Community > Other Toy Lines

Official 1:18 Military Toys Thread (21st, BBI, FOV, etc)

<< < (2/167) > >>

JediMAC:
Ugh.  Looking at that figure makes me ill Jesse!  It clearly illustrates what CAN be done with a figure when a company puts its mind to it!  Makes me more than a tad envious of that line's detail and articulation.  Very nice!  How many points there - 14?

Angry Ewok:
Nope, 16 points!

They articulated the elbow with joints AND A SWIVEL so that you can pose his arms pointing outward or inward... you're choice!

21sC is incredible.

Angry Ewok:
JJ, where can I see a picture of the 1:18 Pattons?! I've looked everywhere! The pitbull is awesome, lol...

And yes, making a Rebel General Patton is probably the coolest custom one could make... I can see it now...

"Now we've got the Imps by the nose, and we'll kick them in the ass! Attack! Attack! and Attack!, and Never stop attacking!"

Jesse James:
Actually, there's some with 18 points...

1 neck
1 waist
2 shoulder
2 bicep
2 elbow
2 wrist
2 hip/thigh
2 knee
2 boot top/shoe top

And some figures (U.S. Paratroopers, P-38 pilot, etc...) have 2 mid-thigh cut joints so their thigh pivots at the center as well.  If you ever see a P-38/Corsair pilot up close, it's got the most amazing detail and articulation you could want!

PLUS, many figures come with a second set of "Extremely posed" arms.  They pop right off and on with the articulated arms.  I dont' use the posed arms ever, but I do sometimes swap the posed hands off with the articulated arms set of hands.  

What's even funnier is BBi's figures...  Their articulation goes like this:

1 neck
1 waist
2 ball/socket shoulder
2 bicep
2 angle joint (like rft's knee joints) elbows
2 wrist
2 hip/thigh
2 knee
2 ball/socket ankle

AND all BBi parts are interchangeable...  You can pop every piece off them and put it on another guy.  Plus BBi give you accessories galore like belts, functioning holsters, helmets, goggles, etc...

BBi's accessories are flimsy though (Make Hasbro's look sturdy), and the articulation can look a bit noticeable in some areas (The ankle and shoulder joints particularly), but they've improved their 1:18 they're releasing this year and they look 100% better.

BBi's stuff is $1 cheaper too, coming in at Hasbro's $4.99 MSRP, AND, BBi pays a few licensing fees as well.  To top that off they're about half the size of 21st Century Toys is, which is dwarfed by Hasbro itself.

Not bad for small companies eh?

Angry Ewok:
My newest dio... Pure gold.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version