Author Topic: D_N's Customs- Updated December 1st?!!!?!  (Read 128347 times)

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: Darth Nirvana's Customs- New Update 8/24- Clone Commander Manten
« Reply #510 on: August 24, 2006, 01:03 PM »
wow...these are really great...have you got any tips on weathering...your amazing at it...but every time i try it it comes out all blotchy and weird looking

Thanks man. All I do is just use a wash first. It takes a little while to get the right consistency of the wash fluid. Then, I just drybrush in a tan to kind of get a dried mud look to his boots and hands mainly.

Well, one trip to the ER and 4 stitches later (those damn Xactos), here is a Clone Commander I put together.

He's going to be the first in a small series of Ep 3 Clone Commanders that I'll be working on. Not a lot, probably five...

The 67th Reconnaissance Corps specializes in, well, what its name declares- recon. Usually sent ahead of a full-scale attack, they probe the enemy's lines to find weak spots, and occasionaly destroy a supply depot as well. Lightly armored, with a minimal amount of gear, the specially trained clone soldiers rely on thier wits, personal strength, and their trusty DC-15S to get their job done.

Clone Marshall Commander Manten, a calm, quiet, and excellent leader, he is starting to show streaks of gray hair along his temples due to years of stressful combat situations and the clone's accelerated aging genome.

The helmet isn't hollowed out, but rather interchangeable with Cody's neckpost:

Well, I hope you like him. LMK what you think. Thanks for looking.
My whole expanse...I cannot see...

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: August 24, 2006, 02:00 PM »
Looking good DN.  However, my main comment is watch out for those knives.  They are sharp!  I hope you are okay!

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: August 26, 2006, 07:51 PM »
Thanks Brent. I've finished the four Clone Commanders I've promised, pics hopefully tomorrow.

Yeah, that Xacto knife came down full-force on my knee, and cut it open down to the fat layer...it didn't hurt that much because I think I sliced clean through my nerves, lol.

Offline starkid500

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: August 26, 2006, 07:57 PM »
sorry to here about your knee and once i had sliced the the side of my middle finger. great detail on the custom!
Edit by AngryEwok - Don't put images in your signature.

Offline CloneCommander1

• Jedi Initiate
  • Oh no you did-nt!
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: August 26, 2006, 11:36 PM »
The same thing happened to me with an exacto.  No stitches though, just a helluva lot of gauze ;).  I really like this custom, very cool weathering and mix of parts!  I wish I had that many scouts to customize though.  Nice work!
It's not just football, it's Notre Dame football!

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: Darth Nirvana's Customs- UPDATE 8/31- Imperial Commandos, Again.
« Reply #515 on: August 31, 2006, 03:54 PM »
Well, a week later and I redid my Imperial Commandos to get ready to start taking pics of chapter one for 'Imperial Commando: Payback', my own little PN that hopefully will be good to go by mid-Sept or early Oct. These commandos will be the ones in the PN. I've got the ex-Jedi's Wookie bodyguard done, but I'm waiting to take pics of him when I actually finish the Jedi, lol. I also have his house in the works as well as a little base camp for the Commandos. Well, enought text and now some pics:

Pvt. Emala- Private Emala is the squad's radio man. He wears a radio pack with a long rand antenna to keep in contact with their extraction Gunship and the orbiting Imperial cruiser.

Pvt. Anders- the only non-clone in Squad Epsilon, or Ep for short, is a straight up rifleman. Carrying no gear, except for the standard military pack, Anders is smart, albeit a little short-tempered.

Pvt. Rohana- Ep Squad's heavy gunner, he hefts a long-barreled Merrson 170LRB (Light Repeating Blaster) to lay down suppresive fire or lay a devasting burst of fire to take down even the toughest opponent.

Corporal Sode- Ep Squad's leader, he wears Scout Trooper armor with Stormtrooper gaunlets in full combat.Carrying only a rilfe and a mind full of important tactical information, he is a great leader and soldier.

Now for some in-action shots. Here's what their landscape's gonna look like in the PN:

Finally, a stylized preview shot for the PN itself:

Well, I hope you like them. LMK what you think. Thanks for looking.

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile

Offline Brisk Arper

• Jedi Initiate
  • ITS A TWAP!!!!
    • View Profile
    • mandalorian mercs
Re: Darth Nirvana's Customs- UPDATE 8/31- Imperial Commandos, Again.
« Reply #517 on: September 3, 2006, 10:29 AM »
wow...these are all amazing...i love the idea of mixed clone and non clone units...pn looks really interesting...i cant wait to see it.
in the words of a famous admiral......

ITS A TWAP!!!

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: Darth Nirvana's Customs- UPDATE 9/2- Master Orden and Wookie bodyguard
« Reply #518 on: September 4, 2006, 12:21 PM »
Thanks MBA. It's still a ways off, but it's definitely going to happen.

Jedi Master Galven Orden was one of the best Jedi negotiators of his time. Suprisingly young for for a Jedi Master, Master Orden was assigned to the 5th Fleet Security Batallion. When Order 66 came through to their commander, though, the clone troopers opened fire on the powerful Jedi Master and his Padawan. Due to Orden's impressive lightsaber and exceptional force skills, he managed to cut down the 9-man squad that had betrayed him. He managed to sneak back into the hangar and escape in his Jedi Starfighter.

The loss of his Padawan and all other Jedi killed in the Jedi Purge plagueing his mind as he searched for a safe haven, he spiraled into a deep depression for many years until he overcame his guilt and stumbled onto the barq farming planet of Qiilura. Landing there, and constructing a small secluded villa in a remote region of the planet, Master Orden destroyed his Jedi robes for a pair of peasant ones.

Searching the galaxy for a bodyguard in case the Empire ever came back to hunt him down, Orden found Arnjak, a former Wookie cheiftan whose entire tribe was wiped out by clone troopers shortly after Order 66. Still bitter over the massacre that took place over 30 years ago, Arnjak was immensely strong and was nothing but fur and muscle. Hired by Orden, they developed a strong bond and became best friends instead of client and employer.

JEDI MASTER GALVEN ORDEN

ARNJAK, WOOKIE CHEIFTAN

Both of them together:

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: Darth Nirvana's Customs- UPDATE 9/4- Exiled Jedi, ADSC Gunship Pilots
« Reply #519 on: September 4, 2006, 07:35 PM »
Here's a little diorama I put together for my Imperial Commando PN- a little lean-to type shelter for them to sleep in while planetside. Nothing extravagant, just getting used to working with Fomecor so I'll be able to put Orden's villa together so it'll look okay.

It's not 3 3/4 tall, here's a pic to show its relative size:

If you're wondering who the guy is in that last pic...

ADSC Gunship Pilots are some of the most highly trained pilots in the Empire. Given extensive drilling under intense stress, these men are used to inserting small squads under heavy fire, or none at all. The pair of soldiers are inseperable- if they're clones, raised in the same pod, train together, fly together, fight together. One being the main pilot while the other being a gunner/drop marshall.

SARGEANT SYRUS- Gunship 1171's pilot, Syrus wears a flak vest under blast-proof armor to shield himself from possible shrapnel hits during insertion/extraction.

SARGEANT ELSON- 1171's Gunner, he wears a blaster-proof vest with a radio and spare ammo pouches. Giving many tasks such as operating the Gunship's main cannons, prepping squads for drops, and providing suppresive fire from above if neccesary.

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: September 6, 2006, 09:03 PM »
Bump! :)

Offline Straxus

• Jedi Initiate
  • Flaming Human Torso Productions
    • View Profile
    • My MYSPACE page
« Reply #521 on: September 7, 2006, 03:10 AM »
Very cool figures!
Sorry I had not posted on this over last few days, I have just been banging my head against the wall with my curreent projects...LOL
Great stuff there!
I like the addition of figures based on Imperial Gunners to your teams. For a figure that is not actually super articulated I must say it has alot of potential for customs and variety. (After my hectic searching I was finaly able to add four to my collection of figures...)
I like the weathering on these guys...gives the look of true vetrans of actual combat. Too many of the troopers in star wars looked like they had never seen any actual combat and well...it kinda showed in the OT... Stormtroopers usually really sucked... ("these shots are too precise for sandpeople...only imperial stormtroopers are so precise..." ya... imagine how bad sandpeople shoot then...)
These guys on the other hand look like they probably could have wiped out the rebellion if given the chance!
...carbon stars with ancient satellites colonized by sentient fungi. Gas giants inhabited by vast meteorological intelligences. Worlds stretched thin across the membranes where dimensions intersect...

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Thanks for the in-depth critique Straxus.  :)

Some of you might recall my Imperial Trench Trooper:
Shortly after the Battle of Yavin, the Empire began invovled in a series of large-scale battles in backwater planets that targeted Rebel outposts and listening posts. Supposed to be just a sweep-in-and-out skirmish, the Rebels usually ended up knowing they were on their way and bringing up a battallion to support the Rebel troops. One such battle was the Battle of Dantooine, in the upper poles of the planet in the swampy grasslands.

Soon after the battle escalated, it evolved into a bloody stalemate between 2 miles of open no-man's land, where blaster fire and artillery shells slagged the merciless terrain. Thus, the Empire found themselves dug in in a system of fortified trenches, where they stayed for almost a full month, until an Imperial Star Destroyer showed up and decimated the Rebel fleet.

The Empire's frontline troops wore a green-gray jumpsuit with armor on their forearms and shins, a shrapnel-protected tactical vest, as well as a utility belt with a carry-all pouch, a canteen, and a trench shovel.

Here is Version 2...completely different, but same concept uniform/backstory:

General Prine and Captain Samek were in charge of the task force assigned to elinate Master Orden. Stationed on the Imperial Navy Cruiser the Swift Vengeance, they gave the orders of Squads Epsilon and Foxtrot.

Captain Samek

General Prine

Group Shot

Looking at these pics, I'll have to swap out the head on Prine to a more clean one...hmm...

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: Darth Nirvana's Customs- UPDATE 9/11- Imperial Officers
« Reply #523 on: September 11, 2006, 08:52 PM »
As promised, here's the new head on Prine:

I didn't really like the suspenders on Samek, so I replaced them with pouches:

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: Darth Nirvana's Customs- UPDATE 9/13- Imperial HALO Trooper
« Reply #524 on: September 16, 2006, 08:43 PM »
Inspired by jubjubjedi's HALO clone concept drawing, I wondered what an Imperial version of the same type trooper would look like:

The parts list is quite extenisve, basically a combination of Sandtrooper, ATAT Driver, Scout Trooper, styrene, and BBi accesories.

I tried to keep some of jubjub's original design aspects, like the two vertical stabalizers on his backs as well as a harness of some sorts.

The only thing that I'm not too satisfied with is how his breathing hoses connect to his helmet. It just didn't turn out the way I wanted it too.

Well, LMK what you think. All comments are appeciated. Thanks for looking.