Author Topic: SAGA price hike?  (Read 11290 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: SAGA price hike?
« Reply #30 on: December 27, 2005, 12:49 PM »
Just email any pics to me - I'll be happy to help you!

:P

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 28, 2005, 11:07 AM »
$6.99 at Target? I wonder how long that will last?
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #32 on: December 28, 2005, 11:31 AM »
$6.99 at Target? I wonder how long that will last?

Probably only until Corporate gets the memo that Wal-Mart is charging $5.88 for the figures.

Back during the OTC release, Target started at $5.99, but dropped to $5.44 after about a month to compete with Wal-Mart (which was charging $5.24 at the time).

I give Target a month at $6.99 (max), then I foresee a price drop in January.   ;)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

SilverZ

« Reply #33 on: December 28, 2005, 04:01 PM »
I paid that $6.99 at Target last night, and boy, did it hurt. You can order a case online for less than that. Hopefully it hits 5.99 or less once the aisle resets are complete.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 29, 2005, 10:46 AM »
the time).

I give Target a month at $6.99 (max), then I foresee a price drop in January.   ;)

I hope so. I can hit two Targets easily on the way home from dropping my daughter off at school. It takes up almost no time and no extra gas. If I want to hit WM, it takes a little effort.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Bobafett77

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 29, 2005, 02:17 PM »
Picked up a couple figs from Target. Although I don't like it, I wasn't surprised to see the $6.99 price tag. This seems to be the norm for them. They start off high then come back down when they see Walmart is selling them for less. Just keep your receipts, like Jeff said, I give it a month. However, if they don't lower their price Walmart will be seeing most of my money. That extra $1.11 per fig adds up quick!
« Last Edit: December 29, 2005, 02:21 PM by Bobafett77 »

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 1, 2006, 05:15 PM »
Until Target lowers their prices (and maybe sells Christmas trees instead of Holiday trees), I'm boycotting them - and TRU.  $6.99 is pathetic.  I'll get my figures from Walmart like usual, and order online. 

:P 

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 3, 2006, 03:54 AM »
I'd been holding out for Walmart to get these in - but every time I go they have absoutely NOTHING.  I found one Bib at a Walmart but the Hologram was ripped out of it.

So today I bit the bullet and just bought them all at Target.

Along with 4 more Utapau Shadow Troopers at $6.48 each. :)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #38 on: January 3, 2006, 05:05 AM »
Great Shadow Troop price man, wow.

I wish I could get a couple more.  I haven't even managed a team of those yet but I missed out on any clearance around here.  They sold actually for the most part, and even the Lava figure of Anakin sold out before clearancing.  I do think these clearances on shadow troops is a good sign that maybe Target's gonna either rethink the pricing or just give up on some of these ideas.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 3, 2006, 10:35 AM »
Although they don't have any figures actually on those pegs, but I did see the $6.99 pricepoint at Target as well, and I hope that doesn't stick around.  A $5.99 price would be better (heck, the ROTS $4.99 price would be best), and maybe we'll see them settle in there to compete with Wal-Mart.  I can handle paying the extra buck a figure this year if the overall amount of product goes down a little.