Author Topic: Official 1:18 Military Toys Thread (21st, BBI, FOV, etc)  (Read 362137 times)

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Re: Official 1:18 Military Toys Thread (21st, BBI, FOV, etc)
« Reply #796 on: January 11, 2018, 10:59 AM »
Man, that Base Gate set has all kinds of crossover custom display potential.  :)
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #797 on: January 25, 2018, 01:23 AM »
Thanks for sharing man.  The one with the Jersey barriers, if they’re not single sided, are gonna be awesome.  Otherwise they’re half awesome but yeah that gate set is great.  The Mutt w/Trailer is kinda meh but not bad.  F the fireboat, but the rest is all A+.  Love PTE display stuff.

I got the Quonset Hut this Xmas on amazon and while it wasn’t cheap it was worth it and looks like something Rebels would have.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: January 25, 2018, 01:02 PM »
An odd thing. Someone at a GI JOE message board was finding BBI Elite Force Humvees at a Love's Travel/Truck stops for under $5. There's two locations not that far from me, but I don't feel like making the drive.  Someone else found them for just under $10.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #799 on: January 26, 2018, 12:53 AM »
I hope the new things start to surface at US retailers but it seems like it has been a while since new PTE was at Big Lots.  Just the same old same old for a while.  And even then some of the stuff hasn’t returned that I’d buy more of like the little bunkers or the bridge.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #800 on: February 9, 2018, 10:41 AM »
My Big Lots had a lot less of the PTE stuff this year. They didn't really add much for the holiday season in general for toys though. But, what they did have was pretty much a repeat of previous years. They did have the large, tan building which they don't have every year. I'm not sure if they've ever stocked the bridge set but they had some of the jeeps and small sets, like horse and camel. I don't think they had any helicopters or large APC type vehicles this year (but have in the past).

Those sets linked above do look like they have some good stuff in them. The gate is probably the standout. Put that up with some of the towers and you have the makings for a pretty good dio for a decent price.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #801 on: February 19, 2018, 03:08 AM »

Just wanted to post for the curious, but Marauder Gun Runners are knee deep in their newest Kickstarter, which is all World War II figures and weapons!  They already are very well into stretch goals.  The project was funded within 24 hours and their stretches go from paratroopers and falschimjagers (German paratroopers), to Japanese, US Marines, North African British and German infantry, and so much more! 

This is an ambitious project with tons of new parts simply because there isn't as easy a reuse of parts across the different figures.  Lots of unique tooling going on, tons of new headsculpts, and weapons out the ying yang.

I think if you're at all into this era you're going to love this line!  Jump in now and support it!

https://www.facebook.com/Marauder-Gun-Runners-130280310343512/

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1732159183/marauder-task-force-wwii-1-18-scale-4-inch-action

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #802 on: March 21, 2018, 09:00 PM »
I wound up sticking my foot in the Maraduer Inc. door on their WW2 kickstarter, which got REALLY deep at the last minute and got all the Russians covered.  There's a German with a friggin pack of cigs with a loose cigarette to boot!  He's listed as a Grenadier but basically he's an SS Grenadier, and was a stretch goal unlock.  I wish they'd gotten to the N Africa figures.  Those Brits were amazing and I loved how well they were done.  But I assume Marader will just do another kickstarter later on all the stuff that didn't make the cut.

They're allowing me to basically buy into anything I didn't get and after the barge is paid up, I'll be in a better place to support this line.  I just wanted my foot in the door on it.

The Hiya APC is supposed to be a done deal too this year and that's $750 going out to toys in no time. :-\

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: October 4, 2018, 08:14 AM »
The CORPS aren't realistic military but lately they've been make some things that have potential, such as these amusing sets

http://www.kmart.com.au/product/the-corps-elite!-cyber-kong-beast-strike-toy/1079802?intv_id=10151&cm_cr=No+Campaign-_-Web+Activity-_-Ft_rv_prod-_-Ft_rv_prod-_-The+Corps+Elite%21+Cyber+Kong+Beast+Strike+Toy&catalogId=10102&mpe_id=36942&langId=-1&evtype=CpgnClick&storeId=10701&ddkey=http%3AClickInfo

http://www.kmart.com.au/product/the-corps-elite!-jurassic-attack-beast-strike-toy/1079801

Hey, only two years later and I finally found one of these in a store! Saw Cyber-Kong at Go! Calendars yesterday. No sign of the Rex set, but they did have the Rain Fire copter, albeit ridiculously overpriced.

I have gotten really into collecting The Corps stuff over the past year, so I'm pretty stoked to get another shot at these. Seems like I've been waiting forever for their Jurassic Clash line to hit here.

Hoping we see stuff at Ollies this year too.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: October 7, 2018, 05:51 PM »
Supposedly new CORPS stuff has shipped including Jurassic Clash, but surprise, surprise Wal-Mart's pathetic distribution system isn't doing the line any favors.

The static posed legs and t-crotch figures are being phased out, there's a few more new style figures coming.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #805 on: October 8, 2018, 01:47 AM »
I’d love to see the line improve some.  But yeah Walmart can suck the life out of any toy line it seems.  Target isn’t terribly better given I just now saw the Moloch figure and still haven’t seen a Gammie.  The imperial Trooper pack is barely visible here too.  Our stores are just meh in general.  Thank god for online stores right now.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: October 8, 2018, 09:02 AM »
Supposedly new CORPS stuff has shipped including Jurassic Clash, but surprise, surprise Wal-Mart's pathetic distribution system isn't doing the line any favors.

The static posed legs and t-crotch figures are being phased out, there's a few more new style figures coming.

I heard that! Awesome news.

I found a listing for a "Primal Clash" Dino Wrangler on Walmart.com but it looks like just a placeholder listing and there was nothing else aside from that one.

If anyone spies any of these new sets at their local Walmart, I would love to hear about it! :)

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: October 8, 2018, 04:58 PM »
Someone found this at Wal-Mart for around $20

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: October 8, 2018, 08:50 PM »
Ha! Is that from FB? I already bugged that poor guy for details, lol.  ;D

I can't find any way to search for it on Brickseek, and I don't even know where in the toy section they would put this. But man, I want it badly!

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: November 4, 2018, 07:44 AM »
Macho man on a giant chicken. These are odd enough they could be adapted as Star Wars mounts.

« Last Edit: November 4, 2018, 07:45 AM by Scockery »