Author Topic: Has anyone ever done this...?  (Read 1692 times)

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Has anyone ever done this...?
« on: April 18, 2003, 10:36 PM »
I'm seriously considering buying up a good 20-30 Saga figures from my local Target stores (leaving only 10 or so), and returning them to some out of town Target stores when I go to visit my family this weekend for Easter...  Yeah, I know... This doesn't sound like a very good toy karma thing for me to do, which is why I have yet to do it so far.  But I'm getting very close!   >:(

I'm obviously figuring that if I clear most of the pegs out, then there will be more room for Target to put some new stuff out in it's place.  Pretty selfish of me for sure, not to mention I'd be making matters even worse for the collectors in whatever area I wind up returning them to.  I'd probably do the returns in 5-6 figure lots at various Targets (there's a TON of them out here), and not all at once...

So, any other impatient dumbheads out there ever do (or consider) such a thing...?   :-\

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Re: Has anyone ever done this...?
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2003, 10:51 PM »
The stores maybe smarter than you think. If you do that, they may pull out more cases of the same figures & restock the shelves. Just some food for thought.  :-*

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2003, 09:48 AM »
Something doesn't sound "right" about that.... Plus, I doubt it'd work... of course, if it does... :D :-*

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2003, 12:51 PM »
I have never done that or thought about doing it since I work in retail and see people doing a bunch of dishonest things towards our company like returning items which we don't even carry and has Walmart on its label. ::)  THe only time I came close to doing something like this was when I bought "Ghostbuster" on dvd and I found the dvd was defective (didn't play video after a certain point.)  So I was going to buy another one at Target and return the damage one with the other receipt since I lost the other.  I eventually deceided no to do it and found another copy in a Walmart $5 bin.

And Matt if you do do it please don't return down my way, please.  (CIty of Industry and  Brea) ;)

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2003, 10:22 PM »
Well, there's not anything technically dishonest about this little maneuver.  I'd really just be shuffling some of Target's current inventory from one of its stores to another.  Basically, it's nothing more than a regular return really.  I buy tons of figures at the various bigger retail stores, and occasionally return them to a different store (within the same chain though).  This wouldn't be anything different than that, just on a slighter larger scale, and with somewhat different motivations...   :-\

I doubt I'll actually do it, but if I do, no worries Tom - you wouldn't be in the "line of fire" out there in Brea/Walnut, unless I had my wife return a few as well...   ;)

But I've heard some rumblings of Hasbro reps making the rounds of late, clearing out some of the peg warmers at certain stores, so hopefully they'll hit my area soon and do the work for me!   8)