Author Topic: TALES OF THE 305TH #3, PART 1- TWO BETRAYALS  (Read 7460 times)

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
TALES OF THE 305TH #3, PART 1- TWO BETRAYALS
« on: November 23, 2005, 06:33 PM »
GRAND ARMY OF THE REPUBLIC MISSION LOG
STAFF SARGEANT LISTER, 305TH LEGION

<MESSAGE TERMINATED>

367-Z VOICE RECORDER TRANSCRIPT

<START OF RECORDING>

The two guards were protecting the corporal's quarters.

Corporal Harland ordered me to see him in his office immediately; and he told me to come unarmed. I didn't like the way that sounded so I kept my sidearm in my holster. I walked past them nonchalantly and paused a few feet away from Corporal Harland. His back was facing out across his balcony overlooking a ravine."

"Corporal Harland," I started.
He spun around. "Ah, Sargeant Lister. A pleasure to see you."

"You asked me to see you."
"Ah, yes. I'm sorry, but I have to do this."
My voice took on a cold, hard tone. "Do what?' I demanded.
"Clone Intelligence has deemed you a threat to the integrity of this fighting force. You must be terminated. I'm sorry, but this is the way it has to be." He turned and left.

I suddenly realized that the guards at the entrance had turned toward me and were ready to fire. I drew my sidearm and squeezed off two perfect shots into the clone's chests.

I left the building and got into a UA vehicle. I drove over to the AREG's base, thinking all the way that Harland had betrayed me. I was almost in shock. Then I realized that I was no longer in the Republic. I could do whatever I want. But in order to survive I couldn't just run off into the woods. I decided I was going to plead the AREG leader to join his fighting force. I arrived at the building, and, making sure there was no one guarding the entrance, took the stairs directly up to the leader's office.
I entered his quarters. He had tall silvery pillars on opposite corners of the space and he was sitting in one like it, his hood up over his head. I walked up to him and bowed deeply.

"Noble leader of this organization, I was betrayed by my fellow brothers," I said cautiously. "I would be honored to serve against the Republic in this Anti-Republic group."
His voice had a rough, gravelly tone.
"I will allow to join us, Lister. I sensed a disturbance in the Force, I knew it was when they betrayed you. I've had my eye on you also, you will become a powerful ally."
"Yes, Master." I stood up.

"Here is what you must do," He continued. "Go back to the Command, kill Harland and Rayders. It must be done. Don't hesitate, feel no remorse. They betrayed you, Terbo."
"How did you know my first name?"
"I know alot of things." he said plainly. "Back to the situation on hand. Return to Command, kill the leaders. Field Master Putame has constructed a new helmet for you, it will top off your uniform nicely." Vas Putame walked in with the helmet under his arm. They shook hands cordially.

"This is a perfect reproduction of your helmets, with a new face kama and jet black," Vas said, seemingly enjoying the lecture. He handed it to Lister.

"Go, Lister. Complete what must be done!"

"Yes, sir," I replied, feeling betrayal and darkness coursing through my veins.

PERSONAL QUARTERS OF COPORAL HARLAND, CLONE INTELLIGENCE COMMANDER

Harland sat in his office. He didn't know that the guards hadn't dispatched Lister, and he didn't realize something was wrong until he felt the metal pistol shell that he knew belonged to Lister slam into his back, killing him.

REPUBLIC COMMS CENTER

Rayders looked at his communications display intently. He heard someone approach from his side.

"Rayders," a voice said. It was Lister's.
"Terbo! What has you here this late? Can't sleep?"
I raised my pistol, my hand shaking.

He was my only friend. I heard a small voice in my head echoing the Leader's words. "He betrayed you. Finish him!"
Rayders noticed what was happening. "What are you doing? What the-"
The metal slug hit him in the chest, shattering his chest armor. He drew a sharp intake of breath. Rayders fell to his knees, swayed, and fell facefirst onto the ground.

"The task is finished," I thought. I left the building and headed back to AREG Command.

AREG COMMAND

I reentered the Leader's quarters. I turned toward him. "It is finsished," I said, my voice laced with sadness;anger. "The Republic Leadership has been terminated."

"Excellent," he breathed. "Now, all we have to do is-"
He was interrupted by Field Master Putame, rushing through the door, breathless. "What is it?" The leader said, concerned. "What's the matter?"
Putame caught his breath. "The clones!" He gasped. "They've broken through our ground defenses! They're raiding the building!"

TO BE CONTINUED.......

I hope you like it. LMK what you think, and all comments/suggestions are appreciated. Thanks for reading.
My whole expanse...I cannot see...

Offline Joe

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: TALES OF THE 305TH #3, PART 1- TWO BETRAYALS
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2005, 07:01 PM »
So rayders didnt know about haden and the ALMOST killing?Rayders dead?Oooooo next one please.
Cheers!

- Joe

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2005, 09:53 PM »
Yeah, this all happens in a matter of hours, and it was all Intelligence's thing, and he was tied up manning the comms center. It's funny, no one noticed that the "communications console" was actually a distortion pedal. ;D Thanks for your comments.

Offline Joe

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2005, 10:20 AM »
So help me here Rayders DIDN'T want to kill him?And is there a chance of clone zombies?
Cheers!

- Joe

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2005, 10:50 AM »
Rayder's didn't know about Harland turning on Lister. Harland expected to make it all look like an accident or something. I don't think there are going to be clone zombies... :)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2005, 01:38 PM »
Looks interesting - detailed thoughts coming tomorrow!

:P

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2005, 02:47 PM »
Thanks! Can't wait.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2005, 06:32 PM »
Talk about switching sides... I wonder if he would really do that so quickly?  And am I missing something here, but why did his troops turn on him?

Interesting plot, I suppose more will be answered in the next chapter.

And the leader of the group sure does seem evil.

:P

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2005, 07:19 PM »
You'll find out soon enough...

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2005, 07:50 PM »
Ok, I'll be honest - I'm confused as heck. Maybe it's because of the way you positioned the words with the pictures. I'm not quite sure, but I can't follow what's going on. Anyone care to fill me in?

Other than that, I do like your customs! Very good job on those.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2005, 08:06 PM »
Thanks. Okay, here it is- ( I'll start with #1)

The 305th Legion of the Grand Army of the Rpublic found themselves on a seemingly 'crap detail' slogging through the Kashyyk wilderness in search of the Anti-Republic Extermist Group, who were launching raids on Wookie villages. Suddenly, they suddenly were ambushed by them, but couldn't see them because of the heavy foliage. That was #1. In #2, Staff Sargeant Lister leads a group into an abandoned village that was supposedly the headquarters of the AREG. Lister was briefly taken hostage by Jack Worvet, who made a blunder and was in turn taken hostage himself. Back at Command, Worvet kills a Jedi and takes another hostage, only to be gunned down for good by the Republic forces. In #3, Harland recieves orders from Clone Intelligence to terminate Lister. He attempts to, but Lister was too quick for the troops that turned against him. Instead of just rotting away in the woods, he decides to join the AREG. The Force-sensitive leader sensed his change of hands, and welcomes him with open arms. Lister goes back to Republic Command and takes out Harland himself and his former Commander, Cmdr. Rayders. He finishes his task and returns to AREG base, and a few minutes later, the base is under attack by more troopers, who found out about the deaths of their leader. Hope that made sense. Check out my customs thread to see who's leading the attack and previews for Part 2. If it's the layout of the novel that's confusing you, how can I make it less confusing? Thanks for your compliments on the customs.

Offline Joe

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2005, 10:15 AM »
I think this layout would be better....

picture
                  words
-------space--------
-------space--------
-------space--------

next picture
words

and so on.
Cheers!

- Joe

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2005, 10:30 AM »
That makes sense, NoMercyJoe. I took pics last night for Part 2 and it should be up soon. If you want to see a sneak peek at new characters appearing and a preview pic, check out my customs thread, updated yesterday. Thanks for your help.

Offline Deanna Rash

• Jedi Padawan
  • AH ! Whatta you know a jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2006, 12:56 PM »
 ;DGreat job! Can't wait to see the next one.
The ablity to speak does not make you intelligent - now get out of here!