Author Topic: D_N's Customs- Updated December 1st?!!!?!  (Read 127998 times)

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Um.....yeah, he's just a tad enthusiastic. ;)
My whole expanse...I cannot see...

Offline Darth Nuch

• Youngling
  • I have a bad feeling about this...
    • View Profile
Good job :D

Hey Darth Nirvana, this is Darth Nuch. I want to thank you again for showing me this site. It is really neat. Anyone that wants to talk to me you know what to do :)
"No......No.....YOU have lost!"

Offline Spectre

• Jedi Initiate
  • Spirit Of Wrath
    • View Profile
Darth Nirvana,

You certainly produce alot of figures in a short period of time! I'm not a Clone fan myself, but I have to admire your enthusiasm for the customizing hobby :D

My only suggestion (aside from doing something other than yet more Clones anyway ;) ) would be arm them with weapons that are not obvoiusly Earthly in origin. The BBI weapons are great and all, but are far too regognizable as the automatic firearms they are. Even if you do something as simple as relocating the magazine (clip) around so it sticks out horizontally from middle of the left side of the weapon (like most SW blaster rifles) and removed the sights at the end of the barrels it would make them look a bit more sci-fi in nature.

Looking for EXCELLENT 1/18 scale weapons? Check out Marauder, Inc.
www.marauderinc.com/servlet/StoreFront

1 Stop Shopping For all Your Customs Needs:
www.goodtogocustoms.com

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
Eon J'Toul - Cool background story!  I like the design of the character - he definitely feels like a mercenary.  The only thing that I would change would be to paint his white arms a darker color.  If they're mechanical, maybe "pewter" or some sort of dark metallic color.

The Turbo Tank Division Commander looks pretty badass.  Is that a modified BBi helmet?  I like the color choice, it kind of reminds me of a U.N. Peacekeeper  ;)  Maybe you could add a piece of twist-tie (like the things that hold figures into the packaging) to give his helmet a communications microphone (like what Gen. Veers has)?

I really like all of the softgoods that you do - it's always a bonus to see softgoods!  I agree with CHEWIE - using some different color fabrics would help the figures stand out a bit more. 

I also agree with Spectre's comments about the weapons - small tweaks on the modern weapons can really make a weapon look different.  Cutting off and switching barrels, repositioning magazines and sights, as well as adding other bits to the guns can make a world of difference.

Keep up the great work!
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Offline hemble

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ron's military models and custom figures
Mate you've got some great looking figures and all are fantastic but the cloth work sets them on a new level great work and well done.

Ron

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Thanks hemble and everyone else. Your comments help.

On another note, my camera is broken/acting up. On the camera screen it says it's connected to PC, but when I try to download on the computer it says the camera is not responding, check connection, etc. I checked the connection, everything is in working order, and the wire is in fine condition too. Has anyone had this problem? It's really getting me frustrated.

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
Re: Darth Nirvana's Customs- Camera Problems, Need Help!
« Reply #231 on: February 5, 2006, 11:52 AM »
I hate to be the master of the obvious, but have you tried turning everything off and starting the PC back up again?  I've found that many of my device not responding problems are corrected after an "electrical labotamy"

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: February 5, 2006, 12:35 PM »
Well, suprisingly, I haven't done that. But I haven't because it did the same thing on my last use of the camera, but it managed to work. I'll try later today, thanks for your help.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: February 5, 2006, 01:54 PM »
Nirvana, I went though a similar, aggravating problem.  I eventually was able to "dig" into my computer files to find the "E" drive.  After doing that a few times, the problem seemed to fix itself as I started getting the popup again when I was trying to download pics... you could try uninstalling your software, then reinstalling it.

:P

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: February 6, 2006, 07:30 PM »
Thanks for your help guys. I'll probably just end up buying a new one, it sucked as it is. :)

Anyway, my good buddy Darth Nuck hooked me up with a POTF2 Greedo (vinyl vest, articulated knees) but I'm not sure on what do with him. I plan on using the head, vest, and maybe the torso but that's about it.

One of my ideas is to make a Rodian, Grundo, from the CW novel Jedi Trial. I could really use some ideas though.

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: Darth Nirvana's Customs- POTF2 Greedo- What to do? Need ideas!
« Reply #235 on: February 9, 2006, 07:32 PM »
Well, that idea kinda fell through.

Anyway, I know that I haven't updated in a while, I'm running out of fodder and I have a couple WIPs that are in planning as well as production. Here's a custom I've had done for a while, but my camera decided not to work all of sudden. It's fixed now.

Here's an Advanced Republic Military Commander (ARMC). He undergoes the same rigorous training as the ARC troopers and has a similiar paint scheme as well. Trained as a basic trooper as well as the added training to become a Commander, Commander Levant is leader of the 297th, the legion that supported Captain Slayke's forces in the battle of Praesitlyn. He served under Anakin himself and Jedi Master Nejaa Halcyon. (Made up name and legion number, just needed a place to put him.)

Well, I hope you like him. LMK what you think, all comments are appreciated. Thanks for looking.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: D_N's Customs- 2/9/05- ARMC Levant
« Reply #236 on: February 10, 2006, 12:47 AM »
Another update, good to see you have another one here.  He looks pretty nice, and I really like the beard.  Suspenders are a good touch too.  Looking forward to seeing him in action in one of your photonovels.

:P

Offline hemble

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ron's military models and custom figures
« Reply #237 on: February 10, 2006, 04:14 AM »
Another clone to the collection way to go D_N, I always enjoy seeing your work and the way you add things to your figures is excellent and Chewie is right the beard and suspenders are a great touch well done buddy.

Ron

Offline Joe

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: February 11, 2006, 09:19 AM »
neat one...I too like the beard and "straps".....great job as always...

p.s.   HOW MANY EVO.SETS CAN ONE PERSON OWN?

nah..I love clones too...especialy well done ones.
Cheers!

- Joe

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: February 11, 2006, 10:53 AM »
That isn't an Evo clone....it's an SA one with an Evo clone head, and I only found one set.

Anway, thanks for all your comments guys, I'm working on Captian Zorridor Slayke from the same novel. Thanks for your comments everyone.