Author Topic: What figures are hard to find now?  (Read 19435 times)

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
Re: What figures are hard to find now?
« Reply #15 on: June 8, 2005, 03:10 PM »
A lot of the #1-12 figures have vanished from these parts, though I still see some of them floating around. As a matter of fact, most of the April 2 figs have disappeared, I guess stores haven't been restocking them.

These are mainly the hardest figs to find:

Clone Commanders (Still have yet to see them at retail, got mine online)
AT-TE Gunners (See above, but minus the online part)
Royal Guards (Both I have yet to see anywhere)
#41 Clones (Though I hear reports of them being spotted frequently here)

Also, different stores have odd sales. One Wal-Mart will be full of Jedi, while another will be filled with Grievous and Droids.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 8, 2005, 03:29 PM »
Made a few runs yesterday.  Three stores had no Vaders, Anakins or C-3PO's on top of the army builders.  As a matter of fact, I have not seen any army builders, minus that Super BD in weeks ???  So, it looks like several core characters are sellouts in my area.  Biggest pegwarners:  Palpatine, Mon Mothma and Bail Organa. 

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 8, 2005, 03:51 PM »
As far as other figures that are tough to find, aside from the surprising core characters that are disappearing, it is much the same as other areas.  The Tarkin wave (#45-47) hasn't shown up here yet, as far as I know, so this is from #1-44.

Royal Guard - Red (never seen one on the pegs at any of the "Big 3" retailers)
Royal Guard - Blue (seen once since opening day, but not anymore)
Clone #41 - Haven't seen at retail yet, got a couple online.
Clone #6 - All disappeared now, could find them now and then earlier though.
Tank Gunner - Saw them a couple times at Target, but they aren't anywhere now.
Clone Commander - Started to show up in larger quantities at Wal-Mart, but they've all disappeared as well.
Darth Vader - Haven't seen this figure anywhere for awhile either.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 8, 2005, 03:54 PM »
This morning the two Targets I hit had obviously gotten a new mix of Collection 2 figures - there were PLENTY of Red Royal Guards and AT-TE Tank Gunners to be had at both stores. I would have to say it was the most of either figure (6+) that I had ever seen at one time.

Unfortunately no #45 - #47, the Wave 2 cups w/figures or Wave 3 Deluxe figures to be had...
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 8, 2005, 10:46 PM »
In my neighbourhood, I've never seen the #38 AT-TE Gunner or the #23 Blue Guard.  Other than that, anything up to #40 has been reasonably easy to find, although I only saw 1 each of #'s 37, 39 and 40.

We still haven't even received the 2nd wave of Deluxe or the large vehicles either.  Oi.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #20 on: June 9, 2005, 06:08 AM »
It's funny that even the Commanders, which had hit en masse and sat a LITTLE longer than most other stuff they shipped with in the last week or two, they're all gone now... 

It's funny how fast that stuff goes.  That COmmander sat longer than the grunts, but even the reshipment of him is gone from my area now.  I shoulda picked 2 or 3 more up I think just so I didn't have to think about it.

I've only seen like 1 each of some of those ones you did too Jesse...  Like, I've NEVER seen Vader's Med Droid.  Never.  Weird, I know, but it's one I still don't have simply because it doesn't seem to linger.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 9, 2005, 06:40 AM »
  Like, I've NEVER seen Vader's Med Droid.  Never.  Weird, I know, but it's one I still don't have simply because it doesn't seem to linger.

You should come out here. That's all I see besides Wookiee Warriors and Nemodians.
I remember my dream now.

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama! So what?!?
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I work on Antarctic bugs!!!
« Reply #22 on: June 9, 2005, 08:58 AM »
I just spent a few minutes digging through vader's droid, wookies, nemodians, and a bunch of jedi to find a lonesome at-te gunner.
You are never alone when there's a clone.

"Feel don't think"...and she slapped me right after I said it too.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 9, 2005, 02:16 PM »
To reiterate a little, Target had a ****load of Commanders and I pondered too long in regards to picking up some extras...now they are long gone.

Nemodians are sitting, as well as the secondary Jedi characters.

The baddies sell well in my area - Dooku, Vader, Emperor (sans the purple garb), and of course - CLONES!!

Offline obi-dad

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2005, 04:50 PM »
Not much different in St. Louis.   I have seen 2 Vaders, 5 or so SA clones... only 1 vader on the table ever.   I haven't seen the vanilla wookie warrior except once.

Offline Commander CuDa

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • CLICK HERE TO GET A COLLECTION VERY CHEAP
« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2005, 04:09 AM »
These are around here but kinda hard to find .
I will put a 1 next to it if its never been seen. A 2 next to it if i have seen alteast 15 of them. and a 3 if i see them all the time.  (washington state - spokane)

1 - #23 Red Guard (was always hard to find though)  =1
  2 - #23 Blue Guard ( never see  =1
  3 - #18 C3PO  =3
  4 - #11 Darth Vader  =1
  5 - #17 Battle Droid  =2
  6 - #6 Clone Trooper =3
  7 - #9 Grievous  =3
  8 - #28 Anakin   =3
  9 - #13 Dooku   =3
10 - #12 Palpatine  =3 ( in all versions out as of today)

I also have seen only about 5 Padmes And I am a hunter of all these toys I shop atleast 2 -3 times a week at almost all the big stores and med sized stores in this area .

Is Ask akk hard to find for you guys ? I have only seen 1 of him .

Clone commanders are also pretty hard to fine i would rank them as a 2
CHECK OUT MY WEB SITE TO VIEW AND BUY MY COLLECTION !

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2005, 08:33 AM »
For my neck of the woods, #38 AT-TE Gunner and the #23 Blue Royal Guard. I picked up 2 of the AT-TE Gunners on April 2nd and I have not seen another since then. The Blue Royal Guard has not made it's was up to Canada unless you find him in a comic/figure shop. Seems to be the Red ARC syndrome all over again.

As for Red Royal Guards, they were a dime a dozen up here then they vanished and are now showing up again.

I still have not seen the deluxe Vader Frankenstein table tho.  :-\

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2005, 03:57 PM »
As of this weekend, the harder to find (in the Southern New Jersey area) figures are:

- #23 Royal Guard (I saw a bunch of each color throughout April, but haven't seen one in a few weeks)
 - #11 Darth Vader (I see one every now and then, but he's turned out to be fairly difficult to find lately)
 - #38 AT-TE Gunner (I've seen a bunch of him, but he never lasts more than a day at retail)

Other than those ^ guys, I've seen bunches of all of the other figures.  The clones (#6, #41) sell well but I always see them at retail, the clone commander was warming pegs for a couple of weeks but is now becoming harder to find. 
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Offline zerotraces

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2005, 10:57 PM »
Since Target is getting ready to repeg the stores at the end of june and Walmart is doing the same at the end of july, they are all starting getting harder to find.  I find it hard to believe they are repegging the stores this early for christmas, but I was told that by many different store managers and 4 or 5 stores.

I don't think I have seen a #11 in a store for 4 or 5 weeks though.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #29 on: June 14, 2005, 12:09 AM »
They tend to do toy resets periodically.  I'd look for another one before X-Mas actually...  Most stores do resets by season.  Spring, Summer, Fall/Christmas...  I think you'll see at least one more before X-Mas rolls around.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77