Author Topic: Official 1:18 Military Toys Thread (21st, BBI, FOV, etc)  (Read 363819 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Official 1:18 Military Toys Thread (21st, BBI, FOV, etc)
« Reply #495 on: July 30, 2008, 01:24 AM »
There's currently no Russian line...  Some US stuff repainted would work (Jeeps, etc. were part of the lend-lease agreement with Russia), but the only Russian figures out are the ones from the IJ line...  There's a lot of nationalities not covered yet (British, Italians, Russians, Canadians, etc., etc.) by 21st, BBI, or FOV.

There's one Brit out, and he's all in jump gear so he's really not suitable for much more than standing in a doorway to jump out or waiting to get in the plane.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: July 30, 2008, 03:24 PM »
Gotcha... thanks for the info Jesse.

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: July 30, 2008, 05:46 PM »
Suitable for WWII Russian (EARLY war) would be:

Jeeps
M2 and M3 Halftracks (but not the M16 with Quad .50's)
Chevy or Ford Trucks (civilian style, not the Military GMC and Dodge)

That Staff Car in the INDY line could be Russian'ed up a bit though.

If you are looking for Cold War Era Russian stuff...you are WAY out of luck.

Unless you want planes.  There are a couple MiGs

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: July 31, 2008, 10:23 AM »
Yeah, Cold War era Russian stuff.  Thanks for the advice Paul.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #499 on: August 25, 2008, 03:01 AM »
Bad 21st Cent. Toys news...  Sounds like the economic times have hit them hard and they're cutting employees and that WM isn't keeping the line going for similar reasons I guess.  Sucks but at least there's BBI and FOV still trying to stick with the 1:18 market...  I'm hopeful that continues.

TRU I guess is doing what it can with 21st though and is trying to keep a lot of the older items in stock.

I would at least like to pick up this last set of figures from D-Day (or at least a lot of the .30 cal soldier) but my areas haven't had a new figure in a while since some dual packs.  21st isn't dead, but they're certainly rethinking their strategy. 

Perhaps dipping their pen into too many wells killed them?  Hard to say...  1:6, 1:18, 1:32, 1:72 and other scales got mixed in there.  I always felt they should've stuck to 1:18 as their 1:6 wasn't ever anywhere near the quality that's out there in the competitive world of 12" figures...

Their 1:32 stuff was nice but again they're in super competitive scale there...  Why not dominate 1:18 and enjoy the profits?  They needed to become more consistant in a year with figures and put out a max 2 plane/tank formula.  Focus on some smaller vehicles (kettenrad, motorcycle, Jeep, "wagens" for the Germans, trucks, artillery, etc.), and sneak those couple tanks and planes out in a whole year, and you're set.  Instead, too many repaints combined with too many failures in smaller or larger scales.  Not to mention being in bed with Wal-Mart who are a pain to deal with anyway, much less being "exclusive" with them for some time...  Ugh.

21st may go the way of the do-do, hard to say right now, but that's fine.  One less thing to spend money on then.  I hope FOV picks up the ball and runs with it.  BBI too.  both make high quality figures.  Right now FOV has my atteniton bigtime, so I'd love to see them expand and improve.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: August 29, 2008, 07:16 AM »
Marauder John has Wave 5 of his weapons in stock.

Aside from the MG34 and the Peacemaker, this wave doesn't interest me much.  But it is always neat to see what he has to offer.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #501 on: August 31, 2008, 01:39 AM »
Saw the new wave of 1:18 XD figures at Wm tonight and man they're pretty decent, plus they're shipping with some of the cool removable hat tankers from the D-Day assortment.

Anyway, I only got 2 .30 Cal guys because of cash flow, but all 3 figures had new heads which rocks.

I'm bummed the U.S. "sniper" only has an M1 though.  If he had a springfield with scope, that would've rocked my socks.  The German also lacks proper ammo pouches for his MP44, but he actually has the right footwear Paul! :)  And his headsculpt is top notch.  he's a good egg besides the ammo, which is at least customizable.

The Sniper's really just another rifleman, which ain't all that bad.  Love the .30 though.  Great new figure for the most part including removable sitting style legs. :)

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: October 5, 2008, 09:16 PM »
JJ or anybody..

Did 21st (or any company for that matter) make a WWII US Soldier with the Canvas leggings that HAD ankle articulation.  It can be the most basic swivel, I just need the foot separate from the legging for a project.

I never got past the first few waves of Paratroopers with 21stC and I don't have any figs with Leggings.

Any help would be appreciated

Also looking for any good examples of Revolvers..old west style prefered...I snagged one from Marauder John..just looking for other examples..

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #503 on: October 6, 2008, 01:53 AM »
-Revolvers...  Check out Big Lots if you've got one Paul, but if not let me know and I can look for you if need be...  They got in a ton of the "Golden Compass" figures, and each GC figure comes with a weapon, for the most part revolvers or other older styled weapons.  Sam Elliot's character has, I think, a Colt Navy Revolver maybe, as he's a Gunslinger type guy.  LMK if you need me to get you one.

The main hero character had a Webley-ish pistol, the bad guys had a Mauser...  Another had a larger Webley-like pistol as well, but it was significantly larger for some reason.  LMK if you want me to get any of those if you don't have Big Lots.  They're like fly **** up here.

About the Leggings...  Check your local Toys R Us for BBI's guys.  They have repaints of their WW2 figures out, and their infantry all had leggings with separate articulated shoes.  The leggings twisted at the top where they connected with the legs, and the foot then is ball/socket jointed into the bottom of the leggings.  Very poseable.  It's ONLY the infantry though Paul, not the Para's.  The Para's only swivel at their tops of their jump boots.

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: November 14, 2008, 10:35 AM »
New PTE stuff... this time it is Chinese and Russian gear for your OPFOR or Cobra troops.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #505 on: November 14, 2008, 03:59 PM »
There's other stuff too Paul, a small Humvee-ish vehicle (Chinese), and I'm not sure on that tank make/model but I really hope it's size is accurate.  I'd love something to sit next to my modern U.S. armor like my Abrams.

I am not familiar with the tank and  chopper to know how accurately scaled they are though. :(

Paul, where'd the images come from?  Do you know what store?  Big Lots hasn't gotten in the PTE this year like they did last year.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2008, 04:01 PM by Jesse James »

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: November 14, 2008, 06:16 PM »
That helicopter looks nice.  I can't place it as a direct translation of any military helicopters that I can think of.  It sort of looks like a Bell 222 which they used a modified version of for the show Airwolf.  But it also sort of looks like a modified version of a Lynx which is used by a bunch of EU countries like the UK, Germany and France.

If it's supposed to be Russian then I bet they're thinking something in the Hind family...but not really close.
   E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Darth Gamboa

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Aren't you a little fat to be a stormtrooper?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: November 14, 2008, 06:37 PM »
Looks like a Ka 60
...of the Fifth Southside Tactical Marching Squadron

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #508 on: December 23, 2008, 12:41 AM »
Forgot to mention this a while back but BBI shocked everyone with their WW2 weapons packs at first, but then they did even more shocking by putting out new WW2 U.S. paratroopers.  They've got working chutes, but unlike all the other working chute figures, these new Paras come with removable jump gear so you have troops ready to fight or ready to jump out the door...  or even ready to walk into the door actually.

Pretty neat idea, and the gear looks fantastic.  Only flaw is it's tough to get onto the trooper properly.  I wish they'd do some German paras up like this, or maybe some Brits since they did whip up a single red devil in the last line of paras.

Anyway, good stuff out there if you see them.  A whole lot of bang for your $7 with these new paras IMO.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #509 on: January 2, 2009, 05:34 PM »
I found a site online that I thought was marking figures down at a good deal, but you couldn't pick what you wanted...  Well, I got what was left, and ultimately I'm shocked at what I got.  I got 3 sealed cases (2 modern, 1 Japanese) today, for $39-ish.  That's 36 figures for $39.  HOly **** that's the best deal I've ever gotten, even if I don't want a lot of it.  The Japanese though, man I'm ecstatic.  I didn't get many of them when they were out and now I have a full case load of them.