Author Topic: A Song of Ice and Fire / Game of Thrones Figures!  (Read 61180 times)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: A Song of Ice and Fire / Game of Thrones Figures!
« Reply #180 on: April 8, 2019, 09:10 AM »
Tuesday Morning has the old 3.75" figures if anyone cares. I grabbed another White Walker for $5 yesterday. They also had the Wall playset for $15.

I saw the Wall playset at my local Tuesday morning store.  It was kind of tempting at $15, but I don't know if I can put it to good use for a Hoth diorama just now.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: April 8, 2019, 10:02 AM »
I really like my Wall Playset, but there are two knocks against it for using it as a Star Wars display:

1--The foot pegs are too large for modern SW figures. this wouldn't be as big of an issue if the ground had any kind of flat spots, but it is all smooth rolling mounds that entice unpegged figures to fall down. I didn't try any of the vintage Kenner figures, but they may fit the pegs. More importantly,

2--the playset is designed with the wooden platform at the top as an integral part. Without it you have a big weird hole in the top of the display. I have thought about coming up with something Hoth-ish to cover the hole, but the inspiration has never hit.

Tyrion is the only figure I own now, but I would like to go back and get some of the Crows and Free Folk to display on there. Pity the themed nature of the release and the paint-app issues killed the line after one wave.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: April 11, 2019, 09:52 AM »
That's Funko's MO sadly, half-assed unfinished lines.

I saw the new 6" McFarlane GoT figures at Target the other day. Was not terribly impressed. The final versions look pretty rough IMO.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: April 11, 2019, 10:30 AM »
Isn't that always the case?  We see these really impressive versions that are hand painted for shows like Toy Fair or SDCC or the retail solicitations, but the production versions look less than stellar.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: April 11, 2019, 12:15 PM »
These look pretty nice.  Can't tell what kind of articulation they have beyond the arms, but nice sculpting for the first round.  I'm not a big McFarlane fan because I feel like they're more statues than figures in many cases, but these would be tempting if they are on on par with Black Series figs.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today