Author Topic: Muppets  (Read 58612 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Muppets
« Reply #150 on: March 25, 2004, 01:53 PM »
I'm definitely no expert on Muppets stuff, but I'm pretty sure that grouping of figures are actually "mini-muppets", which I think are sort of PVC type figures.  I'm not entirely sure though, that's just what I thought.  I wish my wife wanted to collect the Muppets, I have a hard enough time trying to talk her into letting me get a few :P.  That's ok, we probably don't have the money or space anyways...although I did get the approval for an Indy Kermit :).  Sweetums looks nice though, would be a great one to have too I think.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #151 on: March 25, 2004, 01:59 PM »
I think mosnab is right...those are mini figs

Has Target dropped the line now too?  Seems like every retailer (except Suncoast/Sam Goody???) is out...not good :-\

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: March 25, 2004, 02:05 PM »
I'm not sure on this either, but I thought I had read somewhere that Target was dropping the line, but Toys R Us was picking it back up...at least for this year.  I can't remember for sure what assortment they were starting back up with, but I thought it was the next one...I could be wrong though.  It would stink if it was that limited though, and missing from most of the major retailers....especially for such a great line.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #153 on: March 25, 2004, 02:08 PM »
Man that does not sound good at all, a tough year for toys jsut got even tougher

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: March 25, 2004, 02:54 PM »
Oh :-[ :'(  Dang.  I was hoping to get her one of each of those guys.  Guess I'll go back to scouring ebay for them.  Pity.  

Also a pity on the number of retailers carrying these though it could always be worse, you could be in Canada.  Outside of comic shops, only TRU has carried these and only series 1 & 4.  Comic shops charge $16.99 per fig, so after taxes nearly $20  :-\
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline buffet1fan

• Youngling
  • son of a !!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: March 25, 2004, 05:08 PM »
 Target has dropped the Muppets line and are clearing the shelves in a hurry. . Toysrus will be picking them up but the steppin out gonzo that was a target exclusive will become a collectors club exclusives .

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: March 26, 2004, 10:26 PM »
BBTS has the Indy Kermit and Samuel Arrow convention exclusive bundled together for $27 plus shipping.  Pretty good deal for both I would think.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Padawan

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: March 31, 2004, 01:32 PM »
I just decided a couple of weeks ago, that this line will be my new adventure.  They look great and I was a huge Muppets fan when I was younger.  I went ahead and got rid of a few things to fund this collection.  I'm going to try and get my hands on everything I can.  So far I have ordered 52 of them including all the playsets, a ton of exclusives, and a ton of variant's.  I'm planning on opening the playsets and the regular figure's and will probably leave the exclusive's and variants in their packages.  I also ordered all 3 Mega Muppets.  I got all of this for around $900.00 shipped so I thought I did pretty well.  Had to give some things up such as AFA graded Tortured Souls series 1 and some other good stuff, but I think I will be really happy with my decision.  I will be sure to post pics after everything arrives.   ;D    

Offline Padawan

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: April 2, 2004, 06:03 PM »
My first Muppet's have arrived.  Many more to come.   ;D

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #159 on: April 13, 2004, 02:51 AM »
I'm sure you Muppets collectors and fans have already been discussing this, but I just caught a glimpse of the upcoming "Backstage" playset, and just like all the prior playsets, it's absolutely awesome!  God, I wish Hasbro could do something/anything like this with the SW line.   :'(

I also wish I had the money and space to collect the Muppet line, 'cause it absolutely rocks, and the playsets are second to none.  In case you haven't seen the Backstage set yet, it's in the latest issue of Lee's/Action Figure News.  I guess it was shown at Toyfair, so this is probably totally old news.

I never chimed in about the Indiana Jones Kermit either, I don't think.  I got the chance to play with one of these at the L.A. Wizard World convention, and it's absolutely awesome.  Incredible detail, outstanding articulation, great accessories, etc.  Doesn't get much better than this.  (didn't buy it though)

The coolest feature on him is his removable hat.  I noticed from afar that it came off his head, so when I got the chance to play with it, I was expecting a little peg in the hat, and hole in the head - but NO.  The hat is freaking magnetic!  How damned cool is that?!?  And it's a strong magnet too, not like that cheap ass crap that Hasbro puts in the SW figures.  Fits like a charm, and the magnet is completely invisible.  You have no idea it's even there 'til you set the hat on his noggin.  You can hang Kermit upside down and shake him and the hat won't come off, but it's easily removable with your figures.  Way too cool.

Did I mention that this line is awesome?!   :-\

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #160 on: April 25, 2004, 03:57 AM »
Is the Steppin' Out Kermit in tux a hard to find figure? I picked it up tonight at TRU on clearance.

There's about three more left at my local TRU if anyone here needs 'em.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Padawan

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: April 30, 2004, 02:00 PM »
Just got my Mega Camilla yesterday.  She is sweet.   ;D

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: May 2, 2004, 04:51 AM »
This is really an outstanding line. The Muppet figs look incredible. I'm not collecting the line, but I had to have Kermit when they came out. I also got Adventure Kemit, and man, he is one of the coolest figures of any line, ever.  :)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #163 on: May 7, 2004, 10:42 AM »
Got my Kermit and he looks great...I also saw there are plans to release the Swedish Chef on a card.  I may have to buy him too

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: May 7, 2004, 12:35 PM »
I got both my Kermits too.  8)  Big Thanks to Dave for helping me out.  

A Swedish Chef.  8)  Luuks leeke-a I veell hefe-a tu peeck heem tu tuu! Bork Bork Bork!  ;D