Author Topic: Official 1:18 Military Toys Thread (21st, BBI, FOV, etc)  (Read 362994 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: The Official 21st Century Toys Thread
« Reply #405 on: February 13, 2007, 01:19 AM »
Suuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhweet Paul.  :)  I love the 88, crew or not, and would gladly buy the guy with the wicked range finder separately.  The Pak with crewman was a nice buy at $20 though (at $8 it's even better, wink wink).

King Tiger...  I wonder if it'll be fully detailed interior like the Tiger I?  I hope so, as that's a major want for me on all armor.  It's somethign I wish I had on the Panzer's, the Panther, the Sherman...  :(
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: February 13, 2007, 06:44 AM »
Argh...my Wal Marts are experiencing a drought of XD figures...one D-Day tank commander and a D-Day tank driver (with its card undone on 3 out of 4 sides  ::)) are all that's sitting at my WalMart.

And with vehicles, I've never found them. Am I just not looking in the right place, or does my WalMart suck?

:)
My whole expanse...I cannot see...

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #407 on: February 13, 2007, 07:01 AM »
Well, I can safely say from all the info that comes into the Pitt group, your WM is probably the busiest, in the probably busiest area of the city, and your area is filled with the most ebayer/scalper activity (Cranberry probably a close 2nd I'd guess).  21st stuff's as scalpable as anything...

Some WM's just don't get jack in though...  Route 8 gets figures but no vehicles.  Kittanning seems to do well...  The WM in Delmont has zero XD on the pegs  in 1:18 though, just other scales.  No vehicles, no figures and they're slow to restock.  I avoid the Greensburg one at all costs.

The Mills one that is 3 minutes from my gf's place I hit often.  They vary in terms of what they get, but figures tend to come in steadily.  The current glut that's getting blown out was a pallette of stuff that came in right after Christmas, I'm guessing from just the stockroom, and I'm guessing it was stuff there before CHristmas that they felt they couldn't devote shelf space to or it got lost in the shuffle...  Now things are getting cleared at $8 a piece for the $20 vehicles, and $35 Avengers...  Lots of stuff but not "the norm" by any means, just a fluke.

For the price of a SW vehicle though you can't pass up to-scale halftracks jeeps and cannons though, haha.

Yeah though, definitely not the normal way things work...  WM almost has an exclusive deal on XD...  They don't have rights to it, but they're the only retailer taking the chance on carrying large ticket World War 2 items like that, and so they seemingly do with it as they please.  They dedicate very little space and if things back up they're quick to clearance XD it seems.  Why I do not know.

Avengers were non-existant in Pitt and now they're all half price.  I never saw the new halftracks or Pak 40 at full price anywhere either and I'd gladly have paid $20 for any of those.  I wouldn't have gotten an Avenger because planes aren't my thing, but $35 for the biggest WW2 plane they've made (ever) since the P-38 Lightning?  Yeah I'll take one.

At $8 the HT's are blowing out and the US one is all gone already.  The PAK's are soon to be gone too (partly thanks to me).  The German HT's are lingering a bit longer but still a steal at that price.

We have 2 full pegs of D-Day too with smattering of Japanese mixed in.

Nirvana, are you accumulating extra accessories from these figures?  Extra heads too perhaps (especially the Japanese stuff)?  I'm curious and would like to see if you're selling anything like rifles and such.  I need extra stuff to outfit some of my collection and I know you use these for custom SW stuff and the parts may not mean as much, especially the WW2 era rifles and whatnot. 

I'm interested in buying some of it off you if you do have anything.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #408 on: March 1, 2007, 02:48 AM »
B-25 Bomber...  to-scale... 

Do I need to tell you more?  Well tough **** because there's not much detail to the story other than a 1:18 B-25 Mitchell is coming, it's a done deal, and takes XD stuff to a 100% new plateau...

Forget that.  It takes toys to a new plateau.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #409 on: March 6, 2007, 07:42 PM »
21st Cent. Toys rumors are circulating about their next line of figures... 

A set from the movie Platoon were rumored last year, and they're still being touted as coming out soon, and that these figures will have a new feature that may be duplicated by other toy manufacturers.  Interesting to know what this may be... 

Considering the B-25 they're going to make, I put nothing past this company at this point.  They really do shame some other toy companies in terms of what they accomplish. 

Hasbro's copied some 21st designs in the past due to their innovation, so we'll see.

I'm just amped at the thought of Platoon figures. :)  I want a Tom Berrenger Jedi Knight.

Offline Clone Commander

• Jedi Padawan
  • I ate my Lama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: March 24, 2007, 02:15 PM »
Wow, Platoon eh?
I want a Johnny Depp 'Nam fighter!
Sounds really cool and I cant wait, but where are they sold?
Clone Commander Appo.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #411 on: March 27, 2007, 12:26 AM »
Wal-Mart...  And online also. 

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #412 on: March 30, 2007, 12:57 AM »
Toughest figure to track down, ironically, of the D-Day figures has been the Lt. U.S. 29th figure.  He's a private, but marked as a Lieutenant for some reason.  That's dumb, but regardless he's tough to track down.  I got one today, and he's pretty great so I see why he's rough to find. 

And his freakin' binoc case opens and holds binocs...  How cool is that?  It's pretty damn cool.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #413 on: April 5, 2007, 01:16 AM »
Yay me, I found the new German Artillery Range Finder tonight!  That was out of the blue.

They had 2, and the Lt. Which has been a bitch to find for me (the US 29th Lt. who has Corporal's stripes by the way, so he's not a Lt.).

I got the Lt. and one of the Germans...  The german utilizes the DAK Officer's headsculpt with a nifty blonde paintjob.  Very unique looking with the new hair.  It's amazing what a coat of paint can do to hide a sculpt somewhat.

The range finder is a complex accessory, and beyond that he has some gear (breadbag, mask cannister, pistol holster, shovel set, & pistol holster), no weapon, but he comes with a pretty kickass pack for range-finding gear I guess.  A pack with full straps and everything that slips over the torso with the arms removed.  It's a tight fit but a great accessory, as is the range finder.

Beyond that and a helmet though, that's all she wrote.  No weapon to speak of, and that eats it hard...  A rifle would've been due us here I think, especially since he has ammo for one.

The U.S. Lt.'s short on weaponry too.  A SMG or rifle again would've been nice with him regardless.  He comes with a .45 and that's it. :(  His binoc case rocks though as it opens to hold the binocs.  That's detail folks!  His headsculpt seems new to me too, or its paintjob hides it substantially. 

Great figures though alla round.  21st does a bang-up job.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #414 on: May 5, 2007, 04:08 AM »
Hasbro gives us the Sith Infiltrator...  It's fun to laugh at it, sure.

21st Century Toys is giving us this...

The King Tiger in gleaming 1:18 scale...

Germany's biggest, meanest, baddest tank of the war...  Hasbro, you better give us a to-scale AT-ST at some point because, man, this thing's gorgeous and I'd like some SW armor to-scale at some point. :) 

Offline Clone Commander

• Jedi Padawan
  • I ate my Lama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: May 6, 2007, 12:34 AM »
Now all we need is a massive Joseph Stalin 3 to completely smoke that king tiger!
Clone Commander Appo.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #416 on: June 17, 2007, 04:17 PM »
I'm lazy and don't feel like digging it up at the moment, but 21st Cent. Toys announced their newest piece of land equipment...

A quad .50 AA Trailer.  Weird, eh?  I'm all for it but they marketed this as armor which was disappointing slightly.  I mean, it's not armor...  It's more artillery.

Anyway it's still cool I think.

With the King Tiger coming (wowza!), a German 88 (double wowza!), and the Hanomag/Pak-40 combo, I think something simpler like this is actually nice.  COmmon piece too so nice to go with some of the D-Day guys around it I figure.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #417 on: June 26, 2007, 01:44 AM »
OOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooo

New figures pictured today at 21st Cent. Toys...  Very nice.

For those curious they also were showing a Gun carriage coming out as well, so I'll post that first...

Pretty slick if not a little odd...  I'm up for more "artillery" type pieces though and with the 88 coming this is the kind of stuff I dig setting up figures around.

And now the figures...  Get ready for the "Platoon" line of figures.  Pictured I think are Sgt. Elias and Sgt. Barnes if my eyes do not deceive me.

Now, yes some of those legs are articulation-less.  The deal there is that 21st Century Toys has always included "pre-posed" sets of arms for the figures, and now they're going to include pre-posed sets of legs too that can be swapped out with poseable sets of legs!  How's that for super quality toys?  Hasbro's good but I must say 21st is always a step ahead in action figure design/innovation I think.

I think there's two more figures set for teh Platoon series, it's not going to be a huge line, and I'd guess Charlie Sheen is one of the new ones, but I don't now who the other would be.  Depp's character had a minimal role so I doubt it's him.  Wish there were more in the series because they look outstanding.  I wasn't even into the Nam line when it came out but I'm into these new figures for sure.

Great stuff...  Love 21st Century Toys, and to make it even better.  21st is going to be sold once again at Toys R Us!  I don't know if that means BBI isn't going to be at TRU, but 21st is, and that adds a new dynamic to competition and availability. :)

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: June 26, 2007, 03:26 PM »
I am SO glad that 21st is now being sold at TRU. I was never able to find any vehicles at WalMart so maybe now I'll have a chance.

Cool pics of the Quad .50 and the Tiger. Those pre-production samples of the Platoon figures are cool too. I like the pre-posed legs especially if they are going to be able to switched out. That's really great.

If only Hasbro could be on par with the amount and quality of some of 21st's stuff...
My whole expanse...I cannot see...

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: June 27, 2007, 10:21 PM »
To beat a seemingly dead horse here...

Soviets! Soviets! Soviets! We need some frakking Soviets! And Poles, Frenchmen, Chinese partisans (Nationalist *and* Communist), Australiasians, and Britts too! We really need some other forces involved in all of this.

(God, I hope that was succinct.  :P)
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -