Author Topic: What figures are hard to find now?  (Read 19429 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
What figures are hard to find now?
« on: June 2, 2005, 10:36 AM »
Let's speak about 1-32 for now, the initial waves that most places seemed to get in for the April 2 release.

What figures are drying up in your area?  What's the hardest ones to find?

In my experience, the following figures are very damn hard to find now -

1 - #23 Red Guard (was always hard to find though)
  2 - #23 Blue Guard
  3 - #18 C3PO
  4 - #11 Darth Vader
  5 - #17 Battle Droid
  6 - #6 Clone Trooper
  7 - #9 Grievous
  8 - #28 Anakin
  9 - #13 Dooku
10 - #12 Palpatine

:P

Offline Xander

• Jedi Initiate
  • She-mantis, Ampata, Anya…a true demon magnet
    • View Profile
Re: What figures are hard to find now?
« Reply #1 on: June 2, 2005, 10:47 AM »
To me, its noticeably been:

#9 Grievous
#11 Darth Vader
#23 Blue Guard
#23 Red Guard  - never seen it

I see #6 clones here and there which surprises me. Same with the others.

I suppose I don't really notice other characters for some reason, like Anakins or Obi-Wans.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 2, 2005, 12:33 PM »

1 - #23 Red Guard (was always hard to find though)
  2 - #23 Blue Guard
  3 - #18 C3PO
  4 - #11 Darth Vader
  5 - #17 Battle Droid
  6 - #6 Clone Trooper
  7 - #9 Grievous
  8 - #28 Anakin
  9 - #13 Dooku
10 - #12 Palpatine

:P

I would say this list goes for my area as well, but I have to say that the #6 clone pops up the most often out of all of those (belive it or not.)
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline CloneF13Y35

• Jedi Padawan
  • I think I"m a CLone Now
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 2, 2005, 12:51 PM »
In my area, the red/blue guard and Vader are hard to find. pretty much everyone else is available in various quantities.
{{|///////Frank//}[================>
"I think I'm a Clone now"
"No I'm not!"
"Yes - I AM"

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama! So what?!?
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I work on Antarctic bugs!!!
« Reply #4 on: June 2, 2005, 12:59 PM »
1) The guards, both red and blue
2) #6 clone
3) battle droid
4) Darth Vader
5) Padme (wow, I miss her b/c of this)
6) C3PO

I see all the rest frequently.
You are never alone when there's a clone.

"Feel don't think"...and she slapped me right after I said it too.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #5 on: June 2, 2005, 03:28 PM »
Yeah, it's pretty much the same here:

Vader
Grievous #9
Clone #6
Red/Blue Guards
Dooku
C-3PO
Anakin #2
Battle Droid
Both Yodas seem to have dried up too

And to a lesser degree:

Tarfful
Padme

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 2, 2005, 03:42 PM »
#6 and #41 Clone
Blue Guards
AT-TE (I have only seen him twice ???)

Clone Commanders and Pilots were warming the pegs here but over the last few days all  have vanished.

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 2, 2005, 05:09 PM »
1.  Red Royal Guard: I've only ever seen him twice and both of those were back around the first week of April.  Any other time I've seen a case with an RG in it, it's been the Blue version.

2.  Clone Trooper: No explanation necessary.  As I said in another thread, if it's a plain white Clone and it doesn't have a jetpack, it flies off the shelves.

3.  Vader: the basic one is nonexistent at this point, the Deluxe Anakin with Armor has all but dried up, and the Operating Table Vader disappears almost as quickly as the SA Clones seem to.

4.  Blue Royal Guard: they show up more frequently than the red RG, but not quite as much as many of the other figures.

5.  Padme: I'm quite shocked at how these disappeared overnight once the movie opened.  If any single figure benefitted from the film as far as sales went, Padme was it.

Others that are fairly hard to find (from least difficult to most difficult, relatively speaking) mainly come from 37 on up.  Aayla Secura, who sold fairly briskly at first, has started to stick around for a bit, but the number of Threepios has started to dwindle along the lines of Padme recently.  I don't think stores will be able to give away Bail Organa, which bothers me since it is a truly great figure that isn't getting the attention it deserves.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 2, 2005, 06:58 PM »
For me it's:

1) AT-TE Gunner
2) Red Royal Guard
3) Darth Vader
4) General Grievous (#9)
5) Blue Senate Guard

All of the others I can find, even it takes some heavy-duty searching.

I guess I could include the original version of Anakin (#2) in this list too - all I see now are the version that comes with Dooku's lightsaber instead of the Vader one.

Also for some of the other figures it just depends on how picky you want to be about packaging. The TRU near where I work has a lot of #1 - #32 (minus the figures I mention above that fall in this range) that all look like they've been through a war! Since the TRU display came down and they were using the "destroy our product in bins" approach, most of the stuff on the pegs now isn't worth squat (IMHO).
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Newman

• Youngling
  • Meow
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 2, 2005, 07:44 PM »
I would say the red guard is by far the hardest to find figure.  I only came across him once, in comparison I have seen 4 blue guards. Of course I bought all of them.  :P

Offline Jagdohh_Fett

• Jedi Initiate
  • Never to be remembered ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 2, 2005, 08:02 PM »
Definitely haven't seen much of these:

#9 Grievous
#11 Darth Vader
#12 Palpatine
#23 Red Guard
#23 Blue Guard
#38 AT-TE Tank Gunner
"If I'm not back in 5 minutes ... just wait longer."

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #11 on: June 2, 2005, 08:18 PM »
The two toughest to find figures for me have been:

Red Royal Guard (never saw him at retail)
AT-TE Gunner (only saw twice at retail)
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #12 on: June 2, 2005, 08:21 PM »
Weekend/week of the premiere I'd say the mains had become a lot harder to find...  I went out briefly last night and there was replenishment.

In my area, this is a general look at what's tough to find:

-Jedi...  Collection 2 and Collection 1.  Obi-Wan, Yoda, Mace, Agen Kolar, Kit Fisto, Sae Sae Tinn, Plo Koon...  The only easier figures to find were Anakin, Shaak Ti, and Luminara.  The others have dried up some.  Why Anakin's around more than others is a mystery.

-Royal Guards (Red or Blue, though Blue's seemingly been easier to find, with good reason).  I'd like at least 6 more red's, and honestly I'd probably NOT stop buying the RG's for some time (red or blue).  Senators need guards, Palpy's need guards, and customs galore...  I want more of that figure.

-Clones...  Clone Commanders and Pilots are more abundant, but Basic White Clones (TE Gunner, #41, #6) are gone about as fast as they're put out.

-Battledroids dried up, and I'm not really surprised.  Even the SBD's which were wildly abundant have dried up...

-Surprises?  Padme, 3PO, and Mon Mothma....  These all sorta disappeared.  I see one or two here and there, but not much compared to what was out.  Oh, and Chewbacca.  Not that he's a huge surprise, but just that there were SO many of him and now he's pretty well sold through.

What's hanging around though?

-Recently heavy shipped figures like the Destroyer Droid, Neimodian Gunner, and Wookie #2...

-Tarful

-Deluxe...  ALmost all, save for the most recent releases.

-Clone Pilots & Commanders (Commanders are mounting up but still sorta selling it seems).

-Bail Organa

-Grievous Exploding

-Mas Ameda

I'm sure I'm missing some things too...  WM's were pretty well hit and cleared after the film's release, at least in my area.  I was impressed.  I think it's amazing what a GOOD film can do for a toy line rather than 2 lackluster films that weren't "cool" to enjoy.

And also a much superior toy line compared to the last 2 films.  These figures are outstanding not only compared to Episode I's launch and II's as well, but just in a general comparison to the toy aisles at stores...  Hasbro put out a better product that rivals other lines for once.  It 's working for them.  It worked pretty good for OTC as well, so it's nice to see the line actually "compete" better than it has in past years.

I'm sure we'll get to a point of over-production on a lot of stuff...  I think the army builders will move slowly, but the Neimodian and DD have the toughest job of selling I think.  I'll buy Neimodians, but I know not EVERYONE will want an army of him.  Wookiees I think have some backing by the kiddies...  I'm gonna cover my bases and get some of the "odd" stuff that didn't really make the film that I hadn't picked up yet...  The movie was really inspiring to WANT to buy things I hadn't picked up yet, and that's a pretty great thing.  I know Episode II didn't give that kind of feeling after seeing it, except I wanted a GOOD SA Clone (that ultimately I couldn't get many of anyway, even still  ::) ).
« Last Edit: June 2, 2005, 08:23 PM by Jesse James »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Commander JediSearch

• Jedi Initiate
  • Do what must be done... I support Order 66
    • View Profile
    • The Archive
« Reply #13 on: June 2, 2005, 09:00 PM »
The two toughest to find figures for me have been:

Red Royal Guard (never saw him at retail)
AT-TE Gunner (only saw twice at retail)

Same here!

Red Royal Guard - Never saw him either;
AT-TE: I only saw once, and I bought him.
Stephen - Louisville, KY
Sandtroopers | KSWCC | My Collection

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 8, 2005, 12:00 PM »
Although most of the time when I check the Star Wars pegs, I just scan for the figures I'm looking for and kind of gloss over everything else...today I took a trip to Target to look for the Tarkin wave (as well as the new cup sets, although I didn't expect to see them yet)...and took notice of what figures were/weren't there.  Surprisingly (at least to me), there was not a single basic carded Obi-Wan or Anakin on the pegs.  Ones that you would think, with history supporting it, would be the pegwarmers.  I don't know for sure about Wal-Mart, but I think it is somewhat similar there.  In fact, this Target...while stocked pretty well, didn't have any of the following figures:

Obi-Wan(s)
Anakin(s)
Darth Vader
General Grievous
Chewbacca
Padme
C-3PO
R2-D2
Yoda

Those were the ones I would peg for sitting, and maybe it is just in my neighborhood, but it was funny to see those all sold out now.  Many of them can be found elsewhere I'm sure, but they are becoming more scarce everywhere here in town.  Target in particular is now the land of Tarffuls, Ki Adis, Bail, Polis, and Super Battle Droids :).