Author Topic: Official 1:18 Military Toys Thread (21st, BBI, FOV, etc)  (Read 361712 times)

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
Re: Official 1:18 Military Toys Thread (21st, BBI, FOV, etc)
« Reply #600 on: December 1, 2009, 12:03 PM »
I have been thinking about this stupid thing all day.  I want two, damn it.  If these aren't at U.S. Big Lots by Halloween, I am going to go on a murderous rampage.

You read it here first.

The world is safe.  These have hit Utah Big Lots.  It is sweet.
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #601 on: December 1, 2009, 02:23 PM »
Still nothing here.  I keep hoping. :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: December 1, 2009, 04:18 PM »
I saw a Big Lots open up near my house this weekend - I checked it out for you guys but couldn't find the coveted playsets in there.

I was excited for you when I saw the store but it was a let down ultimately.
« Last Edit: December 1, 2009, 04:19 PM by Dressel Rebel »
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #603 on: December 1, 2009, 11:27 PM »
They're in most areas, just not mine.  Oh irony. :)  BL has semi-spotty distribution.  They're usually not too bad, but the current PTE stuff is hit and miss.  It was this same way last year.  The year or two before that though, almost everyone got the same stuff in the same general quantities.  The new building is so nice I really want extras (I have one), but I'll live if I never see them local.  With PTE there is always next year, or at least you hope.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline vupa0101

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: December 2, 2009, 07:16 PM »
so if you had to choose, would you take the HQ set or the desert set?

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: December 3, 2009, 11:09 PM »
I'd say the desert set.  It's basically a cool display stand that doesn't take up too much space.  I've got the HQ set, too, and my 6 year old loves it, but the desert building thing suits my needs a lot more.
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #606 on: December 4, 2009, 12:51 AM »
Desert, agreed...

HQ's neat, and a modern looking building, but it looks like a pizza hut or old style McDonald's.

The Desert dwelling is more destroyed, more detailed, and just looks like a more realistic mid-east, southern european/north african style building.  Doubles as a destroyed mos eisley/mos espa building too.  More versatile like that.

The desert building is bigger too, overall.  Lots of holes for firing out of, windows, balconies, staircases...  That stuff's all cooler from a display and playing POV too, to me.  It also can be customized to be more "complete" too and less destroyed.

If the bridge playset is available, I highly recommend  it as well.  It's one of my favs.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #607 on: January 11, 2010, 09:09 PM »
And rumblings are swirling from pretty reliable folks that 21st Cent. Toys is resurging as a new company, and will have some, if not most, of 21st's molds.  What this means for figures or other things, who knows, but the early word is a P-51D's the first plane (shocker ::) ), and that they're going to focus on a more adult audience.

Without armor and figures, I'm not totally interested...  JSI had me teased with their groundcrew gear, but I saw nothing of it coming anytime soon.  No pictures of this new company or their ideas makes me say, "I'll believe it when I see it", but it'll be nice if it is true since 1:18's currently spinning its wheels.

So far only Force of Valor's been reliable, and they're not putting much new out.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #608 on: January 23, 2010, 04:02 AM »
Some pretty huge news in the world of 1:18 military toys...

A lot of the 21st Cent. Toys staff have apparantly reinvented the company as "All-Go Toys", and launched their site recently.

The King Tiger is going into production, as are fully detailed (adult subject matter as well) planes.  The first plane pictured is a P-51 Mustang, OD green which looks fantastic, but with a full-nude noseart, as well as full swastika kill-markings on its hull which will be a first in this scale.  I may actually buy this plane as I love Euro theater planes and I love this deco...  The "adult" material is fine by me too...

The company also lists figures as coming soon.  Seeing the King Tiger though, it put a smile on my face. :)  It'll be cool if it is coming out.  I'm just curious what figures may be on tap now.

There's also a subtle picture on their site of a German wearing a gas mask, so I'm curious if that's just art for the site or a future release! 

Either way, the company seems raring to go, and I'm anxious to see more.  1:18's making a slow crawl from the edge of the abyss it appears. 

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: January 23, 2010, 08:15 AM »
The company also lists figures as coming soon.  Seeing the King Tiger though, it put a smile on my face. :)  It'll be cool if it is coming out.  I'm just curious what figures may be on tap now.

If I had to guess on figures...

Market Garden US Paras, D-Day Paras, Vietnam GI's, 1 Viet Cong, Fallschirmjager (German Paras), DAK and German Heer (Army) wearing Uboat Leathers...All with horrible skin tones with over shaded areas and an extra set of non-articulated arms and legs.

But that is just a guess.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #610 on: January 23, 2010, 04:35 PM »
You're no fun!

I'd be glad to see the Fals again...  Been ages and I only have a couple extras.  I would really love to see the D-Day guys back but improved if possible.  They're the best "generic" Troops from the line.

Market Garden...  meh.  I wouldn't mind seeing them start from scratch on MG if they want to go back.

Nam...  Not my thing so much.  I did get a full set of Nam guys from the last series though, and the Platoon guys.

DAK is another that I'd like to see them start over...  I like the DAK they gave us but I'd love to see some shorts figures, and someone for them to fight might be nice. :)  Like...  anyone really.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #611 on: March 4, 2010, 03:06 PM »
All-Go Toys (formerly 21st Cent., pretty much), have unveiled yet another new piece planned for the near future...

Their "Passion Wagon" Mustang with full decaling (swastika kill markings are complete, not "x's" as in the past) and "adult" noseart (naked lady, duh), is on the horizon for about $90-$100...  The packaging is ornate (3-fold flaps covering a windowbox-style package), but they unveiled the good stuff today!

Sure sure, we know they have a King Tiger on their front page as "coming soon", but they unveiled this beast today:

An awesome Jagdpanther! 

Your Shermans may not want him around, but the armor shelf sure as hell does.

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: March 4, 2010, 06:00 PM »
WOW.

That thing is very cool.   

Any chance of getting a crew too?

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #613 on: March 5, 2010, 02:20 AM »
These days, not likely.  At least not likely in with the tank.

All-Go is just starting out and that's, at best, a prototype tank too...  May not even be 1:18 scale, but nobody's sure.  Just sure it's what All-Go's hoping to do.  Their first item's the Passion Wagon P-51.

The Passion Wagon's going to cost a pretty penny too, and so I imagine this will as well.

All-Go is the company risen from 21st's ashes, and I guess their stuff's going to be aimed a lot at core collectors (limited production runs, etc.).

Unfortunately they're kicking off with a Mustang...  again...

Which we all have one.  And I guess they're basing a lot of the future on that items sales.  I personally won't buy a Passion Wagon unless I see it on sale only because I have a Mustang already and I'm not a guy who is fixated on multipel decoes.  To AG's credit though, Passion Wagon's is a FANTASTICAL deco.  Best probably of any plane.  I like my D-Day Donald Duck from BBI, but if I didn't have it I'd be all over Passion Wagon even without a pilot pack-in.

Now, all that said, if the Passion Wagon's coming in at $90 to $100, I imagine the Jagdpanther and King Tiger will also come in at the same price, and no crew at all.
 :-\

Personally I think, if they're doing figures (no sign yet really), they could slip a crew in for the $100 pricetag and I think they simply know people will buy them separate, but that's how it goes I guess.

I'm still looking at 1:16 RC by the way, regardless what may or may not come out in 1:18.  1:16 looks good and in general they're superior models, so I'm wanting to just branch out.  I wholely plan on supporting 1:18 items I want in my collection though, like the Jagdpanther...  whenever/if it's actually coming out.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #614 on: March 8, 2010, 08:20 PM »
Turns out, according to All-Go reps I guess, that picture of the Jagdpanther is an actuall full size prototype...  That's pretty nice looking for a complete proto.  Now, will they actually deliver this to the fans or will it just fizzle out like past stuff has?