mustafar everything was red & very hard to make out the extent of the weathering.

the pictures aren't the greatest...i'm still trying to work out lighting and stuff, but it gives you some idea of the work my husband & i did on it. as always enjoy & comments are always welcome :)