Author Topic: ROTS Figure Sales (or price hikes)!  (Read 32658 times)

Offline rishakra

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: ROTS Figure Sales (or price hikes)!
« Reply #120 on: November 23, 2005, 07:50 AM »
Is "Black Friday" a good day to find figures?  ???  All the moms and grandmas are freaking out and buying stupid stuff so I hate to associate but if there are good SW pickins to be had I might tought it out...  Even if it's just for the sales on some army builders.

Offline TheBlackDog65

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: November 23, 2005, 08:01 AM »
For me, going out on Friday morning is NOT worth it. You may find figures if your at Target or Walmart at opening, but you need to realize that most people are off that day so your competition goes way up also. I've never seen a sale on Star Wars because they don't need one to get the product to move right now as the figures are priced low. Again, I like the comfort of my bed at 4:00am on that Friday, not standing in some cold line . . . .
"For too long gentleness has been equated with weakness.  Yet it takes more strength to be gentle than to be mean."

John Keeshan

Wants: Saga Wave 3

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama! So what?!?
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I work on Antarctic bugs!!!
« Reply #122 on: November 23, 2005, 07:02 PM »
I usually go out on Black Friday to buy electronics but never Star Wars.  Although 4 years ago I got the TRU exclusive 12" Dewback w/sandtrooper for 19.99 (it retailed for 79.99), they also had $2 figures I think that same year.  But other than that, I've never gotten any SW stuff on black friday.  This year I'm going for a plasma TV but no figs.  The Lego Falcon for 50 is not bad, I paid that for the original one on clearance at Target. 
You are never alone when there's a clone.

"Feel don't think"...and she slapped me right after I said it too.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: November 23, 2005, 08:59 PM »
All the TRU stores have marked down their figures to $4.99 in my area as of yesteday.

:P

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: December 2, 2005, 02:24 PM »
I'm nervously anticipating a major ROTS clearance at Target... I think they will be first major retailer to clearance the stuff.  One Target in my area has barely nothing but AT-RT Drivers and #41 Clones - about 30 of each.  And a few Vaders and pilot Obi Wans.  Hoping to walk in there one day and BAM! $2.48 figures...

:P

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #125 on: December 2, 2005, 04:02 PM »
Me, too.   :)  My Target still has plenty of Obi Pilot, AT RT Driver, Neimodian(s), Polis Massan, Mas Amedda, Mon Mothma, Bail, #14 Palpatine, #35 Palpatine... I plan on cleaning house.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: December 2, 2005, 04:20 PM »
I kind of expecting Target to be one of the first to do big clearances as well.  They are usually pretty good about clearing things out, and you can often find some nice deals there...on action figures or other things as well.  I noticed at our Target the other day, that the basic figure area for SW has been trimmed down quite a bit, just tucked in at the end of the aisle.  The overall SW section is still nearly half of an aisle, but its filled with Collectors Cases, Micro, Force Battlers, Jedi Force, Galactic Heroes, Exclusive figures, Deluxe Figures, cups, lightsabers/role play, etc.  The actual figure area has decreased significantly, and I went in thinking about picking up a Vader/Chewie/Clonetrooper for our nephews if they had them, the mass of them has since sold out.  Nothing but Polis, Mas, and Neimodians if I remember correctly.  Hope to check again today.

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: December 2, 2005, 04:36 PM »
This Target sale speculation makes me want to go stash something....

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #128 on: December 6, 2005, 12:17 PM »
http://www.rebelscum.com/story/front/Star_Wars_Sunday_Sales_96113.asp

Big Lots, TRU, and Kmart. K-mart has all SW toys Buy-One-Get-One-50%-Off.
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #129 on: December 6, 2005, 08:40 PM »
My Target stores are really becoming devoid of figures all together so a sale isn't all that great for me right now.  Even Neimoidians are drying up to an extent at some stores, for some reason.  I would like another TIE Fighter if it was cheap and maybe some Stass's with bikes for the bikes...  That's about it from Target though.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama! So what?!?
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I work on Antarctic bugs!!!
« Reply #130 on: December 6, 2005, 09:56 PM »
True.  Three of the five Targets within 10 miles of me have 6 or less figures and have had the same ones for almost a month.  The other two recently restocked with the newest wave.

I fear the other Targets are getting ready for the new collection and when xmas arrives there will be tons of the Crapkon pit wave.

You are never alone when there's a clone.

"Feel don't think"...and she slapped me right after I said it too.

Offline Xander

• Jedi Initiate
  • She-mantis, Ampata, Anya…a true demon magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: December 7, 2005, 07:53 AM »
Targets for me will be a bonanza if the clearances start soon. Dozens of types figures are available. There's this glut of clones too. I would never have imagined it. I can see some being sold in the next couple of weeks, but it would be nice to get some good prices on these and other figures I've passed on.