Author Topic: OT on Video  (Read 1793 times)

Offline TheBlackDog65

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
OT on Video
« on: January 19, 2006, 08:59 PM »
I have a friend who asked me today if I knew where he could order or buy a set of the orginial movies without the extended part (outiside of eBay). He wants a set of what he saw as a kid. Does anyone know where or have a link?  Thanks for the help.
"For too long gentleness has been equated with weakness.  Yet it takes more strength to be gentle than to be mean."

John Keeshan

Wants: Saga Wave 3

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
Re: OT on Video
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2006, 12:39 AM »
Your best bet is probably going to be happening upon one in an old junk shop (antique store?) or something of the like... That, or making friends with someone who has the originals on tape, and own a VHS/DVD recorder.

Boy, I sure wish Lucas would give us the unmolested originals...

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: OT on Video
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2006, 10:47 PM »
Your best bet for that would definitely be ebay, since those were never put out on DVD, and the VHS/Laserdisc versions of those films are long out of print. However, since it is illegal to sell such items on ebay, and people have gotten their accounts suspended for it, you might want to look elsewhere, usually any kind of local comic show has one or two of those guys selling bootleg stuff like that. Of course, be prepared to shell out $25 - $30 each for those flicks on DVD. At least, that's what I've seen them going for at the shows.