Author Topic: Xbox 360  (Read 118419 times)

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Re: XBox 360
« Reply #300 on: November 16, 2008, 07:02 PM »
Yeah, that was what I was hoping I could avoid, but I guess maybe not...

I went into the memory and was deleting stuff though that it said I had played, but I know I haven't yet.  For instance they got Assassin's Creed for Christmas, and I've yet to touch it because of time...  I went into memory and to my user name's games list, and deleted AC from it, but when I looked at my profile then later, AC was still listed, as were the acheivements for it.  But in memory I thought I'd deleted them...  It asked me if I wanted to, so it's very confusing.  I'm glad that it sounds like I'm not the only one with some difficulty managing the profiles and deleting stuff though.  That makes me feel better. :)

Yeah, I need to set my profile so it's not logged in automatically for sure...  The kids, no matter how many times I've told them, forget when they have a new game, and just use my profile...  I've got like 8 games deep now that I haven't even started myself, but I've got saved-games for them on my profile.  I'm a little annoyed.

Once something's on your Played Games list, it's there to stay.  You might delete those saves or whatever from your hard drive (which is what you're doing, I think), but those games will always be there on that list.

I've got 30- or 40-something games on my list, but I've only played about ten or so on my own system.  The others I just played for a little bit at my buddy's house on his machine.  There's some crap on there that I have no interest in playing anymore--like Feeding Frenzy.  I'd love to delete that stuff, but. . .  I can't.  Oh well.

Bumping this because apparently there's a feature in the NXE (that's the "New Xbox Experience" to you and me) which will allow you to remove games that have zero Gamerscore from your Played Games list:

YouTube video of said feature

I don't know if this is exactly what you were wanting to do, JJ, but it's close.  I like this feature and I'm looking forward to cleaning up my Played Games list a little bit.

That's great news. I have about 5-6 games with 0 GS on my list that I don't own and never play. It sure will be nice to finally delete them from my list. I'd like to see this feature expanded to delete any game, so I can delete some of the games where I have just one or two.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2008, 07:02 PM by Ryan »
"This is the way."

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #301 on: November 16, 2008, 10:40 PM »
I was looking over my Played Games list on Xbox.com and I've got sixteen games I can delete now.  That's a whopping 0/7400 Gamerscore!    That'll be great for my Achievement percentage. 

Plus I've got several XBox 1 games I can delete off that list now, too.  It'll be nice to get rid of those, remove that clutter.  I've really become quite an Achievement whore lately and all those zeroes drives me nuts when I look over that list.  Not a problem anymore.  Great feature.

I'd like to see this feature expanded to delete any game, so I can delete some of the games where I have just one or two.

I don't know how that would work, but I'd be down for that, too.  I'd like to be able to remove the few Achievements that other people got using my profile, for whatever reason.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: November 20, 2008, 09:23 AM »
So what's everyone think about the "new" Xbox experience? Kind of neat, but I'm still not sold on it, yet. Have to do some more navigating. Cool to see everyone's avatar.

Tried out the netflix thing. I am not impressed. Picture quality is severely lacking and the show I sampled was not shown in 16:9. Great idea, but not for me - yet.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: November 20, 2008, 11:09 AM »
So what's everyone think about the "new" Xbox experience? Kind of neat, but I'm still not sold on it, yet. Have to do some more navigating. Cool to see everyone's avatar.

Tried out the netflix thing. I am not impressed. Picture quality is severely lacking and the show I sampled was not shown in 16:9. Great idea, but not for me - yet.

It's MEH to me. The avatars really weren't necessary.

I was told repeatedly by other LIVE friends that the NXE was a lot like Microsoft Vista. It certainly looks like that to me.

It's really just meh. Some things are hard to find which is a little frustrating now, but we'll get used to that.

I do like the party chat and the ability to switch back and forth between game chat and party chat in just a couple of clicks. However the problem with party chat is when you leave a game with friends you may have been playing/chatting with, you now need to not just leave the game to be disconnected from them, but leave the party chat as well.

Oh and don't forget to set your party chat to INVITE. I can't tell you how many times I was saying "Who the hell is that" when a friend of one of my friends would just jump into our party chat.

So this so far is just a marginal improvement.

One thing I DO hope for is the ability to aquire new bits for our avatars.
One way could be through gamerscore. Higher the score the more stuff you can unlock, or have "credit" to purchase avatar stuff.
Another way would be for games themselves to include avatar bits that are unlocked as you get achievements (my preference).
And of course just straight buying them from the marketplace.

I'd like to put a Jedi Robe on my av and a lightsaber in his hand.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline jjks

• Jedi Padawan
  • Belligerent as hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: November 20, 2008, 06:22 PM »

Plus I've got several XBox 1 games I can delete off that list now, too.  It'll be nice to get rid of those, remove that clutter.  I've really become quite an Achievement whore lately and all those zeroes drives me nuts when I look over that list.  Not a problem anymore.  Great feature.

Have you been able to do this yet Matt? I've only been on the dashboard long enough to create my avatar and look around a little, but didn't see any blatant way to do it. Looked on xbox.com also, and didn't see any way to do it on there.

Also, what's the deal with the "stuff" behind all my friends avatars when I'm browsing through my friends. Is that completely random, or something else you can set that I didn't notice. Clearly I didn't watch the demo of "what's new"!

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #305 on: November 20, 2008, 08:48 PM »

Have you been able to do this yet Matt? I've only been on the dashboard long enough to create my avatar and look around a little, but didn't see any blatant way to do it. Looked on xbox.com also, and didn't see any way to do it on there.

Also, what's the deal with the "stuff" behind all my friends avatars when I'm browsing through my friends. Is that completely random, or something else you can set that I didn't notice. Clearly I didn't watch the demo of "what's new"!

I was able to. :)

Hit the XBox guide button, then move over left, go to achievements and you can start deleting the old ones.

I'm still somewhat mixed on the new dashboard. Loading games onto the harddrive is fantastic, it runs so much quieter. The party feature is nice. The avatars are kind of dumb... but whatever. Oh and I think the stuff behind them is just random.

I wish it would start on the My Xbox tab when the console boots up rather than on the ads.
"This is the way."

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #306 on: November 21, 2008, 03:26 AM »

What Ryan said.  Really easy to do, really fast.  Took my possible Gamerscore from 31xxx to 26xxx.

A friend speculated that it's based on what type of gamer you've label yourself as:  Recreation, Underground, Family, etc.    Seems plausible to me, but I don't know. 

Dig the NXE, though.  Ripping games is fantastic.  It should cut down on both RROD and hearing loss, and should sell a ton of 120GB hard drives for Microsoft.  Deleting those 0 Gamerscore games is also very nice.  Looks like the Marketplace is also much easier to browse now, too.  I only had a couple hours to check everything else out last night, but I'm pretty pleased with what I've seen so far.  Much better than the old dashboard in my opinion.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: November 21, 2008, 09:10 AM »
I'm taking back what I said about netflix. Seems they've done some type of upgrade since launch day. We sampled some movies, which looked great, and the show we watched the first day, which looked crappy, looks a lot better now. A friend sampled an HD movie and said it was flawless.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: November 21, 2008, 12:07 PM »
I'm taking back what I said about netflix. Seems they've done some type of upgrade since launch day. We sampled some movies, which looked great, and the show we watched the first day, which looked crappy, looks a lot better now. A friend sampled an HD movie and said it was flawless.

How are the download times?

I thought this was LIVE with no download. Am I wrong? If there is download time, how long did it take for your show to download and how long was the show itself?
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: November 22, 2008, 10:15 AM »

How are the download times?

I thought this was LIVE with no download. Am I wrong? If there is download time, how long did it take for your show to download and how long was the show itself?

It pretty much steams. Takes about a minute to buffer, then it's clear sailing. We watched Young Frankenstein with no problems.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #310 on: December 30, 2008, 07:36 PM »
My wife bought me Gears of War 2 for Christmas, but with our trip I had not been able to play it until today.

What a fun game!  :D
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: December 30, 2008, 08:36 PM »
Alright, I've made the decision to pick up a 360, finally. I'll probably pick the Pro up this weekend. Can anyone remind me what you can do with the free version of Live?
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #312 on: December 30, 2008, 09:49 PM »
downloads and stuff...  You basically can't game against other people unless you pay.  You can get like previews of games and stuff to dl though.  To me that's worth it...  Gaming online wasn't something I was into but then I got into COD4 and HALO3, and, well....  that became addicting enough for me to actually pay.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #313 on: December 30, 2008, 09:51 PM »
I got a 360 for Xmas  ;D, now i just need to get some games.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #314 on: December 30, 2008, 10:17 PM »
Alright, I've made the decision to pick up a 360, finally. I'll probably pick the Pro up this weekend. Can anyone remind me what you can do with the free version of Live?

If I may, I'd recommend going with an Arcade unit over a Pro right now because the Arcades are the only way you can get the new Jasper units currently.  (Either that, or I'd wait for the Jaspers to start showing up in Pro units.)

The Jasper is the newest 360 and has both a 65nm GPU and CPU.  It runs quieter and cooler than the older units and has uses much less power.  Should prove to be less-problematic than past 360s.

Jasper Is Here: A Look at the New Xbox 360

As far as memory goes, the Jasper has 256MB of internal storage onboard, and Microsoft is still running a deal where Arcade users can get a 20GB hard drive (refurbished) and three months of Live Gold for $29.99.

Link
« Last Edit: December 30, 2008, 10:18 PM by Matt »