Author Topic: Who was "Captain Kagi"?  (Read 6964 times)

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Who was "Captain Kagi"?
« on: November 28, 2005, 02:21 PM »
Near the end of ROTS Palpatine says "Tell Captain Kagi to prepare my shuttle." Who is Captain Kagi? I speculate he would be an Imperial Officer, but he could also be a clone too.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Who was "Captain Kagi"?
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2005, 03:21 PM »
I thought it was "Kargi" instead of "Kagi" but I could be wrong.

I would like to think it's a non-clone officer.

:P

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2005, 04:36 PM »
I just watched that scene with the subtitles on, and it is indeed "Kagi".

Offline Clone Commander

• Jedi Padawan
  • I ate my Lama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2005, 05:25 PM »
Well it was probably a non-clone.
Seeing as Tarkin was in there as governer.
Clone Commander Appo.

Offline Ginanalbri

• Youngling
  • My destiny is to be a Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2005, 06:16 PM »
It's just someone's name it's not a big deal.
SRWS

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2005, 07:13 PM »
Ginanalbri,

If you can't add any substance to the conversation it's probably best not to post at all instead of posting that you seem to not care about the conversation in the first place.

As far as the name I've always wondered this as well...  Could be a Clone Officer amongst the 41st since that's who Palpy took with him, but does every officer in the Clones have a name?  Seems odd and even odder for Palpatine to use the name(s).

At the same time I've always kind of had it in my mind/view of the Republic military that there has always been some form of standing army/navy the Republic uses even during peace time.  The starship crew for the Republic Vessel that took Obi/Qui-Gon to the Trade Fed ship in E1 is an example...  Danl Faytonni (I don't buy his EU story so I assume he and Ach Med Beq are NOT con-artists but just republic military personnel) is an example of Republic military too...   To me anyway.

They just don't have a huge army that could stand up to the Separatist forces at the onset of the Clone Wars.  The Republic, IMO, still was forming militarily by recruitment during the CW though and I figure that command crews, maintenance (You see some of them in the Clone Wars toon running around the Clone Fighters), and officers (Admirals, etc.) would be non-clone humans. 

This tradition of non-clone personnel then would grow in the Empire in my little vision of Star Wars, and the Clone personnel would diminish greatly or vanish all together even, as recruitment slowly took over.  WIth that then, the "Clone Wars" would come to their close, and the new wars would be a basic civil war being fought "brother against brother".  Empire Vs. Alliance.  No Clones, no droids.

That's of course just my point of view on the Star Wars galaxy's evolution of wars.  It's what let's me sleep easy at night as an uber dork. :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2005, 08:47 PM »
I'm just going to assume that Captain Kagi is just one of Palpatine's non-Clone servants, in a role similar to Mas Ameeda and Sly Moore, except Kagi chauffers Palpatine all across the galaxy.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline blaster_e11

• Jedi Initiate
  • Charming to the last
    • View Profile
    • My blog
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2005, 12:16 PM »
to me it's a non-clone officer as we have seen a lot of them in the EU (dodonna, pellaeon...)

his name is indeed Kagi; I believe only clone commanders were given names but the sergeant Fox example contradicts this.

As for JesseJames stating the 41st troops are being taken by palpy with him, i thought the schocktroopers weren't from this legion maybe i'm wrong  :-\

some other questions :

Do shocktroopers always go with palpatine when he's off planet ?

Are the ERG accompanying him only for ceremonial purpose ?

Btw, have you noticed the cody grunt behind the jedi possee when they decide to go and arrest sidious ?

"Wars don't make one great"

Offline Clone Commander

• Jedi Padawan
  • I ate my Lama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2005, 05:36 PM »
Well, the shocktroopers are under palpys leadership.
I dont think they were part of the 41st because that is under grees control.
But yeah, I noticed the cody grunt behind the jedi, I noticed a couple of them behind them.
Clone Commander Appo.

Offline TheBlackDog65

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2005, 02:56 AM »
Interesting note from Dark Lord: The Rise of Darth Vader. The ShockTroopers are who accompany Vader where ever he goes and it is from this name that the term StormTroopers emerge as the troops are not there to shock, but to take by Storm whatever the Empire/Emperor demands. Interesting development from Luceno's part.
"For too long gentleness has been equated with weakness.  Yet it takes more strength to be gentle than to be mean."

John Keeshan

Wants: Saga Wave 3

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2005, 04:58 AM »
I thought the Shocks were listed as being the 41st in the Insider issue that supposedly cleared up Clones but didn't really clear up much of anything and seemed mostly contrived crap.

I could very well be wrong though, the only legion/group # I've been able to keep straight was the 501st.

I don't get Palpy taking the shocks with him...  I figure he probably had a mix of his personal guards and the shocks since they appeared to be handy dandy at the time...  Why I don't know, but they were hangin' around to check out the Senate for him so who knows if they're his or not.

I figure there's an elaborate military beyond the Clones though so I really believe Kagi is, probably, Palpatine's shuttle pilot...  Why not, ya know?  As a matter of fact I found a picture of Kagi...

2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Clone Hunter

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Cybertronian Artifacts
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2005, 06:26 PM »
That is how I figure it works as well, but when exactly do clones get replaced by regular troops? Stormtroopers, Sandtroopers, and even Biker Scouts all seem about as dumb as a box of rocks up until the Battle of Endor.

In IV Obi Wan easily mesmerizes a Sandtrooper officer, Leia said short for a Stormtrooper implying a standard height.
In VI Biker scouts get duped by Ewoks!!

Also, where do you find out what legion numbers these Clones are?

Ginanalbri,

If you can't add any substance to the conversation it's probably best not to post at all instead of posting that you seem to not care about the conversation in the first place.

As far as the name I've always wondered this as well...  Could be a Clone Officer amongst the 41st since that's who Palpy took with him, but does every officer in the Clones have a name?  Seems odd and even odder for Palpatine to use the name(s).

At the same time I've always kind of had it in my mind/view of the Republic military that there has always been some form of standing army/navy the Republic uses even during peace time.  The starship crew for the Republic Vessel that took Obi/Qui-Gon to the Trade Fed ship in E1 is an example...  Danl Faytonni (I don't buy his EU story so I assume he and Ach Med Beq are NOT con-artists but just republic military personnel) is an example of Republic military too...   To me anyway.

They just don't have a huge army that could stand up to the Separatist forces at the onset of the Clone Wars.  The Republic, IMO, still was forming militarily by recruitment during the CW though and I figure that command crews, maintenance (You see some of them in the Clone Wars toon running around the Clone Fighters), and officers (Admirals, etc.) would be non-clone humans. 

This tradition of non-clone personnel then would grow in the Empire in my little vision of Star Wars, and the Clone personnel would diminish greatly or vanish all together even, as recruitment slowly took over.  WIth that then, the "Clone Wars" would come to their close, and the new wars would be a basic civil war being fought "brother against brother".  Empire Vs. Alliance.  No Clones, no droids.
My trade thread: http://www.jedidefender.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=10408.0
Email is your best bet to contact me.