Author Topic: Xbox 360  (Read 117253 times)

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Re: XBox 360
« Reply #420 on: May 24, 2010, 10:17 AM »

Kingdom for Keflings was one such game and that was a blast for how simple the game was. Your avatar is a giant in the game and you basically build a kingdom.

see, I knew there were games out there where your avatar was "in game", but like I said - I never knew about this game, so I never got into this game, so I never had a reason to sit and stare at my avatar for hours on end, so I never felt the need to spend a dime on making my avatar look cool.

So, my point is, X-Box hasn't done a good job in "selling" me, or my type of gamer imo (pretty casual), this product where I feel like I need to shell out cash for clothes to an ingame avatar.

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: May 24, 2010, 10:27 AM »
There are several games where you can use your avatar. Check out the "Games" section, and find "Avatar gamers" (no not the movie game Avatar, but rather games made to use your avatar in).

There are a few card games, likes Spades, Hearts, and Poker. As well there is a Pirate game. "Booty" is in the title, though I can't recall it's full name.

I still consider "Keflings" as the king of these avatar games so far. I'm fairly certain there is a Guitar Hero game where you can import your avatar as well. Though don't quote me on that.

-Sal
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #422 on: May 24, 2010, 12:33 PM »
I'm fairly certain there is a Guitar Hero game where you can import your avatar as well. Though don't quote me on that.

I just quoted you on that.

But yeah, Guitar Hero 5 lets you play as your avatar.  I've tried it.  It was kind of neat at first, but I got over it and went back to ignoring what my character was doing in the background and just paid attention to the notes on screen like I always do.  Paying $3 to wear a digital Boba Fett helmet isn't gonna help make that experience any better.

There are several games where you can use your avatar. Check out the "Games" section, and find "Avatar gamers" (no not the movie game Avatar, but rather games made to use your avatar in).

Or just look at this:

List of games using Avatars

(By the way:  Band of Bugs, Lazy Raiders, and Madballs will be on sale for 400 points ($5) each this week, and several other avatar items will also be on sale.)
« Last Edit: May 24, 2010, 12:48 PM by Matt »
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: June 4, 2010, 11:24 AM »
A couple of weeks ago Microsoft revealed a major internal shakeup in its Entertainment & Devices division. These are the guys responsible for the Xbox, Zune and Windows Phone brands. How do you think this will effect the future of the XBox 360?

Major Shakeup at Microsoft's Consumer Products Division
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #424 on: June 15, 2010, 10:37 PM »
There's a new 360 coming out.  (It's lost weight!)
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: June 16, 2010, 12:40 AM »
That would explain why all the old stock is being reduced by $50. Internal HDD. Built in wifi N. Built in power supply. Whisper quiet. Touch controls. Kinect connector built in. Kinect draws power from the 360.  It's out NOW! It looks like its a good time to buy a new Xbox.

« Last Edit: June 16, 2010, 12:46 AM by Master_Phruby »

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: July 22, 2010, 09:49 AM »
I finally made the leap and bought a Xbox 360S. Amazing machine!!! Very quiet and doesn't put out much heat. I keep it on last night and wasn't any hotter than the Wii. I think the Wii is much louder then the 360. I only have Burnout Paradise right now. My gammer tag is of course masterphruby.   ;D

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #427 on: August 12, 2010, 12:49 PM »
They just put up a bunch more SW/ESB avatar items in honor of ESB's 30th or C5 or something.  Several more t-shirts and costumes, and a few more props, including Artoo, a Wampa, a new lightsaber, an AT-AT, and this, which I think most of us here can especially appreciate:

Cool.  As.  ****.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #428 on: August 12, 2010, 02:36 PM »
That is pretty neat.  Like waking up X-Mas morning 1980 as your avatar I guess.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: August 12, 2010, 11:56 PM »
I'm going to get R2-D2.

Offline Crackbrick

• Jedi Padawan
  • Crackbrickhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: August 25, 2010, 06:04 PM »
I have an x-Box question...

When I go to hook it up to a Hi Def TV, is there a special hook up or do you use the RCAs it came with?

cb
I Dream of Yumbos...

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: August 25, 2010, 07:51 PM »
I'm fairly certain you need an HDMI cable to get full HD - or any HD for that matter.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Crackbrick

• Jedi Padawan
  • Crackbrickhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: August 26, 2010, 08:47 AM »
I'm fairly certain you need an HDMI cable to get full HD - or any HD for that matter.

Thanks for that.
Looks like the X-Box will have a special package I have to buy mi9n order to hook it up being that these are not traditional RCA cords on the back.
More $$ to spend!

cb
I Dream of Yumbos...

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: August 26, 2010, 09:14 AM »
If my memory is correct it all depends on which X-Box you have.  The oldest ones (pre 2007) did not have HD/HDMI quality or support according to wiki.  The older ones require you to buy a cable that has some sort of converter so you can use HDMI to supposedly get HD quality.  The next generation included the HDMI output on the X-Box - but no cable.  And perhaps the newest generations comes with the HDMI output and cable?

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #434 on: August 26, 2010, 02:19 PM »
*Forget the cables that are in the box.  They're composite ("RCA") only and won't give you an HD picture.  These are the cables included with all 360s currently available and they're junk.

*Buy an HDMI cable (as long as both your 360 and your TV support HDMI).  You can get those pretty cheap (like <$5 cheap) at places like Blue Jeans Cable or Monoprice

*You could also use a component cable, like one of these at Amazon.  The component cables are more expensive than HDMI, though, so there's really no reason to go with component if you have the capability to do HDMI.  In fact, the only reason I'm really mentioning component at all is to clear up some misinformation that was recently posted about HDMI being the only way to get HD out of the 360.  Component can do it, too, and always has.  Just not as well.

TLDR summary:  Go buy a cheap HDMI cable and enjoy your new 360.