Author Topic: Darth Vader's death  (Read 7414 times)

Offline Ginanalbri

• Youngling
  • My destiny is to be a Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Darth Vader's death
« on: November 25, 2005, 01:37 PM »
How did Darth Vader really die? Because he was once zapped. So why would he die the second time. And it was not taking off the mask because he told Luke it was to late for that. So how did Darth Vader really die?
 ???
SRWS

Offline Carjup Bejewel

• Youngling
  • The dark side always prevails!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Darth Vader's death
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2005, 04:22 PM »
It actually was because the mask was tooken off. He needed that for survival.

Offline Ginanalbri

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2005, 05:31 PM »
Yeah but Darth Vader said it was already to late he was going to die anyway. top that ;D
SRWS

Offline Clone Commander

• Jedi Padawan
  • I ate my Lama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2005, 05:33 PM »
I think the sith lightening had over-riden his life support and caused it to break down, also the mast thing.
Clone Commander Appo.

Offline Ginanalbri

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2005, 06:23 PM »
The reson was really from that when he was younger and was zapped he was healthy, but now he was bearly staying alive now. so it was the zapping.
SRWS

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama! So what?!?
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I work on Antarctic bugs!!!
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2005, 04:47 PM »
Gosh you are right on the money with that one; and all these years I thought it was something he ate.  Silly me. 

I guess that eat and wait two hours to lightsaber duel rule is pure crap. :P
You are never alone when there's a clone.

"Feel don't think"...and she slapped me right after I said it too.

Offline Clone Commander

• Jedi Padawan
  • I ate my Lama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2005, 11:06 PM »
It sure is. :)
Clone Commander Appo.

Offline Carjup Bejewel

• Youngling
  • The dark side always prevails!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 3, 2005, 12:21 PM »
It couldn't have been the lightning when he was younger. That would mean he wouldn't have been the choosen one because he was weaker.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 3, 2005, 01:10 PM »
Huh? This conversation is really difficult to follow.

I don't think it's important how he died. It's just important that he died. I'm afraid if you put a "how" with it, you can get something as silly as Padme dieing of a broken heart.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 3, 2005, 04:00 PM »

Amen!

I don't think it's important how he died. It's just important that he died.

Yes!  And "why" he died -- to save Luke and redeem himself.

I'm afraid if you put a "how" with it, you can get something as silly as Padme dieing of a broken heart.

Amen! Amen!

« Last Edit: December 3, 2005, 04:02 PM by tamidala »
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(

Offline blaster_e11

• Jedi Initiate
  • Charming to the last
    • View Profile
    • My blog
« Reply #10 on: December 7, 2005, 10:47 AM »

I'm afraid if you put a "how" with it, you can get something as silly as Padme dieing of a broken heart.

something similar happened in my family during WWI though
"Wars don't make one great"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #11 on: December 8, 2005, 01:21 AM »

And since Anton mentions this, I'm going to reinforce a point...

When you're posting things on our forums (and this isn't being directed specifically, just heed these words as I know you'll be able to guess if they apply to you), think about what you're saying and how you're saying it AT ALL TIMES.  Type clearly, make your points clearly, watch spelling and grammar as closely as you can please.  This community's dominated by adults, and as such there's standards to be met or posts look bad and can kill conversations.  We don't want that.

This is just a general post of advice/suggestions from your friendly neighborhood staff member.  Next time I'll send a PM as the not-so-friendly neighborhood staff member. :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 8, 2005, 06:50 AM »

something similar happened in my family during WWI though

Julien -- I am very sorry for what your family went through during WWI.  I do believe that people can die of a broken heart or can lose the will to live.  The problem I have is that I feel that explanation was a cop out on GL's part as an explanation for Padme's death -- it didn't fit with her character or the events.  I believe someone as strong as her doesn't simply give up -- especially when she has just become a mother.  There were many other ways to explain her death that made better sense. 
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 8, 2005, 02:26 PM »
Hmmm... We're only talking about a movie here so...let's keep this simple :P

Vader's death was an enactement of sensible script

just think- It was Luke's time now- the torch passing- Anakin time was over
                  - Had Vader/Annakin lived how would you fit that in a script that
                    folks would buy into? Yeah I could really see Annakin reminiscing
                    about all the years-bragging about sith functions like slaying jedi
                    destroying planets ect with Luke-like that would go over well ::)
                  - Martyrismesque reason - because he died by turning good at the
                    end it made a better story
                  - the movie is more powerful at the end when the bad guy you
                    love to hate is actually a good guy after all(now you're love for
                    him is justified!) (my fav. reason I used to love watching Vader
                    choke the little bitch who got in his way or dissapointed him-
                    greaat!)     
« Last Edit: December 8, 2005, 02:49 PM by Darth Slothus »

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 8, 2005, 04:09 PM »
great point tamidala.  i really feel that padme was kind of given the shaft in rots.  she was built up to be a strong female character through tpm & aotc balls to the walls kind of girl, but it seems that once she got pregnant she became this very weak character with no real personality at all.  she was not even the same person to me.  but this is supposed to be a discussion about vader's death and it would seem to be a number of things: lightning bolts pretty much straight to the head might make you go a little numb.  lightning shorting out the numerous things that keep anakin "normal."  i've started reading some of the new book i think it's called the rise of vader, and it goes into a pretty good description of what makes vader run.  also with the probable short in his breather anankin can breath for a short while on his own and that in itself probably wore him out physically.  although if you really think about it i think that the whole losing the will to live thing is better suited to anakin, finally realizing how wrong he was and how much it's cost him and how much guilt he must have carried in the few short moments he had left.  if i were him and came to that realization i pretty sure i wouldn't want to live another second either. 
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge