Author Topic: Monthly Customizing Challenge - Month 8: Rebel Troopers  (Read 40819 times)

Offline Fritzkrieg

• Jedi Padawan
  • Don't make me destroy you.
    • View Profile
The Only Good Rebel is a Dead Rebel!
« Reply #60 on: December 21, 2005, 11:21 PM »
Endor Casualty
LMk what you think

Fritzkrieg

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Monthly Customizing Challenge - Month 8: Rebel Troopers
« Reply #61 on: December 22, 2005, 11:06 AM »
That is so cool - I replied more in your personal thread.  Now make an Ewok zombie.   ;)

:P

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 22, 2005, 04:17 PM »
More and more Rebels!

First off we have Mace Fusca, a Rebel officer on Yavin. He chose a plain black jumpsuit instead of the main uniforms of the other officers because, well, because I think he looks like a badass. He also has a ripped, torn, and dirty trench coat that has seen him through many a hard fight.

And then we have Riekas Tiegad, another one of Wes' Yavin buddies. The torso is from a BBi fig and the legs are from a Clone Pilot. I'm not sure I like the boots though, I might switch them out with Pilot Obi legs.

Well, I hope you like them. LMK what you think, all comments are appreciated. Thanks for looking, and have a Happy Holiday.

just for fun....
My whole expanse...I cannot see...

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 24, 2005, 12:35 AM »
Those are very cool Darth Claus. They are very classic gi joe like.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 24, 2005, 12:42 AM »
This is a work in progress shot of my unnamed rebel. He isn't painted yet and I'll probably add a holster but this is the general idea. He will wear a rebel rank badge. I'm thinking a blue and white color scheme with some Chewie-like wash. His hair will be grey to mask the quigon look. Basically he is a mix of parts with no real reference.

Offline bocrebjedi

• Jedi Initiate
  • Gonk. Gonk. Gonk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 24, 2005, 12:56 AM »
It's a nice start on the figure.  He reminds me of Garm Bel Iblis. (perhaps it's the Qui-Gon head, it seems to be used a lot for him, but the uniform also seems to fit how I pictured him.)

And I'm new to posting on the boards, I've been lurking for a while.  I've just taken some photos of all my customs and hope to post some soon, including a few Rebel Troopers.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #66 on: December 24, 2005, 01:04 AM »
It's a nice start on the figure.  He reminds me of Garm Bel Iblis. (perhaps it's the Qui-Gon head, it seems to be used a lot for him, but the uniform also seems to fit how I pictured him.)

And I'm new to posting on the boards, I've been lurking for a while.  I've just taken some photos of all my customs and hope to post some soon, including a few Rebel Troopers.

Welcome then! Be sure to intorduce yourself over in the newbie section as well. I look forward to chatting with you and seeing some of your work. :)

Phruby- You cannibalized your Carth? :( Well, it is a great starting place for the new one.  I can't wait to see where you go with it!
"This is the way."

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 24, 2005, 02:16 AM »
Whoo Hoo!  Updated galore!  Now we need to get rolling more on the Tonnika sisters!

Darth Claus - You are a customizing machine!  Like the new troops.  Always have a very military look to them.  Have you thought about some non-green colors?  Maybe make a squad in orange uniforms, or something out of the ordinary?  Just a thought.  I am ALWAYS impressed with your genius use of soft goods.

Phruby - Looks like a great start!  I'm sad to see you took apart your Carth custom from KOTOR, I guess you're planning on upgrading it?

bocrebjedi   - Welcome aboard!  I'm looking very forward to seeing you around here getting to discuss your customs.   :)

And give me a few minutes guys, and I'll have my main entry for this up.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 24, 2005, 02:53 AM »
Ok!  I got these done.  I was in a rush to get them finished tonight because of the Tonnika Sisters project, and the Rykfor Enloe series - so here we go:

Correlian Underground Resistance Rebel Troopers

Made from -

head - OTC Cloud Car Pilot
helmet - SAGA Captain Antilles
torso - SAGA Captain Typho
arms - SAGA Captain Typho
legs - SAGA Captain Typho

I made two of them - can't have just "one of an army builder."   ;)

Please share your thoughts on these guys. They look simple as can be, but painting them took over 4 hours.  I think I might need to add some tan paint to the inside of their helmets perhaps?

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #69 on: December 24, 2005, 04:25 AM »
4 hours well spent I'd say. :) I think the brown/black/grey combo turned out great. That combo screams Rebel to me for some reason, I think it is because the Yavin techs have the brownish and they fleet troopers have the black vest and blueish/grey tunics. The Cloud Car pilot's head fits really well and looks good with the helmet.

Nirvana(Claus) all of your customs are looking great. Some of them doen't necassarily seem to be too SWish but they are all very well done. I think it is the BBi Bodies, they look a bit Earthy. Perhaps you could change the combat boots to something more SWish. The one with the Obi-Wan head looks great, I really like the use of the Ki-Adi body. Perhaps you could give the Niemodian a light drybrush so his color isn't flat?

Fritz I'm really like all these decomposing bodies you have been doing. That tattered pants are excellent. Did you dremmel them or were they already like that? While it looks great I'm not sure that it would ever get like that, I think the Rebels eem like the type that bury their dead or cremate them. I guess it is possible he got stuck behind enemy lines on another planet though, or even fell into a mass of Bushes on Endor somewhere and was never found. Perhaps you could dirty the helmet and vest up a bit? I think if he was out long enough to decomepose like that, he has to have gottne some mud and grime on there when it rains.

jedistyle, You've also got a great set of troopers there. I really like the hacker, You used a nice set of parts/colors to make him. He doesn't look like as much like a soldier with that yellow vest, so I could definitley see him in a hacker role.

Jeff your's look good too. I like the blue skin fella myself. I think that he may look better as a chiss , meaning that his eyes would look better if they were red. The other look good as well.

Man, we have got a lot of entries so far this month. And I hope we see even more. I am putting the finishing touches on one of mine, and I hope I can get another 1 or 2 done as well, but I gotta try and get my Tonnikas done too.

"This is the way."

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 24, 2005, 11:37 AM »

Phruby - Looks like a great start!  I'm sad to see you took apart your Carth custom from KOTOR, I guess you're planning on upgrading it?

I was never really happy with Carth. I can do a much better job now. Maybe this guy will be Garm Bel Iblis. I don't have a reference shot of him though.

Chewie, thats a good use of the Typho body. I have a Padme pilot body that I use to make a female version of your Correlian Underground Resistance Rebel Trooper.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 25, 2005, 01:01 AM »
Thanks Phruby and Ryan.  For some reason the heads just weren't looking right to me, and I though the pants/sleeves needed to be repainted.  So I did some minor alterations, including painting the inside of the helmets.  Both are BBI heads.

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 25, 2005, 01:03 AM »
I love the repaint of this figure Justin.

I'm glad you fixed them up a bit!

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Hemish

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 27, 2005, 04:28 AM »
 :o
Who would have thought that typho would be good for something???
Great to see him ripped to shreds :)
Awesome customs guys
The problem with America is stupidity I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #74 on: December 27, 2005, 05:23 AM »
Wow the new heads look great.

I should have mine finish by tomorrow night, if all goes well I should have 4 figures made. I've finished 2 already, and the other two just need some paint, but one will have a pretty complicated paint app., but I'm REALLY excited about it. I think/hope you guys will like it too. If it comes out like I'm picturing it should be pretty cool. The other 3 are rather ho-hum, and aren't much more than headswaps and simple repaints.

I'll be leaving to go out of town for a week (without internet access) on Weds, so I should have the image thread updated sometime at the end of next week. We have had a great month so far, I've really enjoyed all of them and the volume we have gotten is great. :)
"This is the way."