Author Topic: Medicom "VCD" Vinyl Figures  (Read 82844 times)

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
  • It comes in pints?! I'm getting one.
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: June 20, 2008, 04:48 PM by Jeff »
"Of all the things to worry about, the wookiee has no pants..."

Offline Hes No Good to Me Dead

• Jedi Padawan
  • That's it baby, when you got it, flaunt it.
    • View Profile
    • Now With Kung-Fu Grip
Re: Medicom Vinyl Fett
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2004, 09:31 PM »
Medicom are on to it. What an awesome piece of art.

Offline Mos-Quito

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2004, 01:10 AM »
Oh that looks so cool!! Looks like Medicom isnt done with their SW license. Do you know how big that Fett is going to be?? Imagine if they're the same size with the Kubricks.

Will you be able to get some of these in from the Collectors' Club to sell, Simon? I'll definitely buy one off you, so please-please-please put me on the list if you are ;)

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • Now With Kung-Fu Grip
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2004, 01:42 AM »

Will you be able to get some of these in from the Collectors' Club to sell, Simon? I'll definitely buy one off you, so please-please-please put me on the list if you are ;)

I'll be definitely be putting my name in the hat a couple of times.  But I couldn't come up with any R2's last time, so, again unfortunately, I can't make any promises to anybody for this one. I'll try and get to the event  and maybe pick up one.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2004, 03:15 AM »
OK, that's just too sweet. Messa want one!  8)

Good luck with trying to score some Simon.  Fingers crossed & toes.  ;)

Offline Mos-Quito

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2004, 11:25 AM »
That's cool Simon. Have a great time at the convention if you're going there though! Looking forward to hear more about it. I wonder what else Medicom might have in store that day....... SW Kubrick Series 3??  :o ;D

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2004, 11:36 AM »
Medicom has updated their site the last 4 months on the 24th, Hopefully tomorrow/tonight they announce SW Series 3 ;)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2004, 11:39 AM »
Well..just checked the site and they updated, still no sign of Skywalker or Solo (meaning still no sign of Series 3 :'()  Check back next month

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2004, 12:28 PM »

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2004, 03:12 PM »
oh man, i need one of those fetts... that is just too cool

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2004, 03:16 PM »

Reminds me of this

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2004, 08:38 AM »
That is not really my thing, but i hope that they will have info on series 3.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Mos-Quito

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2004, 11:02 AM »
Just the fact that its Boba allready sold me in! ;D I think it looks really good actually. I'd like to see Medicom start a new SW line with this concept, especially if they're the same size as Kubricks. I mean, the majority of SW collectors (and many still) didnt take Kubrick/chibi/SD style as their thing as well at first, but it grew on them over time. This one probably will do the same.

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • Now With Kung-Fu Grip
« Reply #13 on: June 6, 2004, 07:59 AM »
Arrived at the event and it was pelting down rain. Thank god the World Character Convention is in the biggest exhibition hall in Japan so there will be plenty of room to wait, in-line, out of the rain. Wrong! 2000 punters are lined up outside the door in the rain.  Nice planning Mr WCC Manager Man!!

I wait patiently in line behind about 1000, half-drenched people. Thats cool. Only 500 Bobas. I'm sure at least half of these guys will only be able to get their one limited Godzilla or Bearbrick or whatever!

The sneakers are just about soaked by opening time. 10.30am! Alright! Lets go!

10.32am. The line still hasn't moved.

10.35am. Still nothing! OK getting anxious now!

10.37am! A door at the back of the line near me opens! A Boba Collector! Lucky man! He's also a Godzilla, Gundam, and Bearbrick collector too!?!?! Followed by his 2 kids under the age of 5 who happen also to be avid Toy Collectors. His wife is also behind. Oh my god. A whole family of Boba etc. collectors! But wait there's more. Gandma and Grandpa that are waddling behing mum are also Boba Collectors. And then cousin Junko comes out..........well you get the picture.

I do a quick head count of men in line who were able the have children, mutiplied that by the average size of the Japanese extended family, divided it by pi and came out with a total of 326,433 people possibly waiting in line or in the wings, for Bobas.

I toss a coin and it tells me I have better chance of winning the on the 4th race at Flemington next week, so I head in for the scoop on the new Kubrick line.

Disappoint number 2!! The Medicom booth was a bit of a let down unfortunately!

But not all is said fellow toy lovers! However, I did score as an entry freebie....get this....an exclusive, WCC18, Medicom Japan in association with Tomy, limited edition Yelllow, Kubrick Daraemon....and this is the clincher....get this.... WITH EARS!!!!

For all you who have no idea what I'm talking about, you don't need to. Basically, I'm going to take this little, cute, yellow poor excuse for a collectible and and put it on the tracks of a highly used, bullet train route.

Sorry just a bit disappointed over not getting a Boba. Here's a couple of pics of it on Slave 1 though.

Boba Pics

To Yahoo Japan I go!!
« Last Edit: June 6, 2004, 08:05 AM by Hes No Good to Me Dead »

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #14 on: June 6, 2004, 08:26 AM »
Damn that sucks Simon...I read similar stories about Cons and exclusives and shake my head...its not fair to everyone else in line to bring your family of 20 so you can scalp toys and make a little $ :'(