Author Topic: Official 1:18 Military Toys Thread (21st, BBI, FOV, etc)  (Read 362103 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Official 1:18 Military Toys Thread (21st, BBI, FOV, etc)
« Reply #630 on: April 27, 2010, 02:53 PM »
Plus $7.99's a VERY fair price for these.  They're highly detailed, very nice figures.  I know some folks affiliated with the company and they're really pretty spiffy figures.  My only complaint has been the non-removable sunglasses, and that's minor.

They're really some of the best modern military figures I've ever seen...  Fantastic stuff.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: May 6, 2010, 07:38 AM »
My case of OurArmy figures are on the plane from HK right now.  So everybody expect a review from Jesse after I send him his the next day.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #632 on: May 6, 2010, 09:18 PM »
 ???
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: May 16, 2010, 08:18 PM »
They are here, but my contact shorted me, I only got a full set.  I will take some photos then send them out to JJ

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #634 on: June 2, 2010, 04:29 PM »
I got my Sidecar kit to the IJ motorcycle...  It comes with extra wheels to replace the non-open-spoked IJ wheels too, and a back seat to the bike.  Pretty cool.  Plus the MG34 pivots/rotates just as it should.  A lot of work to get the kit ready to build though, as with all resin kits.

Offline margerison

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: June 2, 2010, 07:23 PM »
Not cheap, but gorgeous nonetheless...

Here's some custom kits from "Grunt1" over on the Small Scale Headquarters boards.  To me, these are as good as production product.  They're resin though so prices are high on short-run kits like this.

And second, a Pack Howitzer:

The resin kits coming out from guys are quite impressive...  They're also quite expensive again, but that's the cost of resin kits in general so it's not unprecedented.  It's just above many's ability to afford.  I know I can't justify the pricier items.  $20 or $30 I'm ok with, but when they're $80 to $100 I have to weigh that "4 or 5 tanks of gas" question. :)
Love that Howitzer,its perfect for my project. is there any way to buy one or get in contact with the guy who make thems?
What other resin products does he make?

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #636 on: June 2, 2010, 07:25 PM »
Grunt made the tri-pod for the MG-34 as well...  I'm not sure if he's done making those or not.  The kits are usually short-runs before the molds are destroyed.  I'll see if I can get his contact info.

Offline margerison

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: June 5, 2010, 01:56 PM »
I hope he still makes them, but if not thanks for your help anyways.
Is it possible to contact him by email or pm?

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #638 on: June 21, 2010, 01:57 AM »
I directed him this way if he's interested in making more...  It's my understanding, I think anyway, that he'd have to make new molds though.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #639 on: July 23, 2010, 12:09 AM »
So I keep getting word that the "Our War" line of figures, which made modern 101st Airborne troops, is pretty darn close to showing off their 2nd series, World War 2...

I'm hearing they'll start basic, but I don't know the details so I don't know much.  I can't wait! :)

Their Airborne figures looked amazing, and so anything is going to be a boon to the 1:18 hobby which is currently dead in the water (though All-Go is re-evaluating their next step I guess, as the "Passion Wagon" P-51 was cancelled for some reason).

In the interim I'm doing a bit of research on a veteran from WW2, and just dreaming of what that 21st Cent. Toys B-25 would've/could've been.   :'(

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: August 2, 2010, 10:50 PM »
I don't really know the lingo, but I'm looking for a 1:18 figure in military official gear.  Something like this:

Do any of you military 1:18 guys know where I could pick up something like that?
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: August 3, 2010, 10:01 PM »
Meh.  I settled on this guy:

But if there are any suggestions, I'm all ears.
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #642 on: August 4, 2010, 03:21 AM »
Well, there WAS a line in the 1980's, and it was all military figures in their dress uniforms (Army, Marines, Airforce, and Navy were all there).  They had articulation likek vintage Indiana jones figures with the knee joints but the arms just moved at the shoulders and whatnot.

They were some knock-off company but made alright figures actually, at that time, and they'd look ok today...  Damn I cannot for the life of me recall that lines' name or the company name even.  :(

I can't find them on Ebay either or I'd probably buy some myself.

Sorry Ryan...  The only other option I could suggest is maybe the Russian Officer from the Indian Jones line, modified a good bit.  :-\

Offline margerison

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: August 6, 2010, 10:09 PM »
I don't really know the lingo, but I'm looking for a 1:18 figure in military official gear.  Something like this:

Do any of you military 1:18 guys know where I could pick up something like that?
Stumble upon a Joe Marine in his Navy Blue class A's. hope that's some help
http://joeparts.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=12729&zenid=adaf2bbef2ab4755aefa25b18e337897
http://joeparts.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=12730&zenid=adaf2bbef2ab4755aefa25b18e337897

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #644 on: August 7, 2010, 03:36 AM »
BTW, Power Team Elite gear's showing up at Big Lots for its annual onslaught of cheap, but cool toys tha twork with GI Joe, Star Wars, and 1:18 military stuff in genearl.

There's some of the new Chinese hardware turning up too, like their tank and whatnot.  Pretty neat stuff.