Author Topic: Official 1:18 Military Toys Thread (21st, BBI, FOV, etc)  (Read 361717 times)

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Re: Official 1:18 Military Toys Thread (21st, BBI, FOV, etc)
« Reply #810 on: November 5, 2018, 08:19 AM »
Macho man on a giant chicken. These are odd enough they could be adapted as Star Wars mounts.

I can't see your photos but am guessing they are of the 4 new Dino Wrangler sets. Those are completely awesome, even though I found out the mounts are not articulated. They also have a listing now for the "Dino Commander" sets but these are labeled "Primal Clash" now instead of Jurassic Clash, which I found interesting.

Still have yet to see any of these in stores, not even the local Go!Calendars and Toys. Can't order them from WM.com either. I am more excited for these than anything else in awhile.

I did find the new Combat Strike vehicle 4-pack at Ollie's last week, but that thing has 2 repacks and a repaint, so not much bang for your 26 bucks.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #811 on: December 19, 2018, 12:44 AM »
I’m on the Dino rides like stink on ****....

If they ever surface that is.

I’d be in on that playset wall for Jedha too.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: December 19, 2018, 08:06 AM »

The Dino Wrangler and Dino Commander sets should be showing up at Walmart in Jan/Feb, according to my Lanard sources. They both have listings now on Brickseek. (smaller mounts are only $6.97)

The Rock playset is still due to show up there at some point. I almost caved and bought one from the annual Lanard warehouse sale but the shipping was prohibitive.

The Dino sets have also been showing up at Go! Calendar & Toys if you have one of those near you. And a few oddball farm stores like Fleets and Runnings.

I ended up ordering a few off Zulily when they had a sale a few weeks back. They are really nice sculpts for the money. More articulation would be nice but I cant really complain. At least the figures are SA.

I fell hard for The Corps stuff this year...
« Last Edit: December 19, 2018, 08:07 AM by McMetal »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #813 on: December 19, 2018, 05:54 PM »
We had one, but my local mall is one of the ones that's becoming a ghost town and the store closed.  I'll wait for, hopefully, walmart to stock them.

The bird thing?  Totally ripped off from a 1/20 model kit btw.  :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: January 14, 2019, 10:49 AM »

GOOD NEWS!  ;D

Primal Clash has arrived and should be hitting a Walmart near you any day now, if they are not out already. I picked up all 4 Dino Wranglers and both Dino Commander sets on Friday.

This line is so completely awesome I think it will be a huge hit...tons of customizing potential for a bunch of different lines. (JOE, Jurassic Park, etc)

Cannot say enough good things, good luck to everyone interested in these!

ps - there is a ton of other product for the line that is hopefully on the way...

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #815 on: January 14, 2019, 06:25 PM »
If you have time to post upcs feel free.  I’d like to pick some of those up for sure.

My Rebels need mounts for their planetary patrols. 🤔

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: January 14, 2019, 09:31 PM »
Here are the SKU #'s for each, this works on Brickseek:

Dino Wrangler 318521019

Dino Commander 390306814

The smaller guys are $6.97, the larger mounts (Mastodon, Triceratops) are $14.92. The Mastodon could probably double nicely as a tricked-out Bantha.  :D

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #817 on: January 14, 2019, 09:54 PM »
Nice, thanks man.  I’ll check out my area.  The bird is most interesting to me right now.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #818 on: January 14, 2019, 11:24 PM »
Says they’re around but maybe not out yet as I’ve not seen em.  Soon tho.  Soon.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #819 on: January 21, 2019, 02:30 AM »
Got the bird...  it’s def a cool piece for custom mounts for any Trooper really.  The price is pretty good too, however the rest of the pieces in the set are all pretty meh for me.  I’ve never been a fan of Corps figures in general though so I knew what I was going into here.  I just wanted the mount.

Let me be clear that the animal is awesome if not a sort of simplistic oversized accessory.  It looks like perhaps articulation was considered at some point and scrapped for a solid piece more or less.  The jaw moves and that’s it but that’s all you really need.  I got the bird btw.  I feel like a giant cat might kill its rider, and a velociraptor thing may do the same but a bird?  Why not.  I may change my mind on the others tho.

I do hope this line expands because it has some cool potential.

This line is pretty epic for custom Star Wars mount’s for sure...  the figure is going in my goodwill bin though where I toss PTE figs and other stuff like that.  It just doesn’t jive to me with Star Wars sculpts.😕  I’m eyeing the Mammoth set right now debating what I can do with it.  Thinking some fake fur glued on could make it an interesting relative of a bantha on another planet. 🤔

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: January 22, 2019, 11:21 PM »
Cool, glad you finally got your hands on some, Jesse. The Mastodon and Triceratops are really solid hunks of plastic, on par with Moloch. The Mastodon can move its head up and down but that's about it. The other one just opens and closes its mouth.

There is a whole lot of other stuff in this line, believe me. Most of it has already been released overseas, but hopefully more makes it to Wally. The Dino Bunker playset is nuts.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #821 on: January 23, 2019, 01:00 AM »
Thanks, yeah it hit in full force here...

I kinda wanna see the rest of the line at some point.  I’m digging the bird and may pick up more.  Not sure on the larger ones yet but even the smaller sets the beast is solid.  Very heavy!

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: February 20, 2019, 02:55 PM »
FWIW, Target is currently clearancing out their "Elite Force" military toys...couple of "battlepacks" and some smaller vehicle/figure combos. I was weak and bought all 3 of the 5-figure sets. and two of the vehicles.  :(

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #823 on: February 20, 2019, 03:20 PM »
They’re ok modern stuff...  the vehicles are meh anymore but the days of a $50 1/18 tank are long dead haha.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: March 27, 2019, 12:26 AM »
I picked up an Elite Force MLRS at Meijers for around $7 last month. It was too cheap to pass up, even if my enthusiasm for military toys fades in an out.