Author Topic: Official 1:18 Military Toys Thread (21st, BBI, FOV, etc)  (Read 362159 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: The Official 21st Century Toys Thread
« Reply #75 on: June 18, 2004, 01:24 AM »
BBI's new Spec. Forces guys are leaking out...

The guy with the green beret and stinger has a custom head though from what I read who posted this image at Joe Customs.

They look nifty though.

I am still hping for some BETTER things from BBI though.  Changes in articulation, overall quality, etc...  Hopefully soon.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 18, 2004, 01:51 AM »
Now those look nice! I might have to buy a few to flesh out my Rebel Forces.

What kind of weapon does the one on the left have? Looks kinda odd.
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #77 on: June 18, 2004, 02:01 AM »
It's the one shouolder-mounted rocket launcher...  That came with the recon dirt-bike guy.  I'm unsure the name, but it has a box with a hose that mounts to it.  I'm assuming it's laser-guided due to the gear it comes with.

On the bike it can rest on the rack on the front oof the handlebars.  
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 18, 2004, 02:06 AM »
I'm sure that'd be pretty hard to carry into battle. Now the bretes are detachable correct? If so I could 'justify' buying about 2 each.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #79 on: June 19, 2004, 02:01 AM »
I've heard they are seperate of the figures, so that's cool to me.  I already have some custom ideas in mind for the berets and Star Wars.

I really wish BBI would go into WW2 stuff.  Even if all they did was allies, it'd at least be SOMETHING out there considering how 21st's dropping the ball with figures.

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 19, 2004, 02:18 AM »
I know, I really doubt we'll ever see the Marines or the Patton figures. Sad really, I truley thought 21C was the future, however BBi seems to be doing a decent job, even if we only have one side fighting.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #81 on: June 19, 2004, 02:51 AM »
BotB are due out, supposedly, soon, with Patton mixed in...  The case ratios are creeping up on sites like Small Blue Planet and others.

I'm curious to see what happens...  I'd like more BotB even.

The fact 21st isn't even doing many ground vehicles sucks though.  They only do planes, and while nice, with nice figures, they really are missing the fast money maker in figures right now.

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 19, 2004, 06:30 AM »
True. What was the deal with that German Infantry pack? Seemed kinda odd to me seeing as how supposedly came with broken figures sans guns.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #83 on: June 21, 2004, 12:32 AM »
Everything I could gather on that was it was, more or less, a scam on SMB's part to dump sloppy product they've come across in their stockrooms or have gotten 2nd hand.

I'm not sure though, so don't quote me on that, but I hear worse and worse things about Small Blue Planet.  BadCat Toys and some others seem to be taking over in the toy soldier dept., and I know just by the negative attention SMB's gotten I'm going to definitely hold off on ordering from them ever.

Their prices are outfreakin'rageous sometimes I've noticed too.

1:18 military toys DON'T have the same support from etailers that Star Wars seems to get.  Not that the companies themselves are even that "sturdy" to begin with...  21st most of all.

21st makes the best action figures I've seen (as far as overall articulation, sculpt, etc.), but they just don't have a sturdy basis to make product it seems.

Dragon, if they made heavily articulated figures, would DOMINATE the military action figure market.  I wish so much that they'd get off their duffs and stop with the pre-posed figures.

21st's best is overall better to me, even if their sculpt and accessories aren't what Dragons are.  They just make a 100x more playable figure.  A more "fun" figure.

Too bad they just don't TRY to make figures.

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 27, 2004, 09:02 AM »
BoB is now available at SBP.

I wish I had the funds for some of those Germans. Maybe convert one into a Soviet, since we're nver gonna get one.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #85 on: June 28, 2004, 01:07 AM »
Yeah, I wanna get some of those, but the $7.99 tag's scaring me off.  May try ordering a case assortment instead since they came to TRU retail then.

Wanna nab some Dragn figures on sale too...

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #86 on: July 2, 2004, 09:06 PM »
Okay I've been out of the loop as of late when it comes to 21stC, but where the hell are the Pacific Front figures that were supposed to be coming out? My TRU doesn't seem to carry the action figures anymore but every once and awhile they'll have a few vehicles. God help me, I'm out of the loop.  :'(

No Eastern Campaign (soviets verse germans) yet?  :'(

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #87 on: July 2, 2004, 11:40 PM »
On hold...  I talked to a 21st rep and he said they ARE coming, and other reps have said '05 for the Japanese and Marines...

They looked awesome, I mean they really were outstanding, "hardened" looking soldiers...  Though the Japs never did show up, but I imagine they'd have been great looking too, and they've BEEN mentioned so I hope we're getting them too.

I think the modern figures were due out first...  They had 2 Afghan "Freedom Fighters" and some varius U.S. and British SAS figures I think...  Some of those guys have leaked out into mainstream through vehicle pack-ins.

Anyway, there is some news...

The BotB figures are out, and I'm not sure but this may include Patton figures as well...

The FW-190 is out too on the west coast and includes a new German Pilot.  I gotta see it before I buy it.

BotB is only available online, but the German Infantry are already being touted as the "best figures ever", namely the open great-coat soldier.

I want to get a case because individually they're $7, but for a case of 12 (including 1 of each Patton, 1 of each U.S., 1 German Tanker, and 2 of each German infantry) they're $6.  Not sure if cases are in, but individual figures ARE so I'm assuming cases are too.

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 3, 2004, 12:03 AM »
I'm pretty sure the cases are in, as with Patton. You sure about the two of each German? I was under the impression it was one of each figure, like all 3 Pattons.

I still want some first series figs with better articulation. Hell, I'd take straight up re-releases.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #89 on: July 3, 2004, 01:06 AM »
Every case breakdown I've seen is an assortment of 12...

-1 MB Driver
-1 U.S. Tanker
-1 U.S. Rifleman w/Mackinaw Coat
-1 U.S. BAR Gunner
-1 Patton Dress
-1 Patton Tunisia
-1 Patton Bulge
-1 German Tanker w/reversable winter/autumn fatigues (wish there were 2 of him and no MB Driver myself)
-2 German with open great coat
-2 German with closed great coat

Total: 12 Figures.

That's a pretty good assortment, other than I'd probably (personally) replace the U.S. Tanker and Jeep Driver with an extra German Tanker and U.S. Rifleman.  

Be more for army building, and the MB Driver flat out sucks balls.