Author Topic: Unusual idea...  (Read 2653 times)

Offline In Rem

• Jedi Initiate
  • Objection!
    • View Profile
    • Hobbygeek.com
Unusual idea...
« on: November 23, 2005, 03:30 PM »
OK, so I picked up on a thread over at RS that got me thinking about an idea I'd mulled over before.

What if we had a PN that regularly featured cameos by JD customizers' creations? I'm thinking more along the lines of those characters being background folks for the most part, or bit players. I envision something with an established story... perhaps the story is written in advance or something. Anyway, once we know what the story is, we go back and "illustrate it", but with contributions from the entire JD community.

I can see something like my Clone unit under General Crus and Commander Koe crossing paths with CHEWIE's unsavory separatist droids or Fritzkrieg's Trandoshan Merc... 

Of course someone would have to be responsible for composing the scenes... or maybe we could agree on what the scenes should be and then split up the duties... I don't know. It just sounds like a cool idea.

In the end it's probably more than any of us has time for... worth discussing, though. So, discuss :)

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: Unusual idea...
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2005, 03:38 PM »
That would be pretty cool...be hard to pull off though. I'll be glad to help on this.
My whole expanse...I cannot see...

Offline Quazar

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2005, 04:48 PM »
I often though it would be interesting to try to do a "round robin" style photonovel....

Say, we each agree to pick one character who will be the main protagonist (using a figure that everyone has, say VOTC Han Solo, or Pilot Obi Wan and Evo. Anakin).

One person starts out the story, using all of their resources (customs, dioramas, photoshop, etc.) then another person picks up the story.

This would give everyone a chance to showcase their custom creations in their specific chapters.  (though, sadly, those characters obviously wouldn't be able to carry through in the entire story...)

Thoughts??
Sith Lords Are Our Speciality

Offline In Rem

• Jedi Initiate
  • Objection!
    • View Profile
    • Hobbygeek.com
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2005, 05:01 PM »
Quazar - THAT is a good idea!

I would suggest a slight variation. Let's all do our own version of one character who would carry throughout the story... we would agree on a head (akin to Rykrof - same head, different gear and suits).

A "chapter" is, in essence, a short story. Whoever wants to go first does so, but they have to in essence "wrap" their story. To the extent a character might carry over (a sidekick or companion), that figure has to be one the other participants have a custom version of or are willing to make (i.e., you can't introduce a 100% scratch-built droid as a companion unless you're willing to make one for everyone).

This would work a lot like a serial, I guess...

This might actually work... :-)

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2005, 05:19 PM »
I often though it would be interesting to try to do a "round robin" style photonovel....

Say, we each agree to pick one character who will be the main protagonist (using a figure that everyone has, say VOTC Han Solo, or Pilot Obi Wan and Evo. Anakin).

One person starts out the story, using all of their resources (customs, dioramas, photoshop, etc.) then another person picks up the story.

This would give everyone a chance to showcase their custom creations in their specific chapters.  (though, sadly, those characters obviously wouldn't be able to carry through in the entire story...)

Thoughts??

I've recent;y been thinking the same thing myself. My SGC diorama, is almost at the point where it could double as a a TIE hangar or something. I need a new camera first and it is one of the things I'm asking for for Christmas. But I'd definitely love to get in on this at some point. :)
"This is the way."