Author Topic: Xbox 360  (Read 117924 times)

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
Re: Re: XBox 360
« Reply #450 on: August 30, 2010, 01:13 AM »
Good luck with that one!

I haven't seen you online in so long, I thought you got rid of your X-box!

I'm not getting Halo Reach...but I do plan on getting the new downloadable content for Mass Effect 2...you and Liara go after the Shadow Broker!   :D
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: August 30, 2010, 11:31 AM »

Has anyone used the Hard Drive transfer kit? I was wanting to transfer all of my stuff from my old Xbox to the current one but I'm not quite sure what the best way to do so would be. The guy at Gamestop was saying that you can buy the kit, use it, then return it. For some reason I didn't trust he knew exactly what he was talking about though.

I am not certain, but I thought you can just use a USB thumb drive.  

maybe this will help
« Last Edit: August 30, 2010, 11:37 AM by shmashwitdaclub »

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #452 on: August 30, 2010, 12:37 PM »
I don't think that's what he's looking for.  You can only use two thumb drives for storage, which are capped at 16GB each, for only 32GB total.

Did the transfer on the old system last year, and it was relatively painless.  Don't have the new system yet, but a friend does.  He did the transfer and said it was even easier than before (he did it the old way, too).  It used to be that you had to use a disc, but now it's built in to the system.  You just plug one end of the cable into your old hard drive and the other in to one of the USB ports on the new system, and follow the on-screen instructions.  Doesn't take very long.

The only thing that's kind of a pain in the ass is that if you have a lot of downloaded stuff and ever play offline, you'll need to do the license transfers for everything, or else the DLC won't work offline.  (If you're always connected to Live anyway, this doesn't matter.)  You can do this through the download queue at www.xbox.com, which is a lot easier than doing it through the console.

I'd say go ahead and buy the transfer cable, use it, and return it like the guy suggested.  It sounds like that's perfectly okay according to their return policy:

Opened new merchandise may be exchanged for the identical item within 30 days of purchase but, with
the exception of opened new accessories, cannot be returned for a refund.

In other news, Xbox Live is getting more expensive starting November 1:

Starting Nov 1, 2010

1M Gold:  $9.99 (was $7.99)

3M Gold:  $24.99 (was $19.99)

12M Gold:  $59.99 (was $49.99)

This is stupid.

In still other news, so am I.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2010, 12:40 PM by Matt »
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: August 30, 2010, 01:33 PM »

This is stupid.

In still other news, so am I.

I guess I am too then  :P

but doesn't this go back to the "why would someone do this?" question that we came to the conclusion of the other day?  it doesn't upconvert the quality does it? 

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: September 23, 2010, 10:56 AM »
XBox Live update preview program has been announced:

http://community.winsupersite.com/blogs/paul/archive/2010/09/23/118013.aspx

Microsoft is going to start beta-testing an upcoming update to Xbox Live, which includes previously announced services like ESPN, Zune Music, Netflix search, a new dashboard, and more. The best part? Everyone is invited. But you have to sign up. Here's how:

I am happy to announce that we’re doing an Xbox 360 System Update Preview program for our next release, and the opportunity to sign up is now available. The Preview Program will give you the chance to check out ESPN on Xbox LIVE, Zune music, Netflix search, the new Xbox LIVE dashboard, and new updates to Zune video and Family Settings on your Xbox 360*.  Much like we did last year, you’ll need to visit the Microsoft Connect site from this link and sign in with your Windows LIVE ID that is connected to your Xbox LIVE Gamertag.  Once you complete the survey that is presented to you, the Connect site will notify you immediately if you’ve been accepted.  A couple of points before you head off to register:

•We’re looking for multiple thousands of participants, so your chances of making it in are good.
•This is not for Kinect. You will not be receiving a Kinect sensor if you are chosen to participate. 
•This opportunity is open to all Xbox LIVE Members in regions where Xbox LIVE is available.
•To avoid any problems, read the survey carefully and double check all the information your provide. 
•While both Xbox LIVE Gold and Silver members can sign up, Priority will be given to Gold members in the selection process.
I’ll be sure to updated this post if the program fills up.

This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: October 13, 2010, 09:25 AM »
X-Men's Arcade Comes To Playstation Network & Xbox Live!   I loved this arcade game - I cant wait!  My son and I will have an awesome time with this one.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: October 14, 2010, 10:48 AM »

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: October 14, 2010, 01:36 PM »
wow!  that is pretty cool!  One thing though about uverse and me...  I live in a neighborhood.  Uverse is available for those that live on the south side of the hood and not to me on the north...  I have made a bunch of calls/emails requests for that to be fixed/helped over the years and nothing.

Hopefully comcast will step up and do this too.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: October 14, 2010, 03:04 PM »
Verizon installed fiber in our neighborhood. It took them a couple of weeks to tear up our street. Then they drill a line across your property to the house. It really costly for them but the internet speed increase is fantastic!

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #459 on: October 15, 2010, 01:01 AM »
wow!  that is pretty cool!  One thing though about uverse and me...  I live in a neighborhood.  Uverse is available for those that live on the south side of the hood and not to me on the north...  I have made a bunch of calls/emails requests for that to be fixed/helped over the years and nothing.

Hopefully comcast will step up and do this too.

Or Comcast can just piss off. I hate that company. They have a virtual monopoly here in Denver, we have no other cable choice. >:(
"This is the way."

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: October 15, 2010, 10:19 AM »

Or Comcast can just piss off. I hate that company. They have a virtual monopoly here in Denver, we have no other cable choice. >:(

Oh, I am with you on that.  Fios is not in my area and Uverse is very select/limited.  Comcast is the only alternative to a dish/DSL for me - and I am not interested in those.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #461 on: December 9, 2010, 11:47 AM »
Couple of free XBLA games are available now:

Doritos Crash Course

Harms Way

And there's some more Star Wars avatar gear available today too, including Endor Rebel and Biker Scout outfits, and a Wicket pet.  No $5 lightsaber props though, sorry.

X-Men's Arcade Comes To Playstation Network & Xbox Live!   I loved this arcade game - I cant wait!  My son and I will have an awesome time with this one.

This is out next week for XBLA.

"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: December 13, 2010, 01:13 PM »
Awesome Matt - thanks!  I looked online and it sounds like it is going to cost 800 points and is due out on the 15th.  Pretty sure I have like 900 points so I am good to go!

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #463 on: December 13, 2010, 01:35 PM »
Mass Effect 3 trailer!

I know what I want for next Christmas!
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: December 13, 2010, 07:44 PM »
Mass Effect 3 trailer!

I know what I want for next Christmas!

dang - more great intel!  thanks again! 

on a side note, while sold out now, Mass Effect 2 was on sale today at WM online for $11