Author Topic: D_N's Customs- Updated December 1st?!!!?!  (Read 127870 times)

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: Darth Nirvana's Customs- Update 7/4- Another ADSC Team
« Reply #480 on: July 5, 2006, 06:15 PM »
I've done some reworking on Adson (Repainted hair, little cosmetic details) and will post pics of him updated when I pot my ADSC Gunship...it's really coming along pretty fast, I almost have the paint scheme done and then I just have to add some troop bay mods, then weather, then I put it up.

Thanks for the comments, guys, and BrentS, I haven't done any military customs or Joe customs mainly because I like having a 'blank canvas' every time I do a custom as opposed to military ref pics, accurate weapons, pouches, uniforms, etc...If I did have the time, resources, and patience to do military customs, I would, but I just...don't. :)

I also agree that the beret looks a little Earthy, but I put it on him because he was once an elder officer and I figured he would be allowed to wear some sort of testament to his earlier posistion...I had to do some serious X-acto-ing for the BBi beret to fit on Han's poofy hair, lol.
My whole expanse...I cannot see...

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
  • The beatings will continue until morale improves!
    • View Profile
Re: Darth Nirvana's Customs- Update 7/4- Another ADSC Team
« Reply #481 on: July 5, 2006, 06:52 PM »
Actually I like the beret myself. As a matter of fact I was thinking of some appropriate headgear for my entry into the Custom Challenge this month. A beret would be perfect for the security force. Im going to snatch that idea if you don't mind. ;) I will give you full credit for it of course. ;D

I have to admit your customs have been coming out much better without the heavy weathering. You can see a lot more details. this latest batch have been top notch. Though I don't think I commented on it on the thread, I have read the PN some very good story telling there. Great stuff DN.

I don't want you to rush it but I cant wait to see the gunship. ;D

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
I don't want you to rush it but I cant wait to see the gunship. ;D

Well, I finished it a couple days ago and had it in Chapter 3 (coming soon) of my PN, but I finally got around to taking alone pics today:

I've always wanted to do some customs for the CW novel 'Jedi Trial' (great read, for anyone interested) and I had some spare parts and time to put together my own rendition of Captain Zorridor Slayke, leader of the mercenary group the Sons and Daughters of Freedom.

And lastly, here's a redo of Corporal Adson from E Team:

Although most Neimoidians were deemed as traitors to the Republic, and were vastly prejudiced against in the Republic, a few were brave enough to apply for military positions in the Republic Military. One such Neimoidian was Corporal Adson, an excellent field medic who served in the 367th Legion.

Well, I hope you like them. LMK what you think, all comments are appreciated. Thanks for looking.

Offline Roton7

• Jedi Padawan
  • Roton, King of the Ozone
    • View Profile
I absolutely LOVE the gunship! It's the best gunship custom I've ever seen! :D
Yo is what yo is.

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Thank you! I'll just have to add the front cannons and dullcote it, then it'll be completely finished...

Offline ThePerennial

• Jedi Initiate
  • "..And shoot the loudmouth first!"
    • View Profile
I agree, that's a pretty sweet-ass gunship, dude.

That custom of Captain Zorridor Slayke looks great, too. awesome use of parts and the paint job on his head looks so convincing that it took me a minute or two to recognize it was a clone head! It actually looks very different froma clone head and that's awesome.

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
Good updates DN - a few things that really struck me about these batches.  You've really done good getting the clone and jedi parts to intermingle.  I've tried to match up some of the clone parts and they didn't come out nearly so well.  Do you have to much jerry-rigging to get the joints together?  One minor comment.  On the chest straps, you may want to try to paint them before attaching them.  Some of the whites on the sides are still visible.  Obviously this is a minor comment.  Keep up the great work.

Also - almost forgot.  The gunship is very cool.  I've painted one of those before and know how much of pain the be to work with!

Offline IncomT65

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
I commented more detailed at GalacticArchives, which in a nutshell is: awesome gunship!!!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
I like the Nemoidian.  Good creative idea for that species.

The Gunship looks outstanding. Very real looking paint job, it looks like a real ship like that.  The cloth drape on the side is a genius idea too.

:)

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Good updates DN - a few things that really struck me about these batches.  You've really done good getting the clone and jedi parts to intermingle.  I've tried to match up some of the clone parts and they didn't come out nearly so well.  Do you have to much jerry-rigging to get the joints together?  One minor comment.  On the chest straps, you may want to try to paint them before attaching them.  Some of the whites on the sides are still visible.  Obviously this is a minor comment.  Keep up the great work.

Also - almost forgot.  The gunship is very cool.  I've painted one of those before and know how much of pain the be to work with!

On this custom, no trimming was needed to get the clone parts to fit in the legs and arms...it did take me a couple sets of arms and legs to find one that looks natural...

I agree with you on the chest straps, Brent, I just find them easier to work with when they're unpainted, but maybe I'll paint before they're applied.

Thanks for everyone's comments on the Gunship, it'll be in Chapter 3...

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: Darth Nirvana's Customs- Update 7/10- ADSC Redo for PN
« Reply #490 on: July 10, 2006, 06:17 PM »
I had pics taken for Chapter 3, but I did some reviewing and decided that the chapter was too boring...so I redid the story line...but first I had to make the subject of the chapter, Corporal Adson, into a more combat-oriented soldier.

Corporal Adson, Air Drop Shock Commando- Version 2

The helmet isn't removable, but I filled it with Sculpy and pushed it down onto the clone's neck post, making a set of interchangeable heads:

I had an extra BBi boonie hat and added it to the figure as well, why he has it on instead of his helmet, you'll find out in Chapter 3  ;)...

In an 'action' pose:

Once you remove the rails on a BBi pack, it has an empty shell that fits perfectly over the Scout's survival pack:

It's not much added, but I'm pretty satisfied with him and it's just what I needed for my PN. Thanks for looking.

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
  • The beatings will continue until morale improves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: July 10, 2006, 06:58 PM »
I have to hand it to you D_N The dropship is beautiful. The coloring and weathering on it are just perfect. Excellent job on this my man.

As for Adson, I like the idea of the interchangable heads, it is certainly a lot easier than dremmeling out the entire helmet. With those Scout heads no matter how much you holloe them out they still wont fit on a clones head, theyre just too small. :(  He looks good. I dont really know about the boonie hat though. But Hopefully that wioll be explained in the PN.

Offline CommanderKorbra

• Jedi Initiate
  • Mandalorian Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: July 11, 2006, 11:20 AM »
DN like I said in the chat last night, I love the gunship and alot of your clones. Very creative. Keep up the good work.
"I don't think that anything shows a greater passion for Star Wars than when a collector attempts to make their own figures."
-CHEWIE

Offline aeseven7

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: July 11, 2006, 04:53 PM »
DN-

Gotta say, I really like these series of customs you're doing.  They have a very unique feel to them and i love the use of different clone parts.

The gunship really looks sharp as well, weathering is great and the colors are perfect!

Hard to pick a favorite!

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: July 21, 2006, 12:23 PM »
DE- Yeah, it was alot easier to just fill the helmet with Sculpey as an interchangeable head...I've never had luck hollowing things out with a Dremel. As for the boonie hat and the PN, it's being put on hiatus for right now...I know what I'm going to be placing in the story, but I'm goign to be very busy for the next two weeks and thus Chapter 3 will not begin production until Mid-August.  :'(

CK- Thanks for the props on the Gunship. It was a large project and I'm pretty satisfied on how it turned out. I can't wait to put the thing in action in Chapter 3.  :)

AE- Thanks for all the kind comments. I apologize if I haven't replied to yours before, but let me just say, they blow me out of the water, especially that last group of E3 Clones. Great job.