Author Topic: Thanks for ROTS # 55: SA Obi Wan  (Read 3223 times)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Thanks for ROTS # 55: SA Obi Wan
« on: November 25, 2005, 11:02 AM »
Hasbro, in case you haven't noticed, we all love ROTS #55, Obi-Wan! Accross the board, I think it's hailed as one of the best figures in the ROTS line and, dare I say, one of the best since the line relaunched in 1995. It's amazing how well intergrated SA joints bring a figure to life, and I think this would make an excellent standard for all the major characters.

Well done, and thank you very much!
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Clone Commander

• Jedi Padawan
  • I ate my Lama!
    • View Profile
Re: Thanks for ROTS # 55: SA Obi Wan
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2005, 06:58 PM »
yeah man!
This obi-wan was perfect!
I would love to see an episode 3 anakin version with this body.
Great work!
Clone Commander Appo.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2005, 07:06 PM »
Well said, Anthony!  The only thing I would recommend for a figure like this is to clearly mark it as super articulated, since the body is basically covered by the cloak.  I think this figure sat on the shelves a lot longer than it should have because people weren't aware how good this figure really was "hiding" under that cloak.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2005, 07:45 PM »
I'll add my thanks.  The review is posted on this one, and I gave it glowing praise.  One of the best of the modern line even, not just the ROTS line.  Nicely done and I hope more and more figures like this are due out for the future.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2005, 04:15 AM »
I'll say thanks, too.  By far the best PT fig, maybe the best modern SW fig.  I'd love to see many other core characters get this kind of treatment now that we know Hasbro can pull out all the stops.

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2005, 12:45 PM »
If noted on packaging the SA aspect as aforementioned, I think you stand to make a load of cash if all remaining figs become SA. It should be the new standard. Look at these replies...customer satisfaction and nothing negative!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2005, 04:40 AM »
Yeah, I kinda long for the day where I'm more critical of sculpt and paint than I am of articulation...  Unfortunately it's the current anchor holding many figures down.

In all honesty the Cantina Wave was, for me, the ideal "standard" and then Hasbro could sprinkle these truly SA figures like Pilot Obi-Wan around here and there...  One or two a year, and army builders would be a must for this level of articulation but mains could get the SA treatment too periodically.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77