Author Topic: Finally......The End  (Read 9493 times)

Offline SpudTrooper

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: Finally......The End
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2005, 01:54 AM »
IM DONE as well for Basic stuff. now gonna be VERY selective for the Saga waves  ::)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2005, 02:14 AM »
I still don't have the Tact. Ops Trooper, the Holo Figures, and the Wookiee Gunner(s) I want.

Found R4 though so that's a start, but man I need those others...  This is frustrating.  Barely anything is showing up at retail thanks to the massive glut of Darth Vader figures every Wal-Mart store has...  Short of the Neimoidian situation, Vader's really just an anchor on the pegs and has been so since Hasbro decided HE would be better to ship in solid cases than a case of all the various Clones and their variants.

Nice move guys, real smooth...
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2005, 06:47 AM »
I'm far from finished...I've only seen signs of the last 12 once here in the NYC metro area.  I'm sure they will show, but it will be a while. Overall, I think that this was the best movie specific line ever.  The articulation and sculpts were good, the character selection interesting, and the price was right.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline DarthAcroyear

• Jedi Initiate
  • TI - 568, D. Acroyear, Callsign "Spartan"
    • View Profile
    • Acro's Lair
« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2005, 12:00 AM »
With the exception of the Covert Ops exclusive, I've been done with all the ones I want for almost a month now. All I'm buying at the moment are Clones for my small, but growing, army.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2005, 03:58 PM by DarthAcroyear »
TI-568, D. Acroyear, Callsign "Spartan"
Bloodfin Garrison,
Omega Wing Squadron

"I aim to misbehave."

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2005, 02:06 AM »
I picked up some 501st Clones, R4-P17 and the Wookie Gunner yesterday. Since I'm not interested in getting every figure in the ROTS line, I feel I'm now all caught up and done with the line. I think overall it was a good line, a nice variety of figures, some difficult to find but eventually they showed up which allowed for the hunt to continue but not be overly crazy. Onto the 2006 TSC line, which should be less hectic since it's going to have a lot of rehashs I will have no interest in.
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2005, 04:04 AM »
I haven't seen the new grey Clone Evo sets yet, but that's really all I'm missing at this point.  I don't think the Twins count, since they're in TSC packaging, aren't they?

I do need one more R4-P17 though, and would like one more Shocktrooper and 501st too, since I only have two of each (never saw either of them at retail).  In fact, there's been a bunch of figures I haven't seen at retail, but Anthony and Jon have been helping me out quite a bit in keeping me up to speed on things, thank God.

The only thing Im missing is a Deluxe Green Vulture Droid. Then I'll be caught up.

This is another item that I've never seen at retail, so good luck with it Robb!  John (Spudtrooper) was able to snag me one from Frank and Sons for retail cost, so you may want to check with him, or scope that show out and see if you have any luck...

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2005, 02:43 AM »
I still don't have the final 5, plus a number of pegwarmers I'm waiting to go on clearance (Mon Mothma, etc.) but beyond that, I'm pretty set.  I found the twins and Tarkin, who was the last real big headache for me, so I'm cool.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2005, 09:24 AM »
I'm pretty much caught up and done with the ROTS line I think, after this weekend.  I lucked out and found 1 Tact. Ops Trooper and a R4-P17 at Wal-Mart on "Black Friday".  I was there looking for the Twins sets (they didn't have them), but found remnants of the last five instead.  I was happy to find them.  I'd like to get at least one more of the Tact. Ops eventually, and I'd pick up the Wookiee Gunner if I saw it at retail.  Otherwise, I think I'm caught up at this point, aside from the Twins Sets, which would probably be more of a "Saga Collection" item due to the packaging.  Hope to find those soon though.  It has been a great year of collecting, even if it has been a little overwhelming.  I'm happy to be wrapping up the ROTS line, one of the better lines we've seen overall I think.  Definitely looking forward to some OT goodness in late 2005/2006 now though, and hoping the Saga Collection line will be a great one.

Offline xenabard

• Youngling
  • Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2005, 11:47 AM »
I am pretty much done.  I finally found an R4-P17 so that did it for me.

There was a lot to this line, but I will be both sad and relieved it's over!  Of course this was the hurrah.   So I think over all it was worth it.

Next year, I am only picking up a few things here and there.  Like the new Leia.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2005, 07:44 PM »
I too am finally "done" for the most part...  Black Friday caught me up basically.

I still need: 

-Multiple Wookiee Heavy Gunners.  I only have the variation so I'm looking for my openers and extras.

-2nd Tact. Ops Trooper (I'd like 2 and consider more if I just lucked into finding a pile one day).

-Clone Evolution Sets (have the greys on order, but I'd buy extra of the 1st and 2nd sets if I saw them readily available at retail).

-Lava Anakin...  I didn't pick him up and now he's drying up around Pittsburgh so I'll likely have to track one down either via a local buddy or *gulp* online.  Anyone have an extra they wanna sell?  :P

-I didn't get many of the 4/2 release figures.  While not abundant at retail I'm 100% sure I will get them for less than retail on the secondary market.  These are the figures I'll see in bins loose at the local Toy Show probably next weekend for $2 - $3 a piece.  Save me some $ on figures I find subpar anyway.  Mustafar Duel Anakin/Obi-Wan for instance, etc.

And that's really it for me...

I'm gonna maybe fill out my Clone Pilots and AT-RT Drivers too over the holidays...  Neimoidians I have my eye on for a clearance here soon I hope as well, I think they make great trooper builders (both decoes).  I'd also take more #6 Shocktroopers and Black Pilots.  Most all of that stuff listed is my army building habit though, except Lava Anakin who I hate to say it but I'm kinda desperate for now.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2005, 07:48 PM »
Man, I've been done for a while and quite pleased about it too. I was just saying that I've been glad to be done with the endless hunting, but now I hear about updated Gree and Bly repaints. >:( Bah! Now I have to go looking for another stinking Bly because he's supposed to be more movie accurate. Gree doesn't sound like there's much difference, so I might pass. But, once again, it seems I have at least one more ROTS fig to find....

Ah, thank God. Got the Twins today, and the last of the BK. All I need is the new Bly.

...and $20 says as soon as find him, TSC will hit!

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2005, 09:41 AM »
Finally found a Tarkin last night along with the Twins.  Now I'm done with ROTS.  I won't be buying much next year from what we have seen so far.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #27 on: December 1, 2005, 08:52 PM »
I just got word I'm getting the twins for X-Mas. :)  Yay!  I was actually planning on looking for these next week when I started my X-Mas shopping.  Thankfully now I don't have to think about it at all.  Sucks knowing what you're getting for X-Mas though.

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 1, 2005, 08:56 PM »
Man, I've been done for a while and quite pleased about it too. I was just saying that I've been glad to be done with the endless hunting, but now I hear about updated Gree and Bly repaints. >:( Bah! Now I have to go looking for another stinking Bly because he's supposed to be more movie accurate. Gree doesn't sound like there's much difference, so I might pass. But, once again, it seems I have at least one more ROTS fig to find....

Ah, thank God. Got the Twins today, and the last of the BK. All I need is the new Bly.

...and $20 says as soon as find him, TSC will hit!

Well, that's that. Got Bly today. No more 2005 figures to hunt.

THE END