Author Topic: general ideas  (Read 2022 times)

Offline bobafett14

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Pennsylvania Star Wars Collectors Society
general ideas
« on: July 21, 2005, 01:19 PM »
Been a while since I've thrown some ideas outthere:

#1 stick with movie scenes on the cards.  People in general are addicted to the movies, actual images from the movies sell product (OTC)  it's what got me hooked at age 6 seeing the actual picture from the movie on a cardack.

How about scene 2 packs, where you take a deluxe and mix with a figure?

Ex: A carded Wookie vs. a spider droid.
or a Clone trooper posed on top of a crab droid.
or a scout trooper sniper posed shotting on of those can-cells

(it would maybe be on a card the size of the Deluxe Saga Wampa with a movie scene in the background or hey....what about smaller boxed items similar to the Han/Taun-Taun, Jabba/Solo from the POTF2 days??? 

A repelling clone or a two pack repelling clone-I know someone is already all over this...I'm shocked it's not out already.

Sets may sell, just simple small boxed sets may work:

One could be a kashhyk playset with a wookie, a scout trooper sniper, a spider droid, and maybe some kind of small base like a sand bunker.  Doesn;t have to be priced at $30 like the Mustafar playset, but the basics are there-FIGS, with maybe a little something else thrown in.

I'm also still not going to give up on accessories.

Cost cuts?  Repacks, market a line based on the accessories, you can still use a repacked fig, but  how cool would it be to sell a wookie with a part of like a sand bunker? or a Luke Tatooine packed standing by a moisture evaporator? I REALLY liked the Saga deluxe (for example the hoth table/screen-great!)

Or a Mace and Emperor fig that both have a "glass" backdrop? (ea. fig gets a half of the glass window that was shattered)  maybe sell later an anakin that has a red carpet base that interlocks with the other 2 figs and the glasss base?  Pack the Mace in a stance like he's just ready to swing at Palypy, have Palpy packed kinda lying down, maybe even have force lightning shooting upwards.   Re-capture the scene in the bubble, AND on tha card.

sell those little guys working on utapauu, but package them with fuel lines, and a few crates, and all, would look very cool next to a starfighter.

What about an Anakin or Obi-Wan packed on top of one of those little droids they stood on above the lava?

One of the best ideas in the last 10 years was taking the deluxe wampa, and making a hoth Luke that fits with the deluxe, or the bacta tank that you could put your FX-7 with, those are where more thoughts and more items need to be made.

I don't think there was a HUGE amount of posts about an item like the deluxe wampa/Luke fitting together, but man everyone I talked to LOVED it!!!!!!!!

It's kind of the old motto where 99 of 100 things are good...you'll only hear about that one bad thing.

Star Wars and toy Collector since 1978(age 7).  currently over 6,500 SW items in my personal collection. Collect modern/vintage and everything in-between ;^)

Offline dafoo

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: general ideas
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2005, 06:52 PM »
Oh baby, good ideas

Instead of the simple foot stands, include connectable sections of a PLAYSET!  Don't make the whole playset that you claim won't sell, just use the sections to justify the price hike that we all know it coming.

Imagine a set of like 12 figures all with a piece to the playset, perhaps a couple of Deluxe figures wiht larger pieces of the playset. And THEN have screen scenes and battle packs with bigger still,

make them all connect into a massive playset..  *drools and almost passes out*
who Learned you To spoke!

Offline bobafett14

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Pennsylvania Star Wars Collectors Society
Re: general ideas
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2005, 11:35 AM »
Well, they are still doing variations on more of my ideas, they just announced the senate batle pack with a senate pod.

They must like my ideas, they've done many in the past.  Be nice to see these continue.  As I was hoping for and posted before, I'd rather see a moisture evaporator pack-in, but I'll take a senate pod.

they screwed up my "vs. 2 pack" idea.  Should have just put 2 figs on a blister with some accessories, instead of those huge window boxes with the bases, and sticks to move the figures around...horrible translation of a good idea that STILL needs to be done.

Star Wars and toy Collector since 1978(age 7).  currently over 6,500 SW items in my personal collection. Collect modern/vintage and everything in-between ;^)