Author Topic: 3rd Annual JediDefender Secret Santa gift exchange!  (Read 47858 times)

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: 3rd Annual JediDefender Secret Santa gift exchange!
« Reply #285 on: June 1, 2006, 02:20 PM »
How did that work? An extra toy per month waited? I'll bet he(the Santa) got some of them from someone he knows for clearance ;).

On the receiving end though...Awesome!

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #286 on: June 1, 2006, 02:45 PM »
Will there be a 2006 event?

Not under the current set-up, that's for sure.

I believe there were/are 3 people who have yet to get a gift (either lost in the mail or just plain stiffed) and that is just ridiculous - it's JUNE!

The 2006 event will most likely have stricter rules, a "mail by" deadline date and will most likely have some kind of punishment for not meeting the deadline (since it apparently has come to that).

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: June 1, 2006, 05:08 PM »
Well...at least I mailed mine off by Jan 6th :-\ :(

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: June 1, 2006, 05:19 PM »
Welcome to the JD Father's Day gift exchange. :)
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Hemish

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: June 2, 2006, 12:16 AM »
The year before i got like 10 loose rebel fleet troopers from i think it was jokobofe so I'm thinking it kinda makes up for this years getting lost, But I still hope whichever bastich from the mail service that took it has some bad karma coming his way.
Never mind DS there is always this year :)
The problem with America is stupidity I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself

Offline JoshEEE

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • My Star Wars collection
« Reply #290 on: June 6, 2006, 03:57 PM »
The 2006 event will most likely have stricter rules, a "mail by" deadline date and will most likely have some kind of punishment for not meeting the deadline (since it apparently has come to that).

That makes sense.  Perhaps people who have been unsuccesful in sending gifts in the past shouldn't be allowed to participate, or at the very least simply not be assigned a Secret Santa until their recipient has received a package.

I know I've enjoyed it the last couple of years and would hate to see it go away because we have people that either lost interest, refused to send packages until they received one....or are just procrastinating a little too long.

Got Clones?

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: June 7, 2006, 01:39 AM »
then I guess I should be dissallowed to plat next year then?

50$ worth of merchandise and shipping wasted...I guess I COULD look forward to THAT not happening again :-\

Offline JoshEEE

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: June 7, 2006, 03:59 PM »
then I guess I should be dissallowed to plat next year then?

Did you not send a gift? I didn't scroll back through the thread to find out what your situation was.
Got Clones?

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: June 7, 2006, 09:51 PM »
Yeah, Jon did, but it was lost in transit overseas.  Not good for Jon or the recipient (Hemish, I think). 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline JoshEEE

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: June 8, 2006, 08:48 PM »
Yeah, Jon did, but it was lost in transit overseas.  Not good for Jon or the recipient (Hemish, I think). 

That sucks. I've never lost a package yet, but I think I'll send with delivery confirmation and insurance when I do the secret santa packages, because I'm sending to someone who has no idea it's coming and that's really the only way to verify they got MY gift.

I'd recommend everyone spend the extra dollar to do that this Christmas, it'll help save you the grief.  ;D
Got Clones?

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: June 9, 2006, 11:42 AM »
That's an interesting point. I considered it for about 2 seconds before shipping the package to Australia. After determining I spent over 40$ on a gifts then 14$+ on custom air shipping as it were I deducted I was done spending and didn't want to spend the 2+ more for DC. Since I was a 'new guy' for SS I guess that's why I got 'picked' to ship the farthest? All I could determine since I know alot of the pairings were not random. I guess I got a BURNing start with the SS program.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: June 9, 2006, 01:13 PM »
Since I was a 'new guy' for SS I guess that's why I got 'picked' to ship the farthest? All I could determine since I know alot of the pairings were not random.

Some guys made requests for who they wanted to send their gifts to, so those ones weren't random.  But the remaining guys who didn't state a preference were paired randomly.  Jon, you didn't get pcked to ship the farthest because you were new, that was just luck of the draw.

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: June 9, 2006, 08:33 PM »
You're right Jesse...No offense Hemish..but I'm just not very lucky guy. :(