Author Topic: D_N's Customs- Updated December 1st?!!!?!  (Read 127242 times)

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: Darth Claus' Customs-*UPDATE* December 24, 2005
« Reply #165 on: December 25, 2005, 12:42 PM »
Yea I hate when I lose a custom.(or when a parent is "stragiteneing" up for a holiday.My mother Put almost EVERYTHING she though I wasn't using (3 or 4 WIP's) in a giant bag       WEll dive,dive,dive.

Back on  track I think your past customs are fantastic.As always.

Really isn't much critisim to say.

Well, there's no one to blame for the loss of Wes but me. I just hope I'll find it. Thanks for your comments.

Well, I got some cool stuff for Xmas and got to work.

No Jedi should be squeaky clean! Here's Plo Koon and Kit Fisto:

And now here's my new centerpiece, a heavily weathered Halo Red Spartan, based on my Player Profile.

Also, I'm working on a pain in the ass WIP, a Desert Recon Airspeeder. I also repainted my ARC in  a more neutral color other than olive drab, I'll post pics later. Oh, and I ditched the 217th and am sticking with the 194th, a desert-based Clone unit stationed on Dantooine. I have 3 members and 3 vehicles for them already. Check back soon.

Well, I hope you like them. LMK what you think, all comments are appreciated. Thanks for looking, and have a very merry Christmas.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2005, 04:05 PM by Darth Claus »
My whole expanse...I cannot see...

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Darth Claus' Customs-*UPDATE*December 25, 2005
« Reply #166 on: December 25, 2005, 04:08 PM »
Cool, a Christmas Update! 

Very nice weathering on both Jedi.  Makes them look like they've been on the field of battle.

On the Halo figure, it looks outstanding - how big is it?  Is it the same as SW figures, or are these bigger?

And I really, really like this guy.  Very awesome.

:P

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: December 25, 2005, 04:15 PM »
The Halo fig is actually about 7 inches tall.
Yeah, at first Plo was going to be all tan to be a Rebel general, but the paint was tacky so I took most of it off. What's left is what you see. On that guy, he looks even better IMO. The green parts are tan now and he has a softgoods kama and a SG headband. His name is now Hurtis Barker, Commander of the 194th Legion. Thanks for your comments.

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
« Reply #168 on: December 25, 2005, 05:56 PM »
I love the Halo figure!  I made my player profile a while ago.  The only complaint with these Halo 2 figures is the way they articulated the hips - I've broken at least 2 Master Chiefs without even doing anything  :-\

Anyway, I really like that Neimoidian a few pages back - the headgear and the uniform look great and he definitely looks more hardcore than the hasbro Neimoidian Warrior figure.  Great work!
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: December 25, 2005, 06:21 PM »
I love the Halo figure!  I made my player profile a while ago.  The only complaint with these Halo 2 figures is the way they articulated the hips - I've broken at least 2 Master Chiefs without even doing anything  :-\

Anyway, I really like that Neimoidian a few pages back - the headgear and the uniform look great and he definitely looks more hardcore than the hasbro Neimoidian Warrior figure.  Great work!

Yeah, I've done that to at least three of mine. It's really frustrating. I haven't seen you in a while, thanks for commenting.

Here's five more customs on Christmas Day. The Legion of the 194th is a desert based unit stationed on the barren wasteland of Dantooine. They do not wear helmets becaue of the intense heat. The helmet acted like a greenhouse with all the heat so they wear headbands to mop up their sweat.

Here's Mafde Cruta, a human Heavy Gunner in the 194th. He carries sand goggles, a canteen and an extra ammo cartridge for his heavy weapon.

And here is Rever Qasto, a rifle man in the Legion.

And here is Hertios Barker, the human Commander of the 194th Desert Batallion.

Now for vehicles.

Here is the Desert Recon Airspeeder, or the DRA. Light and agile, it is used primarily in night excursions to report on Seperatist positions and return to Command. Man, this was a major pain in the ass.

And here is the LPRV equipped for the 194th.

Well, I hope you like them. LMK what you think, all comments are appreciated. Thanks for looking, and have a very merry Christmas.

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: December 25, 2005, 06:29 PM »
Great update!  That Banshee repaint rules!  I can only imagine how hard that was to do!

Your clones are very cool - definitely have a battle-worn feel and the color scheme looks great for a desert. 

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: Darth Nircvana's Customs-*UPDATE*12/25- 194TH DESERT STRIKE BATALLION
« Reply #171 on: December 25, 2005, 06:32 PM »
That Banshee truly was the hardest custom I've done. There were three different shades of purple and little silver panels all over. Some of the silver I just thought 'screw it' and painted over them. It took me all day today. Thanks for your comments, are gonna do some more customs? I always enjoyed seeing your customs.

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: December 25, 2005, 06:40 PM »
That Banshee truly was the hardest custom I've done. There were three different shades of purple and little silver panels all over. Some of the silver I just thought 'screw it' and painted over them. It took me all day today. Thanks for your comments, are gonna do some more customs? I always enjoyed seeing your customs.

You should be proud of your hard work, the Banshee came out great!  Strangely enough, that was one of the only Halo vehicles I never picked up (never had the right money at the right time  ;))
As for my customs, I finished up a bunch of Hasbro 12" figure "upgrades" (not really "customs" because all I did was body swaps and painted gloves) and I also finished up a Mandalorian and Assassin Droid yesterday, so I'll try to take some pics later today.

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: December 26, 2005, 08:11 AM »
I strongly suggest piking up the Halo 2 Banshee, it still might be out now. It was a pain in the ass but now it's done, and it looks really cool. Yeah, I saw you customs and commented on them, they look good.

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: December 26, 2005, 02:25 PM »
I just finished my FIRST EVER movie custom! It's Commander Gree. I fixed his helmet, revamped the camo, darkened the shoulder pads, and added SG suspenders and SG leg belt.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: December 26, 2005, 04:30 PM »
Nirvana, you have become a customizing machine!  Wow!  I can barely keep up with your thread lately!  But that's a good thing!   :)

Mafde Cruta - Cool design, again a great mix with BBI parts.

Rever Qasto - Now this one I really, really like!  The thing that sets it off to me is the sock-cap type hat he has.  Very cool addition to him, and as always a cool overall design.

Hertios Barker - Again, good use of parts here and painting.

Desert Recon Airspeeder - That had to be hell to paint.  It turned out very nicely though, so I'm sure it was worth the work.  Can't wait to see it in action.

LPRV - Very cool too.  I think if you could paint some sort of Republic symbol on it, it might really give it that Star Wars look.

Again, great work and thans for sharing it with us.

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: December 26, 2005, 05:12 PM »
Well, I just got alot of new paint and suppllies for Christmas, so expect alot more ;).

I like Commander Barker the most, I really like the headsculpt and the way the headband looks on all of them.

The DRA was the hardest custom I've ever done. It was so much paint and detail and it took me all day.

I might have to maybe get some decals, maybe the one's on the Target troop? Do you know how I get them?

I've finished two new ones, the marksman in the 194th and Commander Gree. It's my first movie custom, I'm pretty sure it's accurate. Thanks for your comments.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: December 26, 2005, 06:17 PM »
There was somebody at RS that had decals that they had made for the Target Clone... I got some from him a while back.  If I can find them, they're yours.  But I'm not sure if I still have them or not.  I'll check.

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: December 26, 2005, 06:32 PM »
Oh, that's okay. I already got started on making my own symbol- it'll be the official symbol of the 194th.

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: Darth Nirvana's Customs-*UPDATE*12/25- 194TH DESERT STRIKE BATALLION
« Reply #179 on: December 29, 2005, 10:05 PM »
Heehee, I got 3 SA's for Xmas!. Now, if only to figure out what to do with them...I'm thinking a 194th Airborne divisino. ANy suggestions?