Author Topic: darth_ripley's customs - UPDATE Roron Corobb Version 2 7/8/06!  (Read 26143 times)

Offline In Rem

• Jedi Initiate
  • Objection!
    • View Profile
    • Hobbygeek.com
Re: darth_ripley's customs - UPDATE 1/6th Obi-Wan Mustafar 3/23/06!
« Reply #60 on: March 24, 2006, 01:05 AM »
That is awesome! The detail is so life-like, and the ash burns on his tunic look to-scale.

I see what you mean about the hands... will acrylics stick to the hands? You did such a great job on the face, I'm sure you could match the hands. Minor quibble, though. This is a great, great piece.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2006, 10:19 AM by In Rem »

Offline Clone Commander

• Jedi Padawan
  • I ate my Lama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 24, 2006, 07:06 AM »
 :o Wow!
Awesome obi-wan, I love the detail of the lightsaber and the robes.
Perfect figure!
Clone Commander Appo.

Offline darth_ripley

• Jedi Initiate
  • i'm the monster's mother...
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 24, 2006, 10:16 AM »
Thanks for the nice words In Rem. I agree with you on the hands...that is one big problem with the Hot Toys bodies is the flesh colors are mis-matched badly....the head, body, hands & feet are all different shades of flesh from pale white to tan.  The way the hands are jointed at the wrist, I can only try to get another set of Hot Toys hands and see if they match any better. I tried some Dragon hands on another Hot Toys body (which also didn't match) and they simply look too small and even worse (if that's possible)

Thanks Clone Commander!  :)

Offline Glassman6

• Jedi Padawan
  • Hey...Its Me!
    • View Profile
    • Glassman's Customs
« Reply #63 on: March 24, 2006, 03:41 PM »
Great work Rip, I see what you mean about the hands.

I had the same problem with a 12" fig i made.
The paint job on the head is amazing.

The battle damage is very nice. I cant tell if that is paint or you actually frayed the fabric.
That might be something to look into if its just paint. Great work

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
  • The beatings will continue until morale improves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 24, 2006, 03:58 PM »
Well, as Ive said before, its great to see 1/6 scale customs. They are truly a lost art. This is possibly the most beautiful Obi-Wan I have ever seen. Im not saying this to kiss up either. ;) In my opinion this one looks better than the Sideshow release. :o  The details match up to the picture perfectly. Excellent job.

Offline darth_ripley

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 25, 2006, 01:00 PM »
In Rem - I wish i could paint the hands, but they are like this "bendy" material & i don't think the paint would stick to it unfortunately.  :-[

Glassman - Thanks a bunch, I always appreciate your comments! The lava "burns" are just paint b/c I am afraid the material on the robes may be too "thin" to burn and get an accurate look.

Darth Ennis - Thanks for the sincere comments, it's greatly appreciated, that's the main reason I post just about all my customs here and not in other places.

I did however post this on another forum with a P.S. at the bottom that Obi-Wan would not be for sale on Ebay....it gets on my nerves how some folks "advertise" their 12" stuff before it's listed.   :(

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 25, 2006, 04:13 PM »
Ripley - wow that is a great looking figure.  With a 12" custom, you can't cover-up any mistakes.  The face painting is fantastic.  I think the accents in the hair/beard are my favorite.  I wonder if you sprayed primer on the hands if they would "take" the paint.  It may be worth a shot if you've got an extra set of hands.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 25, 2006, 07:37 PM »
Wow Keri, if I collected 12" figures I'd be copying this for sure.  Very lifelike custom here.  I really am impressed with the level of detail and the weathering is perfect.

:P

Offline darth_ripley

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 9, 2006, 12:25 AM »
no, i haven't dropped off the map, even though it has kind of felt like that  :'(

anyhoo, i finally have a small update to add and with any luck i will be able to start customizing again and get some half-started projects completed (some of which are clones for which i am apologizing in advance)  :-[

i did a Roron Corobb before for a friend, but i wasn't entirely pleased with it so i went on and did a second version for myself which i think is a nice improvement. i again went with the Clone Wars cartoon style, even though it is a bit of a real world/cartoon mix. i used the ROTS Kit Fisto torso and joe (my hubby) did an outstanding job on sculpting the pants and posing the arms/hands with embedded wire. i got the paint scheme more accurate this time around as well.
please enjoy...any & all comments are welcome :)

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
  • Kneel...kneel before Wobb!
    • View Profile
Re: darth_ripley's customs - UPDATE Roron Corobb Version 2 7/8/06!
« Reply #69 on: July 9, 2006, 04:04 PM »
He's wearing bellbottoms!  ;D

Seriously, this is a great custom figure, Ripley. The blending of parts and sculpting look great, and the eyes really capture that cartoon feel. We don't see enough customs from you 'round these parts, so an update is always welcome...especially when it's as cool as this.

-DD
Back from the dead!!!

Offline IncomT65

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 9, 2006, 04:20 PM »
Bellbottoms.... groovy, man. Just as the rest of your Roron version. You really captured the cartoon look from Clone Wars. And his eyes are very beautiful  :o.

Offline Glassman6

• Jedi Padawan
  • Hey...Its Me!
    • View Profile
    • Glassman's Customs
« Reply #71 on: July 9, 2006, 07:32 PM »
Wow, you two did a great job on this version.
Did he sculpt the fingers too?  Awsome work.

Love how you painted the eyes. Very nice work rip.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 9, 2006, 07:59 PM »
Keri that's AWESOME.  I like how *alive* the eyes seem.  Seems like this figure is how the animated figures should look in my opinion, with a bit more of a real world touch.

Overall one of the coolest customs I've seen lately.  Great work!

:)

Offline darth_ripley

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 9, 2006, 11:38 PM »
thanks for the kind words everyone!

DD - he is sporting some jazzy bellbottoms isn't he? i didn't really think about it until now lol! btw - did you get my PM DD?

Glassman - joe put a thin paper clip wire inside the arm & hand to be able to pose it so it looks like Roron is using the force. it's a neat little trick that works well.

thanks Chewie & IncomT65! your words mean a lot to me Chewie. :)

i hope to complete some half-finished/half-started stuff on my desk within a month or two or three.  :'(
i still have the beginnings of the ROTS Concept battle hardened Ki-Adi & Plo Koon, a Galactic Marine, Parjai Trooper and a bantha5 Cody...like i said, sorry for more Clones.  :-[
i hope to also have more Clone Wars cartoon characters planned as well, in the same vein as Roron.
i also have a couple of 12" characters started too...my own Order of the Jedi line.

so...stay tuned and i'll do my best to finish some of these guys up!  :)

Offline findswoman

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • The Findswoman Collection
« Reply #74 on: July 15, 2006, 01:13 AM »
Very, very nice new customs, Ripley!  (Well, new to me, since I"ve been out of the loop.  ;) )  LOVE that Obi-Wan -- you really struck gold with that head, it looks just like Ewan MacGregor.  And the saber detail is just superb -- it's little things like that that make a custom extra special.  As Darth Ennis points out, it's always great to see well-done 1:6 customs. 

Roronn Corobb is really adorable, too.  He came out very clean and professional-looking. 

Your current drawing board projects sound excellent too -- can't wait to see the finished products.  I always enjoy your work quite a bit!  :)

... the Findswoman