Author Topic: Official 1:18 Military Toys Thread (21st, BBI, FOV, etc)  (Read 363178 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Official 1:18 Military Toys Thread (21st, BBI, FOV, etc)
« Reply #750 on: September 20, 2012, 02:13 AM »
Word on the street is new Power Team Elite have finally begun surfacing at Big Lots, and there's new "Arctic" sets perhaps in the mix with new headscuplts, new gear, etc.  I'm personally interested in some of the gear and fodder.

Not sure if the head's are new but I hear they may be.

Flies int he face of the theory that you always see PTE overseas first before you see it new in the US.  :)  These are outta left field sort of like some of the color and part variations in the JC Penney playsets offered last holiday season.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #751 on: October 3, 2013, 07:08 PM »
Looks like some new Power Team Elite out this year...  and some oldies but goodies coming back like bunk sets, and tents.  Never got a tent.

Also picked up a 1:16 Stug III, German armor piece...  Been wanting one for a while and their prices have steadily gone up so I bit the bullet, or tank round as it were.

I think a Sherman, either HL's or Mato's, will be my next buy...  Though the HL Jagdpanther is appealing.

Finding room for the 1:16 armor is a real challenge though...  I have no clue how I'll display these.  They're simply massive.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #752 on: October 3, 2013, 07:09 PM »
BTW some of the new Power Team Elite junk is "cold weather" figures and vehicles.  There's a Humvee with tank treads in place of wheels, and a half-assed snowmobile...  I love what they're trying though.  PTE is great custom fodder for Star Wars and GI Joe, so I stock up when I can.

I hope they put out more next year.  Their ideas area always slick.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: October 5, 2013, 07:39 PM »
Cold weather guys and the weak sauce snowmobile were out last year here. Not the humvee though.

Yes, the tents and bunk beds are back for the first time in like 5 years. I couldn't pull the trigger at $8 for a bunk and a locker, though. No new humvees here yet...

Some people have reported finding this new vehicle

Amphibian

TRU's True Heroes have a newer Chap Mei Chinook release in green camo with a newer jeep and 3 figures. The previous release was desert camo, had one figure and no jeep (used to include one years ago). The new one still scanned at $29.99.
« Last Edit: October 5, 2013, 08:35 PM by Scockery »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #754 on: October 9, 2013, 09:55 PM »
Yeah that "Duck" was the other new thing...  It's goofy but cool.  Not a very good military vehicle though, hehe.  Good duck hunter though.

The tan towers all sold out at my local...  Weird that only they went, but whatever.  I guess someone's doing some serious desert diorama'ing.

Still nothing different around here PTE...  Boats and towers.  I'm hoping to get to another BL though and check out what their stock is like.  I'm hopeful for 3 packs and 2-packs with large gear/accessories (bunks, tents, etc.).

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #755 on: November 27, 2013, 03:59 PM »
I hate these guys - Indiana Jones
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #756 on: November 27, 2013, 07:08 PM »
Oh nice to preorder...  I know the company and they're gonna do Russiabs nect and US (I hope for some n Africa us).

Good looking figs

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #757 on: February 12, 2014, 08:01 PM »
Bump...  Hiya Toys has released their "warm weather" Germans now, and are pushing other properties they're picking up.

So far I've been told/rumored that Russians are next, which would complement the Germans that are out nicely.  And after that, possibly US Infantry.  What theater, I don't know, but I'd appreciate some N. Africa or "warm weather" US guys myself.

Something wildly different from what we got would be swell, since 21st, BBI, and FOV have all touched on the US Infantry in some capacity, with a little variety.  Some GI's in shirts, or open coats would be neat, or even a shirtless guy or two would be awesome.  Artillery crews or whatever.

N. Africa needs some love now...  I'd love to see Hiya's take on N. Africa Germans after all this.  Shorts especially since 21st's were limited to pants and the lace-up boots.

The Russians will be interesting to see what direction they go.  Those should be next up!

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: February 14, 2014, 09:08 AM »
Should be interesting.  Are there pics other than the BBTS pre-order?

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: March 17, 2014, 06:17 PM »
I saw that Bravo Team rereleases were shown at Toyfair; Tiger I, Sherman, plus some soldier single packs. Im new to these; my Wife bought me the Sherman and Tiger I a few weeks back. Here's to hoping these come to retail so they can do some new ones: Panzer IV, T34 or maybe a Panther.
I am not the Stig

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #760 on: March 26, 2014, 06:47 PM »
Bravo Team I believe was the stuff sold at Target?  I can't recall offhand what it was called but i think that was it, and the Shermie and Tiger I are old...  I'd say honestly you're really coming into this at a very, very bad time. :(

1:18 military stuff is ALMOST dead.  Hiya Toys is doing figures, and that's honestly it aside from Garage Kits that come out and are expensive and usually a mod for an existing piece.

1:16 armor's alive though...  I've transitioned to it.  The figures and support stuff usually look ok with it.  There's a T-34 just came out and is fairly priced.  1:18 though, it's virtually dead outside of fictional lines of course.  Costs in China really killed it off I think, coupled with changing retail landscape in the US.

I wish I'd bought more of it when I could've.

If you are really wanting into the line though I have some extra stuff I'm open to selling around.  Some modern, some WW2 (limited though).  It's one of the few toys I have seen actually bump up in price for the most part.  Kind of surprising.

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: April 29, 2014, 11:25 AM »
So uh... 36 hours left for this super-cool Kickstarter from Marauder Gun Runners:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1732159183/marauder-task-force-gaming-figures

Obviously getting it funded is not a problem at this point. Some of the "rewards" are great deals though, especially with the added stretch-goal freebies. I pre-ordered way too much, but I couldn't resist supplementing my Joe collection with a bunch of figures and accessories.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #762 on: April 29, 2014, 04:54 PM »
Yeah those are awesome work...  The sculptors are pros though, so I'm not terribly shocked either.  These little kickstarter action figure companies making REAL action figures (not crap) are pretty slick.

Some are not just a kickstarter too, but just smaller companies already working in production...  Hiya Toys with the Aliens: Colonial Marines license for instance, or Acid Rain.

Cool stuff coming out.  Very different.

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: April 29, 2014, 04:59 PM »
It fills a space that is apparently not profitable enough for Hasbro, but worthwhile for the little guys. Honestly I'd rather pour my money into something fresh and new from Marauder, Boss Fight, and Hiya rather than similarly priced exclusives from the GI Joe Club. I'm glad other people apparently feel the same.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #764 on: April 29, 2014, 05:05 PM »
Yeah I'm pretty excited to get some of Hiya's stuff...  from Our War line to the new Aliens.  I love anything 1:18 Aliens and they've confirmed to me they have the rights to do Marines and a Power Suit if the Alien figures do well.  Here's to hoping.

Acid Rain, they're a thing I want, but the price is all that's keeping me at bay right now.  The vehicles are just WAY too much right now.  I hope they manage to do well enough for these to come down but man, they're just kililng me because I want those big ass tank walkers so much, haha.