Author Topic: Xbox 360  (Read 117860 times)

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
Re: Re: XBox 360
« Reply #390 on: June 14, 2009, 09:32 PM »
Anyone going to be picking up Ghostbusters this week?

I'm considering it. It's a toss up between that and Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #391 on: June 15, 2009, 03:26 AM »
My nephew's gamer rag comes to my house since he left for the Navy, and so I read it before we mail them out in a care package to him, and the latest one was here and gave the GB game an 8...  It almost seemed pretty solid but complained about some issues with being overwhelmed by enemies, and that the AI characters aren't much better so it's easy for everyone to get taken down quick.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #392 on: June 15, 2009, 12:19 PM »
What are the achievements like? Are they per game or are they all grouped together under the Namco Museum Virtual Arcade title?

They're per game.  The nine individual Arcade games x 200 points each = 1800 possible points.  Just like if you bought them separately from the Arcade.  The 25 non-Arcade games have no achievements.

I finished off Pac-Man and the missus over the weekend, and I already had Dig Dug, Galaga, and Pac-Man CE finished from before I got the disc.  Still need to work on New Rally X and Xevious, and I can't really get into Mr. Driller Online or Galaga Legions.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: June 15, 2009, 03:49 PM »
I picked up Altered Beast. I hadn't played that in forever. Nice and easy 200 points and well worth the $5. I'll probably be picking up Ghostbusters, TRU is giving out a $20 giftcard if you buy it.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2009, 03:50 PM by MetalJedi »
I remember my dream now.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: June 17, 2009, 10:16 AM »
While looking at the Ghostbusters game, I found some $10 games and picked up the Lego Batman game. Best part was, it was $5 at check out.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #395 on: June 17, 2009, 10:31 AM »
Nice find!  What store?
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: June 18, 2009, 10:20 AM »
Oops. Wal Mart.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: June 18, 2009, 09:21 PM »
Wow $5 for Lego Batman? That's a really good deal for one of the better Lego games out htere.
I remember my dream now.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: June 26, 2009, 08:03 PM »
Ooh, I'm pumped. I found the official 360 wireless adapter on Amazon for $76 with free shipping. Too good a deal to pass up considering with tax, buying it at retail would be about $110. I should have it Tuesday so I can FINALLY get hooked up to Live. I guess I'll have to snag some cheap games so I can play you guys in Halo, Call of Duty, etc.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #399 on: June 26, 2009, 11:28 PM »
Damn. I wish I knew you were in the market for that Diddly.  Since we moved and I don't use wireless internet anymore, I could've given you mine for a better price.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: June 30, 2009, 11:02 PM »
That stinks Matt, wish I had said something earlier. I still got it for way under retail, so I'm happy.

Also, I used a 1 month Free Gold coupon I had that came with GTAIV, which happened to expire today. So...

I'll probably pick up a new multiplayer friendly game soon, either COD or Halo or something, whichever one has the most JD users. I'm kind of leaning towards Call of Duty. COD4 is the newest one right?
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #401 on: June 30, 2009, 11:41 PM »
Yes, and it has a more adult following IMO.  HALO's good too though.  Both are cheap too.  I'd recommend both as they're unique gaming experiences.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #402 on: July 22, 2009, 02:13 PM »
The next major 360 dashboard update is set for Tuesday, August 11.

The "deets":

Microsoft just dropped some details on the upcoming Xbox Live Dashboard update which begins rolling out later this summer – first, and perhaps most notably, we'll hit what won't be in this update: Facebook, Twitter, and Last.fm support, along with Zune video and 1080p Instant On video functionality. Those are coming in "future Xbox Live updates" Microsoft assures us. "Updates" plural, eh?

So, what is included? The Games on Demand feature will be available in August, giving you access to digital downloads of full retail games. Check out our video of the feature here. Netflix is being updated in a big way, bringing Movie Parties (kick back in a virtual theater – think "Party System" for your Netflix movies) and the ability to manage your Netflix queue right from the Xbox. They're also touting an "Enhanced Playback Experience" which we presume uses the latest Silverlight "Smooth Streaming" technology (see the demo here).

Also included: The Avatar Marketplace, so you can buy virtual crap for your Avatar; User ratings, so you can attach a star rating to "every game on the Xbox LIVE Games Marketplace" (this thankfully includes Community ... err, Indie Games which have been sorely in need of community moderation!); and more. You can check out the full list after the break, or peruse the gallery of screens Microsoft just dropped on us.
Gallery: Xbox Live Dashboard Update (2009)

Netflix Updates
Now you can watch movies with your friends no matter where they are and manage your queue from the comfort of your couch.

* Movie Parties – Xbox LIVE Gold members can sit together in a virtual theater with up to seven friends no matter where they are while your Avatars watch a movie, flirt or even throw popcorn at each other.
    * Manage Your Queue – Browse the Netflix Instant Watch video catalogue, choose from the most popular movies and genres and add to your queue all from the comfort of your couch – no computer required.
    * Enhanced Playback Experience – Enjoy a smooth viewing experience when your internet bandwidth fluctuates.
    * Friends Info – Richer information is now displayed in the Friends channel and in the Guide showing what you and your friends are doing.

* Express yourself! Deck your Avatar out with the latest clothing and props from the top brands and game franchises. Please note that only limited content is currently available in the preview.
    * Clothing – Download premium items, including branded apparel from your favorite fashion labels and Xbox 360 games such as "Halo."
    * Props – You can now equip your avatar with animated items they can carry around and interact with.
    * Awardables – The ability to earn Avatar clothing and props as rewards within games has been added. Please stay tuned for an update on supporting titles.

Games on Demand
Please note that Games on Demand will be available in the preview beginning early August.

* Enjoy 24 x 7 access to a growing online library of popular full game titles on Xbox LIVE whenever you want them, in the comfort of your living room.
    * Purchase Options – Browse and download a great selection of full Xbox 360 games using Microsoft Points, direct debit, or credit card.
    * Game Manuals – Game manuals for Games on Demand titles can be viewed, downloaded or printed on Xbox.com.
    * It's Yours Forever! – As with other Xbox LIVE content, Games on Demand titles are linked to your Xbox LIVE account, so you can delete and re-download anything you have already purchased to the same console or another console.

User Ratings
User ratings help you find games that other people think are awesome!

* Rate it – You can now rate every game on the Xbox LIVE Games Marketplace using a 5-star system.
    * Sort and Find it – Now you can easily find the games that everyone's been raving about by visiting the Top Rated games in the Browse All category of Xbox LIVE Games Marketplace.

Xbox LIVE Parties
Everyone loves to Party! Check out the new and improved Xbox LIVE Party features.

* Party Reconnections – If you are accidently disconnected from your party, Xbox LIVE will automatically reconnect you.
    * Streamlined Party Invites – Invites are now just one click away! No need to click through multiple screens to get all your friends together.

Video Display Options

* We've made it easier for you to see your entertainment in the highest resolution possible on your TV using an HDMI connection.
    * Display Discovery – Make sure you can see and hear your entertainment in the highest resolution and sound quality possible with the option to override and select audio and video formats independent of the information your television sends to your Xbox 360 console.

Other Improvements
We're always listening to you for feedback, and this Xbox LIVE update will include numerous dashboard updates.

* Gold Member Veterans – Xbox LIVE Gold members get to show it off with a stamp on your Gamer Card that tells people how long you've been a Gold member.
    * Indie Games – Xbox LIVE Community Games has been renamed Xbox LIVE Indie Games. We feel this new name better represents the independent spirit of these titles.
    * Achievement Browser – We've revamped the Achievements browser so it's now easier to read through all the achievements while playing a game. You can now also launch a game directly from the browser.
    * Achievements Tracking – A new view inside the profile panel which includes a summary of Achievements earned across all the games played, and shows of all your completed games.
    * Streamlined Navigation - Streamlined navigation, including new entry points in the dashboard for Active Downloads, redeeming codes, recovering Gamertags and more.
    * Voice Messages – No more blank voice messages! When recording a voice message, a warning will pop up if no audio is detected.
    * Friends List Sorting – It's now easier to find your friends! Find and sort your friends by activity, Gamertag or online status by pressing the Y button while viewing the friends list in the Guide.
    * Memory – Time stamps now appear in the memory area, which particular handy when managing saved games.

Account Management
We've made some changes to make your life easier.

* Subscription Notification – If your Xbox LIVE subscription is about to run out, you will now be notified when you sign into Xbox LIVE.
    * Updates for Invalid Windows Live IDs – If the Windows Live ID you provided has expired, you will now be prompted to update it the next time you sign into Xbox LIVE.
    * Account recovery – We've enhanced the account recovery process to make it faster and more reliable.

What does this Xbox LIVE Update not include?
The following features will be coming in future Xbox LIVE updates, which we'll be sure to let you know about.

* Facebook
    * Twitter
    * Zune video and 1080p Instant On
    * Last.fm

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: July 22, 2009, 02:46 PM »
Most of these sound good.

I'm especially excited about the Avatar goodies. My wife and I have had several discussion on how Microsoft should have items from games you can win or buy. Mentioning Halo makes me smile wide! I'm really hoping for Jedi Robes and being able to sport a lightsaber. By the sounds of it, that seems very likely now. WOOT!

My wife is hoping to be able to wear a Sidney Crosby Jersey. I'm almost positive Microsoft will make sport jerseys available.

Well, I'll be happy to see this update take place. Hopefully I can let this update while at work since Aug 11 is a Tuesday.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #404 on: July 31, 2009, 07:04 PM »
I didn't see this discussed anywhere on here yet.

Mass Effect 2 Trailer!
This is the way.

I have spoken.