Author Topic: Xbox 360  (Read 117711 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Re: XBox 360
« Reply #90 on: December 6, 2005, 02:30 AM »
I think Microsoft tries just about hard enough considering what they pull in yearly.  I'm sure they feel they could try even harder. ;)

Bill Gates couldn't get a dog to lick his face with a porkchop tied around his neck if he didn't "try so hard", so I think he's more than happy.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 6, 2005, 02:56 PM »
I got my new one for free....but for the record, my power supply never burned my house down.  ;D

Same here. Thanks for that info about it shutting off, I didn't know that. I guess that's why my cord shut off once a few months ago...
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline JoshEEE

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • My Star Wars collection
« Reply #92 on: December 6, 2005, 04:01 PM »
Yours shut off?  Wow! You're the first person I've heard of who actually had that happen.  Glad to hear it worked.

I guess the free replacement power cord was worth getting for you after all, huh?    ;D
Got Clones?

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 6, 2005, 06:51 PM »
Ha, yeah, though it was a wierd situation. When it shut off, I was just about to turn the system on one morning. The system had been off all night. Not sure if it was a true overheat or what, but it's good to know that I'm protected just in case. :)
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #94 on: December 10, 2005, 01:48 AM »
I was moving my game systems around tonight and noticed that the floor beneath my X-Box seemed pretty warm.

I don't think the apartment below me has a heat duct in that area (the system sits on the floor) and the warm area was about the size of the X-Box's footprint.

So I unhooked the power and counted my blessings the system didn't start the cheap carpet on fire. I'm keeping it in the entertainment center from now on.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

SilverZ

« Reply #95 on: January 7, 2006, 08:54 PM »
So has anyone else downloaded the Fight Night Round 3 demo from Live?

It feels really early (like alpha quality), which is a little worrying considering the final game is due in about 4 weeks, but wow, does it look amazing. I'm looking forward to picking it up at retail.
« Last Edit: January 7, 2006, 08:54 PM by Greenday1O1 »

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #96 on: January 5, 2007, 12:54 PM »
XBox 360 V.2 Codename: Zephyr

Ever wonder why Microsoft hasn't released an HDMI cable for the Xbox 360, or whether the AV port was really capable of digital out? Well, here's your answer: we landed pictures of what appears to be the second Xbox 360 -- the Xbox 360 v2, if you will -- codenamed Zephyr. (The original Xbox 360, if you recall, was codenamed Xenon.) The long rumored about and awaited update to the console won't just feature a new, cooler 65nm processor, it's also finally added an HDMI port for full digital 1080p pleasure, as well as a 120GB drive, just what the doctor ordered. The 120GB drive may or may not come bundled with the kit, we don't yet know, just as we also don't yet know how much a Zephyr 360 is going to run (we imagine it'll go for the same price as currently so they can keep up a little on their expanding margin). But our very kind Xbox insider seemed happy to let us know we'd be able to get them "soon."

As someone who has held off on buying a 360 so far (although there've been a couple of times where I was really close to pulling the trigger), I'm very excited to get some more confirmation on this, and I'll be picking one up as soon the new ones hit. . .

"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #97 on: January 11, 2007, 06:45 PM »
Thanks to my fiance (Best. Woman. Ever.) and an upcoming birthday, I am now the proud owner of an XBox 360!

Gears of War is awesome!   ;D
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #98 on: January 12, 2007, 07:10 AM »
I'll bet it looks amazing on that TV of yours. :)

I got my 360 for Christmas this year. I absolutely love it. I only own Call of Duty 3 and Rainbow 6 Vegas at the momment but they are both great games.

Last week I also treated my self to a rather larger accessory for my X-BOX. I bought a new 32" Widescreen HD, flat panel TV. The 360 looks incredible on it. It was one of the best purchases I've made in a long time. :)
"This is the way."

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 12, 2007, 02:06 PM »
Cool Ryan.  You'd probably laugh at me playing these games.  I've been controlling games using a mouse and keyboard for so long, I'm not used to the controller.

So far, I have Gears of War, Splintercell: Double Agent, and a driving game that came with the Xbox.  I also want to get Madden 07 and Dead Rising!
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: January 12, 2007, 10:08 PM »
This has been a hot topic at work this week... part of me is annoyed that I have the first version - part of me doesn't care (the part of me that remembers that I'm not buying an HD TV until at least 8 or 9 months from now).

Any word on what the new one is going to cost?  I'm also wondering if they've integrated the HDDVD player into the unit yet or do you still need a separate one?

Oh, and if we're discussing game play here at all - I'm neck deep in Oblivion right now.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2007, 10:09 PM by Rob »

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 25, 2007, 02:34 PM »
I have a quick question regarding original XBox games being played on the 360.  Do you need to get something from Xbox live to play original xbox games, or is the Hard Drive on the 360 all you need?
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #102 on: March 28, 2007, 01:21 PM »
Xbox 360 - Elite

$479.99
April 29
120 GB HD
HDMI

"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #103 on: March 28, 2007, 01:36 PM »
Damn. That looks pretty sharp. I really like the black a lot better than the white. The fact that it has an HDMI port and that 120GB hard drive make it even better. Matt are you aware if any of these upgrades will be availible for the original 360, i.e. can I potentially buy any of these components to make mine HDMI ready and what-not? Or would I have to buy an entire new console? Based on the fact the 20GB hard drive is $99.99 I don't want to think what the 120 will run at. It figures this puppy comes out mere months after I finally get a 360.

I got mine for Christmas this year, from Costco, I know they are really good with returns. I might have to try returning my current system and putting that money towards this new version.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2007, 01:39 PM by Ryan »
"This is the way."

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #104 on: March 28, 2007, 01:55 PM »
You can't upgrade an old 360 to HDMI.
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com