Author Topic: Group Project #IX - Tonnika Sisters  (Read 33609 times)

Offline Glassman6

• Jedi Padawan
  • Hey...Its Me!
    • View Profile
    • Glassman's Customs
Re: Group Project #IX - Tonnika Sisters
« Reply #75 on: January 3, 2006, 01:13 PM »
Better late than never, right?  Happy New Year!!

Well,  I'm back in the office and can post again...You never realize how much you take for granted the little
things, like internet. I couldnt do anything at home...

Anyway here are my Sisters.  I have 2 versions. One with the scupt shown above, and a re-do.
I finshed saturday morning, but my wife made a comment that made me go back and redo the heads.

I went back for 2 different heads, since i had time. If i would have posted them saturday, i would have walked away from them, but with extra time, i fiddled with em.

Here is the first version.

Here are the cast, before painting.

Here are the painted figures.

I ended up haveing to take alot more out of the shins which is evident in the blue one's right leg.

Here  are the figs with the redone heads. I took casts of the head i made, and added the face cast of shak ti and sly moore. This gave me two distinct faces and a short face and a long face. ( like the reference of the Sisters)

After painting.

The Comparison.

I started a card for them, but again, without internet, i couldnt get the font i needed to finish them at home.
So i'll get that pic up soon.

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
  • The beatings will continue until morale improves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 3, 2006, 02:25 PM »
Excellent work Glassman. But your work always is. :P As for myself, Ive got them painted, but Im having a bit of difficulty with the hair. Its not as easy as it sounds. But so far theyre looking very good. I was able to finally look at some color pics, and realised my colors are a little off so Ive made a note to fix that as soon as I get home.

Offline darth_ripley

• Jedi Initiate
  • i'm the monster's mother...
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 3, 2006, 02:25 PM »
Glassman, that's an amazing improvement on the heads with the second set. They look more like sisters rather than twins as they did in the first set of heads.

I'm really blown away with how great the sculpted hair looks, it really makes them pop imo.
can't wait to see them carded, that will be a real treat!

Offline Glassman6

• Jedi Padawan
  • Hey...Its Me!
    • View Profile
    • Glassman's Customs
« Reply #78 on: January 3, 2006, 04:30 PM »
Thanks Darth E, Looking forward to seeing youre submission.

Thanks Rip, I think the hair turned out well myself. Its the only part I
like about them really. While i love the ayy vida sculpt, its too shapely for the
sisters. 

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 4, 2006, 09:45 AM »
Amazing work on these Greg! All four head sculpts are some of your best work. I like the idea of grafting on the other figures faces. It makes them look more like sisters than twins. I think I would swap the heads on the blue version. The second version of blue seems too fat to me for the body. I think the first version would work better. I can see what you mean about Aay body being too shapely. It's almost too nude for these girls. I like how you got the belts to droop like that. That is something I tried to do on mine but was unsuccessful. There is a thread over at FFURG you should add these to. Great job!
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 4, 2006, 12:17 PM »
Glassman, these are very impressive.  Your sculpting abilities never cease to amaze me, you are at a level I could only dream of reaching.

I can't believe how awesome the bodies look, and you did a great job painting them.  They look like official Habro mockups.

The only thing I don't like is the faces.  Sorry, they just seem a little ugly to me.  They are great sculpts, but they just make the women look unattractive to me.  Don't get me wrong, I could never come close to sculpting anything nearly that nice.  I just think maybe some sort of Padme or Leia heads might look a little sexier.  But that's just my opinion.  It had to be a pain to sculpt the heads, especially the hair.

Excellent work, it's unreal that you made two sets of heads, but the bodies to me are just flat out spectacular.

:P

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 4, 2006, 12:18 PM »
Well, as promised here are my submissions. I finally got the hair to some semblence of what I wanted. They could be a lot better in my opinion, but I'm never really satasfied with my own work. :-[ :P
Let me know what you guys think.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 4, 2006, 12:35 PM »
Ennis, I think they look great, and the hair turned out really well.  They will look great in a cantina diorama I would think.

So what parts did you use?

Offline Glassman6

• Jedi Padawan
  • Hey...Its Me!
    • View Profile
    • Glassman's Customs
« Reply #83 on: January 4, 2006, 01:41 PM »
Darth E, They truned out very nice. I like the hair on the Green one better, looks more tightly wraped.
The paint aps look very clean.

Thanks Phruby, its funny you noticed that detail with the belt.  I was particular about acheiving that.
It just stood out to me in the reference pic, so i made sure i did it.

Thanks for the critique chewie, the faces have always been ugly. The comment my wife made was that they looked like
a man. Too broad and not steamline enough for a womans face. So when i slpiced the new faces i though that would fix it, but sly's face is rough with alot of character...too much. Shaks is too broad. But i did learn a quick way of getting heads made. I was looking at a couple different heads last night... I may revise them again..?
I had origianlly chose pilot padme as my head of choice, but i wanted them to look different, so i chose other heads.

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 4, 2006, 02:05 PM »
Sorry Chewie, I was on a time limit when I posted them so I never got to give the recipe.  :-[ The bodies are both ROTS Luminaras, the head on the green one is a misc Padme that I had lying around, and the blue one is a slave Leia hollowed out.I sanded down the blue ones torso to make her shorter, but you really cant tell from the pic. Im still a lousy shot with my camera, but I hope to get better. ;D

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 4, 2006, 02:09 PM »
Great job Darth_Ennis. The hair came out great. It isn't as easy as one might think. I think the hair on the green one turned out better than the blue one. The paint job is well done. I'd suggest reducing the length of the necks. They are way too long.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 4, 2006, 02:11 PM »
Ennis, thanks for the recipe.  That was a great use of parts.  I agree that the necks are a bit long.

Glassman, I didn't mean that as a bad thing, just a thought on them.  My wife is usually my hardest critic, when she sees one she often says "Why didn't you do this or why didn't you do that - or my favorite - Didn't they already make that figure?"  ;)

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 4, 2006, 02:22 PM »
Actually, Inm kind of embarrassed about that, I didnt realise it until you pointed it out. but the heads kinda came loose when I was taking the pic. They're actually supposed to be pushed down a little more than that. :-[

Offline Glassman6

• Jedi Padawan
  • Hey...Its Me!
    • View Profile
    • Glassman's Customs
« Reply #88 on: January 4, 2006, 03:31 PM »
Glassman, I didn't mean that as a bad thing...

I have no problem receiving critiques chewie, my feelings wont be hurt.
My wife doesnt really critique my work she just says what she thinks.
Most of the time its ooh ahh, so i really listen when its a comment that somthing isnt right.

Darth E, maybe you an lend some neck to my figures, mine are too short. ;D

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 4, 2006, 03:52 PM »
Cool.  So any ideas on another group project for Jan-Feb?  I'm thinking maybe we could make another 2-pack of some sorts - maybe a movie style Snow Bunny Padme w/ Yoda from the cartoon series.  I think Glassman made a cartoon style version before, so how about a movie style version?