Author Topic: Muppets  (Read 58578 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Muppets
« Reply #135 on: March 10, 2004, 02:49 PM »
If there are any left once StarWarsShop comes back online, I'm down for one too.  I have always liked the Muppet line, and although I have been unable to collect it, I don't want to pass this one up.  Is anyone else around these boards still collecting the rest of the line?  From what I have heard/read Target is not going to carry these anymore?  So is it just TRU (or online/speciality shops) for these now?  I kind of wish there was a way to pick up some of the older figures, for reasonable prices.  But, while I'm wishing, I wish there was a regular Rowlf coming out besides the one exclusive to the playset.  He was my favorite Muppet, but not sure if I want to spend the moolah to get the whole playset just to get him (although it looks great).  A very tempting line though....

Offline buffet1fan

• Youngling
  • son of a !!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: March 10, 2004, 05:49 PM »
If anyone doesn't get one from starwarsshop, let me know i can pick up four from the palisades cc. I only charge cost and shipping.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: March 11, 2004, 11:52 AM »
If anyone doesn't get one from starwarsshop, let me know i can pick up four from the palisades cc. I only charge cost and shipping.

I'll vouch for that.  My wife's birthday is only 9 days away and she has a tour animal coming to her thanks to you :)
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: March 15, 2004, 01:00 PM »
Although I still don't have any figures from this line, I have been really tempted lately to start in picking up a few of my favorites.  My wife and I picked up one of those "Best of the Muppet Show" DVDs this past weekend, so that doesn't help either I suppose.  I'll probably hold off and see if I can get an Indy Kermit to start things, but Palisades really does a nice job with this line.  Anyways, Action-Figure.com has some pics from "Megacon" that includes some upcoming Muppets pics.  I think that Sweetums figure looks pretty nice.  Anyone else here still collecting this line?

Megacon Muppets Pics
« Last Edit: March 15, 2004, 01:02 PM by mosnab »

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: March 15, 2004, 01:08 PM »
[Homer]mmmmm, Sweetums[/Homer]

That is one awesome figure and the one I've been waiting for.  He freaks my wife out, so I can't wait to bring him home.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: March 15, 2004, 04:09 PM »
In case anyone didn't see it, I was looking around Palisades' site today and they have some updates in the Muppet Bits including pics of the backstage playset with Gaffer the Cat.  Also, today they posted a new update with a pic of an upcoming exclusive "Super Beaker" figure.  Most of you probably already knew this stuff, but I'm new to reading about the line so thought I would post it just in case:

Muppet Bits 3/9/04

Muppet Bits 3/15/04

Offline buffet1fan

• Youngling
  • son of a !!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: March 15, 2004, 05:12 PM »
Ordered my Indy Kermit yesterday and today the status went from processing to sent to warehouse. I have started to just collect the Muppets from the Muppet show and the movies . I didn’t watch much of the Muppet tonight show so I’m not real familiar with all of the characters form that show. However in the future if I like the looks of a figure or if it is an exclusive I’ll probably get it. I just can’t stay away from exclusives.

Offline buffet1fan

• Youngling
  • son of a !!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: March 16, 2004, 08:28 PM »
IF anyone has a target near by they have marked down all of their muppets stuff, series six is marked down to six dollars, and the pigs in space playset was 24 dollars and the mega muppets were down to 17 dollars.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #143 on: March 18, 2004, 09:58 AM »
I saw the Swedish Chef playset there for $24 too....I have not been back to Target since, I know that thing is going to come home with me if I see it enough :-X

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #144 on: March 18, 2004, 10:48 AM »
Picked up Statler & Waldorf at my Target for $4.xx--and the rest of that wave was the same price.  They also had the Pigs in Space playset for $17.xx, and a large Beaker for $12.xx.

I've got an extra TRU exclusive Kermit in Tuxedo, too--if anyone needs it, drop me a line. . .
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline buffet1fan

• Youngling
  • son of a !!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: March 18, 2004, 02:27 PM »
If anyone needs a tour animal or a indy kermit let me know. I still have a animal and can get three more kermits.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: March 18, 2004, 02:39 PM »
bullet1fan....I might be interested (especially in the Kermit) if I'm not able to get one through StarWarsShop.com (if it ever opens again).  I'll let you know, but if you have someone else that needs one before then that is fine too.  Thanks so much.

Offline buffet1fan

• Youngling
  • son of a !!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: March 22, 2004, 06:35 PM »
 ;D Just got in my indy kermit. I must say i like all of the muppets but this one blows them all away. Since i am a indy fan and a muppet fan the only thing better would be muppets from the mark hamill episode. This is a must for all indy fans. Best figure ever!!!!

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: March 25, 2004, 11:31 AM »
Just noticed that Palisades posted an update yesterday (3/24) which includes a number of pictures of the upcoming Sweetums figure.  I think that it looks pretty good, and I'm curious as to how he will be priced.  You can check out pics of the big scary guy over here:

Sweetums Pics from Palisades Toys

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: March 25, 2004, 01:49 PM »
Thanks for the link, that's great news.  Another one my wife would love to have (yes, I am collecting these vicariously through her).  

Is this the picture of the assortment he's in?  If so, that's fantastic.  Three of the other figures she's asked about are Bunsen, Beaker and Swedish Chef, but we have no need/room/desire to get the playset.  What a great assortment.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.