Author Topic: 3rd Annual JediDefender Secret Santa gift exchange!  (Read 47886 times)

Offline Hemish

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Blah
    • View Profile
Re: 3rd Annual JediDefender Secret Santa gift exchange!
« Reply #45 on: December 6, 2005, 12:47 AM »
If i have 2 weeks before xmas i should be sweet
The problem with America is stupidity I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #46 on: December 6, 2005, 04:31 AM »
Do we receive a PM telling us who our secret santa is?

:P

Nope, not yet.  Sign-ups will end at noon on Dec. 7th (Wednesday), so maybe we can lure a few more stragglers in here before then.  I'll send around PMs to everyone with their Secret Santa assignments later that day.

Also, everyone should PM me their addresses, if they haven't already done so.  I'll be keeping them private of course, and only sharing them with your Secret Santa.  So try and get the rest of those in folks.  Time's a'tickin'!

- M

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 6, 2005, 10:58 AM »
And it would be great if everyone could post a "needs" list in the Classifieds section to help the Santas know what the "kids" need.   ;)

Offline S_A_Longhorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Hook 'Em Horns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 6, 2005, 03:52 PM »
I would like to participate but I have little to trade in terms of unopened SW toys.  Also, unless it is available in stores, would I have to buy off eBay or other scalpers??

Any additional information would be helpful to better understand.  I'm a noob when it comes to this Secret Santa on JD.

Great idea though!
"WE HAVE NOTHING TO HIDE.  TODD WILL COOPERATE."
-Sarah Palin to Charlie Gibson, a week before her husband, Todd Palin, refused to cooperate

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #49 on: December 6, 2005, 05:00 PM »
Well, it doesn't necessarily have to be new or unopened SW toys, and you don't HAVE to get something off of someone's want list.  Folks are just posting those to give their Santas a hint as to what they're in the market for, or what type of stuff they collect.

Most people (who are openers) always love extra Clones, or army-builders, even if they're open.  Heck, it doesn't even have to be Star Wars related.  You could give gift cards, CDs, DVDs, books, whatever...

That help at all, S_A_?

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 6, 2005, 06:43 PM »
Sign me up...whew...I almost missed this!!
Beth

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 6, 2005, 06:54 PM »
Well, it doesn't necessarily have to be new or unopened SW toys, and you don't HAVE to get something off of someone's want list.  Folks are just posting those to give their Santas a hint as to what they're in the market for, or what type of stuff they collect.

Most people (who are openers) always love extra Clones, or army-builders, even if they're open.  Heck, it doesn't even have to be Star Wars related.  You could give gift cards, CDs, DVDs, books, whatever...

That help at all, S_A_?

That's true, one year I couldn't find anything on a guy's want list except for a couple of movies he listed.  It was scary, but I managed to find some stuff. 

And though it hasn't been mentioned (or I missed it) you need only spend as much or as little as you feel comfortable with.  The real intent here is the spirit of the notion not that somebody buys me a trilogo vintage boba fett.  Not that I wouldn't be happy if I got one, but that's not what it's about :P
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 6, 2005, 11:54 PM »
I would like to participate but I have little to trade in terms of unopened SW toys.  Also, unless it is available in stores, would I have to buy off eBay or other scalpers??

Any additional information would be helpful to better understand.  I'm a noob when it comes to this Secret Santa on JD.

Great idea though!

Yeah like Matt and MorgBug have said you don't have to send SW stuff.  I know I have gotten a Movie from Brent the first time we did this since he didn't have access to anything on my wants list.  I have sent out all star wars stuff to my receipent only because of the easy of what they needed, one was an army builder and the other one was tougher but mangaed to get something that he needed after a little digging.    As far as how much you spend I usually only spend around $25 or so not inculding Shipping.   

Offline chuckles

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 7, 2005, 09:57 AM »
OK, I'm in again, too.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 7, 2005, 01:26 PM »
OK, I'm in again, too.

It's Alllllliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiive. :o
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #55 on: December 7, 2005, 07:01 PM »
Updated the list one last time.  I'll try to send everyone their assignments later tonight.  Thanks for playing!  ;)

Great idea though!

Longhorn, you in or out?  Couldn't quite tell from your post here, so LMK so I can include you in the fun if you'd like!  Thanks.

- Matt

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 7, 2005, 09:19 PM »

JD Secret Santa Gift Exchange Sign-up List:

1.  JediMAC
  2.  DSJ
  3.  jokabofe
  4.  Morgbug
  5.  JayDouble
  6.  Angry Ewok
  7.  Ryan
  8.  JoshEEE
  9.  Darth Kenobi
10.  MetalJedi
11.  Deanpaul
12.  Mikey D
13.  Jeff
14.  Bob Loblaw
15.  stormie
16.  Scott
17.  Darth Slothus
18.  tamidala
19.  SpudTrooper
20.  CHEWIE
21.  Stim
22.  *Rotav Vator*
23.  Hemish
24.  jadesfire
25.  chuckles

8)

Psssssst -- I think you forgot JesseVader ;)...................
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #57 on: December 7, 2005, 10:40 PM »
Psssssst -- I think you forgot JesseVader ;)...................

Psssssst...  No I didn't.  :P

I had Jesse in there originally, but some stuff has just come up with him, and he's probably going to be away for a little while so he asked that he be taken out of the gift exchange since he probably wouldn't have time to properly partake in the festivities.

But good eye anyway, Tracy!  Are you an auditor too?  ;)
« Last Edit: December 7, 2005, 10:42 PM by JediMAC »

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 7, 2005, 11:47 PM »
knowledge=power, way to withold

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #59 on: December 8, 2005, 05:51 AM »
Updated the list one last time.  I'll try to send everyone their assignments later tonight.  Thanks for playing!  ;)

I'll have to shoot for sometime later today now.  I want to pull up the lists from the last couple years and make sure nobody gets the same person, and all that jazz...

Still missing a few addresses too, so get 'em in to me if you haven't already done so.  Thanks!

- Matt