Author Topic: What figures are hard to find now?  (Read 19431 times)

Offline Xander

• Jedi Initiate
  • She-mantis, Ampata, Anya…a true demon magnet
    • View Profile
Re: What figures are hard to find now?
« Reply #45 on: December 1, 2005, 11:13 PM »
Wouldn't you know it, as soon as I say I don't care about not finding the final five, there they are. I found them tonight, so I bought 3. So much for I don't need them.

Yeah, actually I guess the red Saga clone was readily available, especially during the KB clearances. I guess I'm just struck by the improved quality this time around. #41 seems so good that the Build Your Army 3 packs really have been hanging around the pegs for ages. To me the overall supply of clones, or army builders,  is a step up from all previous lines, though certainly not perfect to meet demand. The best case scenario would include more ranks and characters.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #46 on: December 2, 2005, 12:16 AM »
I think they did pretty good too, but kind of late...  During the film's release and building up to it Clones were non-existant on the pegs...  They didn't exactly mix the paint variant Clones in heavily either though the Green Cmdr. is showing regularly around here anyway now.  The Black Pilot and Red Shocktrooper were REALLY hard to find though, and both are pretty cool figures worth having a nice army of, especially the #6 Red...  :(

Hasbro, around September, finally started getting heavy rotation on the SA sculpt in my area, and it still sold out till about October around here, and now I see them here and there in groupings no more than 6 or so...  I'd say they really REALLY earned a major return in profit on that one. :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline TheBlackDog65

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 2, 2005, 02:14 AM »
I agree. The last 5 are not hard to find now.  Twins have not been hard to find nor were the Shadow Troopers. Other than that the only thing I cannot find is the Bly Variant to see if it is really worth picking up.
"For too long gentleness has been equated with weakness.  Yet it takes more strength to be gentle than to be mean."

John Keeshan

Wants: Saga Wave 3

Offline SpudTrooper

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 2, 2005, 03:18 AM »
i'd say the shocktrooper, looks like he's gone  :-\

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #49 on: December 2, 2005, 04:25 AM »
The last 5 have yet to show here in Iowa.  I'm not too worried, since Tarkin just showed up, but I have a feeling TSC stuff is going to start popping up any day now, so... oh, well.  I've been pretty lucky this year.  Previous years I ended up going on line for something, but this year, I've found everything I wanted.  And I just jinxed myself.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #50 on: December 2, 2005, 10:03 AM »
The only figures I have never seen at retail are:

Tarkin (got him off of Hasblo's webstie)
Passel Argente (got him same way I got Tarkin)
#68 Wookie Gunner -- the only figure I'm missing.
« Last Edit: December 2, 2005, 10:04 AM by Matt_Fury »
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 2, 2005, 10:50 AM »
Easy- shock trooper found 26 total-traded/sold them for retail to folks who needed it
        - black pilot found 8 in stores
        -501 trooper found 8 so far
        -green comm found about 30/bought 6

hard- Have to say senators/tarkin wave saw them only after they were refreshers in later waves-though I hear there's tons at DL ( but they cost alot more) I wonder if that's why all the cases sold out so quick...DL bought them?

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama! So what?!?
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I work on Antarctic bugs!!!
« Reply #52 on: December 2, 2005, 08:31 PM »
I have to agree.
Shocktroopers - 1
Black Pilots         0
501 troopers      0
Green commander  2

That is it.
You are never alone when there's a clone.

"Feel don't think"...and she slapped me right after I said it too.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #53 on: December 3, 2005, 03:00 AM »
Never seen a black pilot.  2 shocktroopers, a few green commanders, and zero 501st.

Offline Nerfherder

• Youngling
  • Who's scruffy lookin'?
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 5, 2005, 11:59 AM »
I have never seen Passel Argente, Cat Miin, or the white bodyguard. It seems all the collection 1 cases we got here in Colorado were missing these three figures.

Tarkin and Ask Aak. I have seen tarkin a couple times and Ask Aak once, and that was last week.

The jedi holograms from the final five - I have seen these only a couple times. Same with 501st I guess, though I have three of these.

I left alot of shocktroopers on the pegs. I think I got 5 and that was plenty.
Attachment leads to jealousy. The shadow of greed, that is.

You must train yourself to let go of everything you fear to lose

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 5, 2005, 12:40 PM »
I never saw the Black Pilot here either, but I didn't necessarily need/want one anyways.  The Final 5 have been scarce too, I saw a few of them one time, on Black Friday, and picked up R4 and a Tac. Ops trooper.  They didn't have the Wookiee Gunner or the Holo Plo Koon there though, must have missed those or something.  The only other one I wanted was the wookiee gunner (and maybe another tac ops), but if I don't find one at retail, I'll live.  Things have really dried up here basic figure-wise.  Target has narrowed its basic figure area to two rows of pegs, full of the usual suspects and a lone Vader and Clone.  Wal-Mart has nothing but Neimodians (1st ver), Mas, and Polis.  Literally, nothing else...and lots and lots of those three.  I'm hoping that they can clear those out and make room for TSC.  At both stores, it seems like the "other lines" from SW take up a lot more aisle space that the supposedly "bread and butter" basic figure line :).

Offline rishakra

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 5, 2005, 01:41 PM »
I left alot of shocktroopers on the pegs. I think I got 5 and that was plenty.

LUCKY....  I never found a shocktrooper but found all others at least once.  Lately the only figures that are not absent are Palpatine, Mon Mothma, Nemoidian Guard and a few more standard pegwarmers.  The holiday shopping season is good for clearing out figures around Northern VA.

Offline SpudTrooper

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 7, 2005, 10:31 PM »
i think another rare figure is the White Bodyguard. only seen it once.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #58 on: December 7, 2005, 11:12 PM »
I only saw him once, too.  And Obi Pilot and the AT RT Driver have disappeared overnight.  Just a couple days ago there were so many I was thinking 'clearance', but alas... and none in town anywhere else.  Sigh.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 8, 2005, 10:01 AM »
Same thing here, for awhile I saw tons and tons of the AT-RT Driver, Pilot Obi-Wan, as well as Vader and #41 Clones.  Those are long gone now.  Wal-Mart here is sitting on TONS of the usual pegwarmers (mainly Neimodian Warriors, Polis, Mas), and after stopping at Target yesterday, they were down to 10 basic figures.  Out of those, seven were Polis Massans, with 2 Mas and 1 Neimodian.  Kind of glad to see them narrowed down so there isn't a big glut to dig through when the Saga Collection starts hitting...but who knows, we might see some more shipments yet too.  It would stink if you were a kid asking for Star Wars figures for Christmas if all you could get is Polis, Mas, and Neimodian...the three amigos of pegwarming :).