Author Topic: Xbox 360  (Read 117252 times)

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Re: XBox 360
« Reply #105 on: March 28, 2007, 02:00 PM »
Well shoot. I guess I'll have to try my luck with a return then.
"This is the way."

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #106 on: March 28, 2007, 02:02 PM »
Damn. That looks pretty sharp. I really like the black a lot better than the white. The fact that it has an HDMI port and that 120GB hard drive make it even better. Matt are you aware if any of these upgrades will be availible for the original 360, i.e. can I potentially buy any of these components to make mine HDMI ready and what-not? Or would I have to buy an entire new console? Based on the fact the 20GB hard drive is $99.99 I don't want to think what the 120 will run at. It figures this puppy comes out mere months after I finally get a 360.

I got mine for Christmas this year, from Costco, I know they are really good with returns. I might have to try returning my current system and putting that money towards this new version.

I think the 120 GB HD will be available separately ($179), as will the new black wireless controller and the other stuff.

But Bill's right--there's no way to upgrade a current 360 to HDMI. . .
« Last Edit: March 28, 2007, 02:08 PM by Matt »
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 28, 2007, 02:06 PM »
Is it possible to plug a flash drive into a 360 and back up your downloaded content and saved games?

That would be plenty good for me if I start running low on disk space - hell, if that's possible to do I should do it anyway.

?

Also, is anyone else here playing Oblivion at all?  I'm thinking about downloading the Shivering Isles expansion next week and was wondering if anyone else is thinking about trying it out.

Offline JoshEEE

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • My Star Wars collection
« Reply #108 on: March 28, 2007, 02:12 PM »
Is it possible to plug a flash drive into a 360 and back up your downloaded content and saved games?

That would be plenty good for me if I start running low on disk space - hell, if that's possible to do I should do it anyway.

?

Also, is anyone else here playing Oblivion at all?  I'm thinking about downloading the Shivering Isles expansion next week and was wondering if anyone else is thinking about trying it out.

No, but there's a 512MB MU coming out that should be able to hold every saved game you have on the HDD and then some.  You can also download anything you've paid for on Xbox Live again for free. It's all tied to your gamertag, so even if you go to your friend's house and log in to their box with your account...you can still download it again free.  Of course, when you leave there, the content you downloaded onto their box goes back to being "trial" or whatever.   Found that out the first time I tried to "share" an arcade game with a friend.  ;)

The Elite doesn't really do it for me, as a current Pro owner I'm not interested in buying a more expensive box....but if I didn't have one yet, that's the one I get.   It is kind of cool that everything's black (I like that better than the white) and it also comes with the HDMI cable packed inside the box....which is cool.
Got Clones?

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: March 28, 2007, 02:30 PM »
Sounds like it will solve my issue - but I'd think that if you can turn the Xbox into a media center for your PC files, you should be able to store your xbox files as data on your PC.  Oh well.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2007, 02:47 PM by Rob »

Offline JoshEEE

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: March 28, 2007, 03:56 PM »
It's only an extender for your PC files....so it accesses things off your network but doesn't store them natively.

Got Clones?

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 28, 2007, 04:47 PM »
Hell yes! I think I'll finally break down and get this one since Wiis are nonexistant here. With my birthday and graduation in May, getting the money for this thing should be a snap. I am curious to see how much the original 360 will drop in price after this though, my cheap self may just get the original.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #112 on: March 28, 2007, 05:28 PM »
I don't think we'll see a price drop on either the Core or Premium SKUs, at least in the near-future.  Maybe before the end of the year.  Although, GH member OKWORDYODA mentioned that he was able to snag a Premium unit with Gears of War for $380 shipped through Dell, which isn't too bad a deal.

As for me, I've been waiting for "the upgrade" to get a 360, but I'm just really not that enthused about this Elite version.  I mean, the black's nice, the HDMI is nice, and the bigger HD is nice, but it apparently won't be using the new processor, which is supposed to run quieter and cooler--that's what I was looking-forward to most.  And the price bump's kind of disappointing, too.  This would have been a great opportunity for them to put the squeeze on Sony a little by lowering the other two SKUs in price (or, better yet, getting rid of one of them altogether), and releasing this one at or closer to the Premium's price of $400.

I'm sure I'll wind up getting one before Halo comes out, anyway.  Hopefully there'll be some good promos on it between now and then.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline JoshEEE

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: March 28, 2007, 05:58 PM »
And the price bump's kind of disappointing, too.  This would have been a great opportunity for them to put the squeeze on Sony a little by lowering the other two SKUs in price (or, better yet, getting rid of one of them altogether), and releasing this one at or closer to the Premium's price of $400.

I'm sure I'll wind up getting one before Halo comes out, anyway.  Hopefully there'll be some good promos on it between now and then.

That's exactly what bugs me about it.  I really think this was a great opportunity to drop the price on the existing consoles a little, but still keep that 399 price tag on SOMETHING 360 Xbox related.  Creating a new sku that's 79 dollars more expensive just seems backwards to me somehow. 

Got Clones?

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #114 on: March 28, 2007, 06:29 PM »
The Elite doesn't really do it for me, as a current Pro owner I'm not interested in buying a more expensive box....but if I didn't have one yet, that's the one I get.

It's a pity you got screwed over as an early adopter, and are stuck with a lesser box to what you'd prefer.   ;D
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline DualSaberMaster

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Oh great, it's Fett"
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 28, 2007, 07:41 PM »
Xbox 360 - Elite

$479.99
April 29
120 GB HD
HDMI

SOLD!  That's what the 360 should have been from launch. I'm glad I put off buying the OG version, for hopes of MS putting out an upgraded version.
-Ricardo

"I'm like a bad penny, I always turn up"
"#1 Hater of PT Haters, OT+PT = SW Forever."

Offline JoshEEE

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: March 29, 2007, 03:14 AM »
It's a pity you got screwed over as an early adopter, and are stuck with a lesser box to what you'd prefer.   ;D

No moreso than when the DS Lite came out and I wanted that thing, or that slimmer PS2 with the built in LAN that I ended up buying. I've gotten over a year of gaming in on my 360 and I don't feel like that was time wasted. I think the Elite is cool, but not cool enough to upgrade.  I'm sticking with my Pro until such a time as I run out of HDD space or need HDMI for some reason.  Then maybe I'll get one.

I might buy one of those shiny black controllers though...I hear they're selling them standalone.  ;D

Got Clones?

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #117 on: August 2, 2007, 12:09 PM »
Bump for the impending price drop:

Core - down $20 to $280
Premium - down $50 to $350
Elite - down $30 to $450

As well as the new Halo 3-60:

At the E3 2007 press conference, Microsoft announced the Halo Special Edition of the console to be released in September. It sports a new Halo theme color scheme (on the console, wired headset, and wireless controller) and shares the innards of the Xbox 360 Elite version, including an HDMI output port. However it includes a 20 GB hard drive and cabling of the premium (standard) edition.[30] Thus, it will likely be priced somewhere between the Xbox 360, and Elite consoles.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: August 4, 2007, 09:53 AM »
Looks like the price drop will be just in time for when I'm ready to finally buy one.  :D
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline DualSaberMaster

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Oh great, it's Fett"
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: October 5, 2007, 06:56 PM »
I got my Elite this past week, and set up my XBOX Live acount.  Is there a JD gamer tag list somewere?  I'm hoping to play with some JD'ers.  My ID is:  ONESHOT1KLLR
-Ricardo

"I'm like a bad penny, I always turn up"
"#1 Hater of PT Haters, OT+PT = SW Forever."